Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-15-2021, 08:57 AM   #15
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
As long as the '19 refresh designer is off the team, I say go for it.

While this may come off as a little bit of a rant I do not mean to take my ire out on you personally Red Chief. I just do not understand the need for many people to keep pointing to the 2019 refresh as terrible. We get it, you and many others didn't like it. Some people do like it, I personally love it. The 2019 refresh is what got me to purchase a Camaro. I was set to buy a 2018 Camaro or Mustang but then saw the refresh and waited another year specifically to get the 2019 Camaro. If my choice was for the 2020 or 2021 I would not have purchased the vehicle at all.

This is why choice is so great and that options are available to us. Those that do not like something can simply go out and choose something else... why the need to keep poking at something, especially now 2 years later, is beyond me. I think this is a whole other major issue that I have with social media in general.

It's been 2 years, let it go, you and many others have gotten their wish and were able to purchase the vehicle you prefer. The 2019 with the entire front black grill looks way more aggressive (to me) than anything with the body color bar across the front... to me. Again, thank goodness for choice. I nearly was back into another Mustang but couldn't be happier with the choice I made. To top it off I am even more thrilled that the 2019 is a one off year, it will always completely stand out and be recognizable as a 2019 easily while 2016-2018 are very similar with very minor changes and so far the 2020 and 2021 are also very similar with very minor changes. I love the uniqueness.

And again, I do not mean to take this out on Red Chief at all, just those in general that still after 2 years can not let it go. We've all heard it, plenty of times, you got your wish and your car that you want... and I got mine. Why keep bringing it up?

As far as the electric vehicle goes, I would much rather have an electric Camaro than a Volt or a Leaf or a Mach-e or a Tesla at this point. At least with GM/Chevy making it I will be able to choose from a variety of colors as well as option choices. I won't be stuck driving the exact same vehicle with the same color exterior and interior that everyone else has. Imagine parking in a large lot for a sporting event and coming out to see it filled with the exact same car... everywhere.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #16
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Dodge doesn’t have a CEO. As Dodge was part of Fiat which is now part of Stellantis, it’s the most foreign cars of foreign cars. And Challenger is built in Canada so very little American about it. So their future will be interesting.
Except for that Hemi. Yup, good ol' fashioned American horsepower, built and assembled in.....Mexico. I'll see myself out
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #17
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Will just have to wait n see what happens.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:20 AM   #18
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I hate to be the one to throw a wet blanket on the initial premise of this thread, but this is more than likely over-reach at the same level of the "Mustang's gettin' a pushrod" misinterpretation of a minor news story. What the hell does all that mean?

Mustang's getting the 6.8L OHV!!
This story swerved out of control (like a 5.0 at a C&C ) because a union official answered a question that was waaaay outta his swim lane with erroneous information that is easily disproved.

Camaro will continue to 2026
This is based on the likelihood that an Australian based unit has been given permission to continue a 2nd stage manufacture operation through 2026. Second stage manufacture is where a car company ships vehicles to a separate unit or company that then makes significant modifications before selling the car into commerce. Callaway is an example of a second stage manufacturer. GMSV is sort of an "in-house" second stage manufacturer. Since GMSV expects to sell about 500/yr right hand drive Camaro SS vehicles, the most likely scenario is that GM will simply build out 1,500 - 2,000 vehicles at the end of Camaro's run in 2023 to be set aside for GMSV to modify and supply the cars to the Australian market through 2026. Absolutely no need to keep an assembly plant open to fulfill GMSV product needs. That would be a serious example of tail wags dog. And GM is also not gonna decide "well, since Australia wants 500 cars a year, maybe we'll keep LGR cranking out low numbers of Camaro for North America to make it possible for Australia to sell their 500/year". Again, tail wags dog. Keep in mind that in about this same time, Cadillac will be replacing CT4 and CT5 with BEVs, so Camaro will be the only product on an Alpha platform. That won't float.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:37 AM   #19
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
While this may come off as a little bit of a rant I do not mean to take my ire out on you personally Red Chief. I just do not understand the need for many people to keep pointing to the 2019 refresh as terrible. We get it, you and many others didn't like it. Some people do like it, I personally love it. The 2019 refresh is what got me to purchase a Camaro. I was set to buy a 2018 Camaro or Mustang but then saw the refresh and waited another year specifically to get the 2019 Camaro. If my choice was for the 2020 or 2021 I would not have purchased the vehicle at all.

This is why choice is so great and that options are available to us. Those that do not like something can simply go out and choose something else... why the need to keep poking at something, especially now 2 years later, is beyond me. I think this is a whole other major issue that I have with social media in general.

It's been 2 years, let it go, you and many others have gotten their wish and were able to purchase the vehicle you prefer. The 2019 with the entire front black grill looks way more aggressive (to me) than anything with the body color bar across the front... to me. Again, thank goodness for choice. I nearly was back into another Mustang but couldn't be happier with the choice I made. To top it off I am even more thrilled that the 2019 is a one off year, it will always completely stand out and be recognizable as a 2019 easily while 2016-2018 are very similar with very minor changes and so far the 2020 and 2021 are also very similar with very minor changes. I love the uniqueness.

And again, I do not mean to take this out on Red Chief at all, just those in general that still after 2 years can not let it go. We've all heard it, plenty of times, you got your wish and your car that you want... and I got mine. Why keep bringing it up?

As far as the electric vehicle goes, I would much rather have an electric Camaro than a Volt or a Leaf or a Mach-e or a Tesla at this point. At least with GM/Chevy making it I will be able to choose from a variety of colors as well as option choices. I won't be stuck driving the exact same vehicle with the same color exterior and interior that everyone else has. Imagine parking in a large lot for a sporting event and coming out to see it filled with the exact same car... everywhere.
I agree 100%! Well stated!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #20
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
GM= We are making an ev for everyone.
Camaro Fans= We don't want an ev . . .

Reading the tweet it looks like there will be an electric Camaro.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #21
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I guess we will have to buy Challenger Scat Packs, or Mustang GT if we want a muscle car then?
My sources tell me the Challenger & Charger's days are numbered.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:04 AM   #22
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
Any timeframe?
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:18 AM   #23
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
On the future changes coming to the automotive world. To borrow a line from Star Trek. "Our generation will have the hardest time living in it."
And I'm keeping my baby until I can't drive my 6spd anymore.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 AM   #24
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I hope for everyone’s sake that wants a continuation that GM puts out a GEN seven, however, the car I have im keeping till I can’t shift anymore.
Exactly!
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #25
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post

I'm old enough to remember how the '69 Camaro was received. Everyone hated it. Now look; of the first three years, it's the one everyone wants now...

Enjoy your car. I never thought they looked bad. The wide-body Challenger? That's a friggin joke...
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #26
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
On the future changes coming to the automotive world. To borrow a line from Star Trek. "Our generation will have the hardest time living in it."
And I'm keeping my baby until I can't drive my 6spd anymore.
I like Star Trek, but Kirk Spock McCoy & Roddenberry can burn in hell. Plot twist: This world's overlords are actually their alt-universe Empire.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #27
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
At least their going out with "The King" status. They put horsepower in their stuff.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:54 PM   #28
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
Any timeframe?
~2024-2025

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote