Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Got hit by a challenger...

So I got in my first accident last night. I was in the right left hand turn lane and the challenger was on my left. Once we turned, I was trying to turn into the middle of 3 lanes, and he did the same and hit my car just in front of the back left wheel. I assume he was trying to race me and was trying to get into the middle lane, although I had no intentions of racing. Anyway the damage isn't that bad, some scratched paint and a decent dent. It'll be fixed easily but it'll be a pain to match synergy green. When I first got the car I repainted the front bumper and it was a pain in the butt to say the least. Took like three tries. I'm mostly just upset about my baby getting hit...
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
That sucks, is his insurance paying for this?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Sucks man, I got side swiped in my ABM, havent gotten it repaired yet but I am nervous as well about the color matching.. Some people just cant drive.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
That would seemed to have lead to fisticuffs. It ain't NASCAR out there!
Old 02-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #5
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
I'm always trying to impress upon my daughter at an early age, it's not your driving I worry about, it's everyone else's.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
That sucks, is his insurance paying for this?
I'm not even sure if he's made a claim to his insurance yet. I'm not sure what's gunna happen but I can't imagine the insurance companies don't make them pay for it because he was obviously in the wrong.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #7
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
I'm always trying to impress upon my daughter at an early age, it's not your driving I worry about, it's everyone else's.
Exactly. Not to be cocky but I like to think I'm a pretty good driver, better than most on the road. I've been to several driving schools and things of that type and t seems like I'm always more aware of what's going on than other people on the road. It just seems like there are so many awful drivers nowadays. As a matter of fact, the first thing the guy in the challenger said when he got out of the car was "you know how many times I've wrecked this car bro? Five times." Then, because he didn't have his insurance card (or his license), he proceeded to hand me a letter from his insurance company talking about an accident he just had in October...
Old 02-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
Kodexo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Exactly. Not to be cocky but I like to think I'm a pretty good driver, better than most on the road. I've been to several driving schools and things of that type and t seems like I'm always more aware of what's going on than other people on the road. It just seems like there are so many awful drivers nowadays. As a matter of fact, the first thing the guy in the challenger said when he got out of the car was "you know how many times I've wrecked this car bro? Five times." Then, because he didn't have his insurance card (or his license), he proceeded to hand me a letter from his insurance company talking about an accident he just had in October...
I feel like if he's wrecked the same challenger 5 damn times, he shouldn't be driving. How new is the Challenger? I'm assuming the newest gen? Someone backed into my car 4 days after I got and as I walked out of the grocery store my heart sunk, how the hell did he crash his car 5 times and he's just kind of OK with it?
Good luck with repair man, it's a bitch.
Kodexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #9
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodexo View Post
I feel like if he's wrecked the same challenger 5 damn times, he shouldn't be driving. How new is the Challenger? I'm assuming the newest gen? Someone backed into my car 4 days after I got and as I walked out of the grocery store my heart sunk, how the hell did he crash his car 5 times and he's just kind of OK with it?
Good luck with repair man, it's a bitch.
It's a 2010. That's what I'm thinking.. How do you crash the same car 5 times and not realize you shouldn't be driving it..
Old 02-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #10
Kodexo

Quote:
It's a 2010. That's what I'm thinking.. How do you crash the same car 5 times and not realize you shouldn't be driving it..
It's a shame he even drives at all. I hate bad drivers so much. Almost got hit today by some old lady in a malibu. People just don't care.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #11
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
It's a shame he even drives at all. I hate bad drivers so much. Almost got hit today by some old lady in a malibu. People just don't care.
It's crazy that some people even passed the test to get their license
Old 02-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
Kodexo

Quote:
It really is. I feel like there should be more focus on actual driving awareness and skill instead of so much on parallel parking, which I've used once in the last 2 years.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #13
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
It really is. I feel like there should be more focus on actual driving awareness and skill instead of so much on parallel parking, which I've used once in the last 2 years.
Right. I barely leaned anything in drivers ed. Obviously the guy who hit me learned even less
Old 02-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #14
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
I really hope you filed an accident report with the police! You do not want it coming down to your word vs his. With five accidents, he might not have any more insurance or a license for that matter.