Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2021, 10:56 AM   #1
PontiacBandit

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
PAC AP4-GM61 on 2020+ Camaro

Hello again everyone. I’m considering purchasing a PAC AP4-GM61 for adding amplifiers and a DSP to my car. The problem is that Crutchfield indicates that this won’t work in my 2021 LT1 with Bose. I did some research and the PAC website seems to indicate that radio RPO code IO5 or IO6 and from what I can tell, I have IOT.

Has anyone used this PAC module on a 2020 or 2021? If so, what were your results? I can’t seem to find any options that explicitly say they work for the 2020 or 2021 model.

Thanks!
PontiacBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #2
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
I reached out to PAC a while back and had a phone call with them. They told me they do NOT have a module for 2021 with Bose. As far as I know, if you have a Bose, your options are the NavTV Zen AVB-GM as a full amp replacement, or a harness that taps into the speaker wires AFTER the Bose amp and then you need something (e.g. LC7i) to sum and de-equalize the signal before the DSP. or a DSP that has those capabilities build into it.
Of course, things change quickly so PAC may now have something... Call them.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:43 AM   #3
PontiacBandit

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
I reached out to PAC a while back and had a phone call with them. They told me they do NOT have a module for 2021 with Bose. As far as I know, if you have a Bose, your options are the NavTV Zen AVB-GM as a full amp replacement, or a harness that taps into the speaker wires AFTER the Bose amp and then you need something (e.g. LC7i) to sum and de-equalize the signal before the DSP. or a DSP that has those capabilities build into it.
Of course, things change quickly so PAC may now have something... Call them.
Thanks for this! I’ll reach out to PAC today. The reason that I’m so resistant to the Nav-TV module is the price. I could probably get the PAC module and a good DSP for the same price as just the Nav-TV alone.

I’ve been exploring the idea of tapping into the post-amp wires and feeding them into a DSP like the 3Sixty.3 that can correct the levels. This might be what I end up going with to try and keep cost down. One of the benefits of having the LT1 trim is that I have no sensors and alert sounds to worry about, I just need to deal with ANC.
PontiacBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Right, the AP4-GM61 is for the old MOST communication protocol which ended with the 2018 Camaro. For 2019+ the protocol is ethernet-based AVB, and the connectors are different also. Axxess may have an option for you, but I'd call and verify before ordering anything. You should also find your RPO codes and verify that you have IOT (versus IOS), so you give them accurate info.