Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-16-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
FIFTY W/Maggie vs. Challenger 395 w/ bolt ons fun read

Long read if your bored and funny story. If your sensitive please visit: https://barbie.mattel.com/shop

So I really drive down to Mexico often lol but last weekend I had a chance. It was about 9A on a chilly morning and I had just left my house which is in the country with a lot of open road. I turn on a main road and I accelerate to about 50 and just putting along. I seen the car coming up on my left and there is no one else on the road. This is a large 4 lane. As he passes me he throws a rev. It was loud. Both of our windows are rolled up and tinted so we can't see one another. About a mile ahead is a traffic light literally in the middle of nowhere. As we both approach it goes yellow and we jam our brakes. It would of been perfectly legal to go through but heck no. It was perfect. He rolls down his window and his wife in the pass seat looks at me and says "I don't want to be pissed off this early in the morning" with a slight smirk. I laughed and told her if my wife was in the car she would say the same thing. I then tell her "you know we have to al least do a short run". and she agrees. Light turns green and my cheap cold tires are spinning but TC is helping a lot and I am feathering. At about 50 I hook and let it run through 3/4 or somewhere around there. I must of put 5 cars on the guy and shut down. I would say maybe 80/90mph nothing crazy. We get to the next light and he looks over and says "Damn man I had traction issues but you were worse and damn that thing is fast". I laughed and replied "I forgot to mention I am supercharged" with a wink. They both toss there hands in the air, we all laugh and tell one another to have a great day.

Here's why this was such a great experience, story. No one was reckless, no flybys, no hurt feelings. To beautiful cars doing what they are meant to do in a safe environment. God I love having a winter home in Mexico. BTW for what I assume was simple intake/exhaust that 392 wanted to play for a second. LOL Impressive.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Long read if your bored and funny story. If your sensitive please visit: https://barbie.mattel.com/shop

So I really drive down to Mexico often lol but last weekend I had a chance. It was about 9A on a chilly morning and I had just left my house which is in the country with a lot of open road. I turn on a main road and I accelerate to about 50 and just putting along. I seen the car coming up on my left and there is no one else on the road. This is a large 4 lane. As he passes me he throws a rev. It was loud. Both of our windows are rolled up and tinted so we can't see one another. About a mile ahead is a traffic light literally in the middle of nowhere. As we both approach it goes yellow and we jam our brakes. It would of been perfectly legal to go through but heck no. It was perfect. He rolls down his window and his wife in the pass seat looks at me and says "I don't want to be pissed off this early in the morning" with a slight smirk. I laughed and told her if my wife was in the car she would say the same thing. I then tell her "you know we have to al least do a short run". and she agrees. Light turns green and my cheap cold tires are spinning but TC is helping a lot and I am feathering. At about 50 I hook and let it run through 3/4 or somewhere around there. I must of put 5 cars on the guy and shut down. I would say maybe 80/90mph nothing crazy. We get to the next light and he looks over and says "Damn man I had traction issues but you were worse and damn that thing is fast". I laughed and replied "I forgot to mention I am supercharged" with a wink. They both toss there hands in the air, we all laugh and tell one another to have a great day.

Here's why this was such a great experience, story. No one was reckless, no flybys, no hurt feelings. To beautiful cars doing what they are meant to do in a safe environment. God I love having a winter home in Mexico. BTW for what I assume was simple intake/exhaust that 392 wanted to play for a second. LOL Impressive.

I had a similar experience in March when covid lockdowns hit Mexico the hardest and roads were empty, except with a Mustang GT and (surprisingly) a Tesla Model 3 Performance with some esthetic mods. The Tesla took the hit like there's no tomorrow (unsurprisingly), but was forced to succumb fairly soon, and the Mustang was given a few bus lengths (also unsurprisingly, he had 200 fewer hp). We gave each other the nod and a few words of appreciation, then went our ways.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
I love that stuff. Keep it safe and understand someone is always faster. Those guys that run through lanes or when others are around make the rest of us look reckless. There is a time and place for everything.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote