Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #8163
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Not for nothing but I think you said it backwards...what you mean is, a GT needs every bolt-on available plus weight reduction and an E85 race tune to keep up with a stock ZL1. HAHA!! Not for nothing, but they're the ones chasing us. Not the other way around. And not for nothing, they'll be chasing with a blown warranty to beat a stock ZL1 in one insignificant area (a dumb roll on up to 90 MPH) while we literally destroy them after that speed and in everything else. AND have full options. HAHA!! They are not our competition.
Ha, yes, true, although I think a FBO E85 A10 PP1 hangs at least until 100 mph w/ stock ZL1s.

Anyway, I can't remember if I said it on here or M6G, but one thing I'm looking forward to in a way is I won't be 1 of 20 Mustang GTs at Cars and Coffee anymore! My Mustang is a good looking car, but it's just one good looking car in a sea of Mustangs at C&C. I'll be 1 of 1 (or 2) 6th gen ZL1s at most C&Cs. There's not a lot of ZL1s around here.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:27 PM   #8164
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Ha, yes, true, although I think a FBO E85 A10 PP1 hangs at least until 100 mph w/ stock ZL1s.

Anyway, I can't remember if I said it on here or M6G, but one thing I'm looking forward to in a way is I won't be 1 of 20 Mustang GTs at Cars and Coffee anymore! My Mustang is a good looking car, but it's just one good looking car in a sea of Mustangs at C&C. I'll be 1 of 1 (or 2) 6th gen ZL1s at most C&Cs. There's not a lot of ZL1s around here.
Yeah, that is a good point. I've only seen one ZLE here and it had outta state plates. Saw my first ZL1 at a car show at the college here in town. Besides that, nothing.

I remember ordering my 16GTPP and literally 2 weeks before it showed up, I saw another one exactly like it, sans spoiler delete. I was like welp, time to order wheels and set mine apart lol.

Congrats on your purchase by the way, I'm a long time mustang guy but this camaro is more bang for your buck in every aspect.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:27 AM   #8165
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:

Not a lot of ZL1's period.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #8166
Skistrom

Drives: 2021 ZL1, Wild Chery Tintcoat
Well..... Might have another Mustang to Camaro convert soon.
I bought my loaded 19GT almost 2 years ago and it's a great car. I was looking semi hard at the GT500 base. But pricing, with all the ADM stuff is just absolutely crazy on those. Even without ADM, still way expensive. And since I already own a Mustang, going to a new and albeit, better Mustang, kinda feels ho-hum to me.
I have ALWAYS liked the looks of the Camaro! No ZL1's around my immediate area, so I drove a 2SS a couple weeks back. Nice, nice, car.
I live near Portland and there's a ZL1 that just landed at a dealer near Seattle. My plan is to drive up Saturday and go for a test drive. Should be fun!!
Skistrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:50 AM   #8167
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skistrom View Post
I bought my loaded 19GT almost 2 years ago and it's a great car. I was looking semi hard at the GT500 base. But pricing, with all the ADM stuff is just absolutely crazy on those. Even without ADM, still way expensive. And since I already own a Mustang, going to a new and albeit, better Mustang, kinda feels ho-hum to me.
I have ALWAYS liked the looks of the Camaro! No ZL1's around my immediate area, so I drove a 2SS a couple weeks back. Nice, nice, car.
I live near Portland and there's a ZL1 that just landed at a dealer near Seattle. My plan is to drive up Saturday and go for a test drive. Should be fun!!
That should be a fun test drive. I dont know many that have test driven one and not brought it home, take your check book HAHA.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:57 AM   #8168
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
I'm assuming you've seen my posts summarizing my experience with the ZL1 in the last few pages of this thread. If not, here's the short summary: I bought new a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 Premium w/ MagneRide and A10 - I love it. Fast forward 2+ years to Dec. '20: test drove ZL1 - placed order for one a week later.

Yep, as ST1LE said, bring your checkbook. If you can afford a ZL1 you'll probably want to buy it after driving it.

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 02-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #8169
Skistrom

Drives: 2021 ZL1, Wild Chery Tintcoat
Smile

Quote:
I'm assuming you've seen my posts summarizing my experience with the ZL1 in the last few pages of this thread. If not, here's the short summary: I bought new a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 Premium w/ MagneRide and A10 - I love it. Fast forward 2+ years to Dec. '20: test drove ZL1 - placed order for one a week later.

Yep, as ST1LE said, bring your checkbook. If you can afford a ZL1 you'll probably want to buy it after driving it.
I have been watching the thread over on the Mustang site with you and adamone92.
Between the two forums, I'm spending way to much screen time. But the weather is crap, so it's not like I'm gonna be out driving the Mustang right now anyway.
Skistrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:57 AM   #8170
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
The only thing you'll regret is not buying one sooner!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:15 AM   #8171
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I think we all knew the 59,995 starting price for the C8 wouldn't last long and now it is gone, only up 1k and still insane value

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...20respectively.

I don't like the mid model year price increase method though
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #8172
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think we all knew the 59,995 starting price for the C8 wouldn't last long and now it is gone, only up 1k and still insane value

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...20respectively.

I don't like the mid model year price increase method though
Didn't the GT350 and GT350R both see a price hike? And if I remember it was a lot more than $1K. I don't think any Mustang guys have a right to complain about the price of cars after all the markups they done paid over the past few years. At least the C8 can be had at MSRP and in it's lowest form will outperform the GT350R while still being much cheaper. I see no issue with such a small increase.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #8173
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Didn't the GT350 and GT350R both see a price hike? And if I remember it was a lot more than $1K. I don't think any Mustang guys have a right to complain about the price of cars after all the markups they done paid over the past few years. At least the C8 can be had at MSRP and in it's lowest form will outperform the GT350R while still being much cheaper. I see no issue with such a small increase.
yeah they both got more expensive through out their life, typically when standard equipment changed.

My only gripe if you could call it that is that this increase is going into effect MID model year. Like it couldn't just wait till next model year. That's the only thing i'd be complaining about is a mid model year price hike
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #8174
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
yeah they both got more expensive through out their life, typically when standard equipment changed.

My only gripe if you could call it that is that this increase is going into effect MID model year. Like it couldn't just wait till next model year. That's the only thing i'd be complaining about is a mid model year price hike
It is an odd time for an increase no question.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:29 PM   #8175
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:

The C8 mid-year price increase is probably tied to steel and other material/commodity price spikes seen in late 2020 and early 2021. Steel has increased an exceptional amount in the last few months - by 50-100% since summer 2020.

Plastic has also more than doubled since summer of 2020. Copper is nearly double the price since summer of 2020 as well.

These spikes are due to low demand during Covid-19 shutdowns, then high demand during recovery, but without the production to meet the demand. Analysts are saying the prices aren't sustainable and expect them to drop down to more reasonable levels later this year (let's keep our fingers crossed).

Of course, GM could also be seeing high demand for the C8 and felt comfortable raising prices mid-year, since it's likely negligible to someone buying a C8, but over 20k units, adds up for GM.

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 03-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #8176
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I agree with Idaho. I'll add that it might also be the E5 emission restrictions playing a role in it. It looks like a lot of vehicles if not all of them will be seeing very large price increases. Especially for non-essential vehicles. I'm honestly surprised that the increase is only $1K.