Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #71
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
i agree, the customer shouldnt go in blind to any sale of any porduct, no matter what youre buying anywhere. It is difficult to provide top teir service 100% of the time when it seems like your customers walk in the door aggravated and youve never dealt with them before. Not to mention the "entitlement" nature of many of todays customers. i understand exactly that you should get what you paid/agreed for, but people shouldnt walk into a sales or sevice dept makin demands and creating a scene either because they know most places will give in just to keep em quiet. I have heard of some places having to call police on their "customers" because of how crazy theyve gotten. I say "customers" because they are usually someone who has never been to your dealership before and expect the world given to them when they have no history with you. Dealers take a lot of blame for manufacturer policies and build quality as well. Sorry, but i didnt build your car and I didnt set the warranty policy. Finny how on the service side that people feel they shoildnt have to pay for things, even though the vehicle bas 100k+ on it and is 8+ years old. They feel they have no responsibility for their own vehicle. And if you dont Goodwill it for them, theyll threaten to blast you on Yelp or Forums and the like... Dealer owners and GM's just love to see complaints on those websites!
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #72

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
i agree, the customer shouldnt go in blind to any sale of any porduct, no matter what youre buying anywhere. It is difficult to provide top teir service 100% of the time when it seems like your customers walk in the door aggravated and youve never dealt with them before. Not to mention the "entitlement" nature of many of todays customers. i understand exactly that you should get what you paid/agreed for, but people shouldnt walk into a sales or sevice dept makin demands and creating a scene either because they know most places will give in just to keep em quiet. I have heard of some places having to call police on their "customers" because of how crazy theyve gotten. I say "customers" because they are usually someone who has never been to your dealership before and expect the world given to them when they have no history with you. Dealers take a lot of blame for manufacturer policies and build quality as well. Sorry, but i didnt build your car and I didnt set the warranty policy. Finny how on the service side that people feel they shoildnt have to pay for things, even though the vehicle bas 100k+ on it and is 8+ years old. They feel they have no responsibility for their own vehicle. And if you dont Goodwill it for them, theyll threaten to blast you on Yelp or Forums and the like... Dealer owners and GM's just love to see complaints on those websites!
The customers you describe above have nothing to do with the op or his situation. In fact it was the dealership employee who argued with him about his new, expensive, ground-effects kit as not being his problem. Pretty ironic isn't it that the employee of the dealership is actually like the customers you describe above?

The op cannot and shouldn't have to suffer the wrath of the dealership because of bad experiences with other customers. That's part of the problem with dealerships. They have a jaded view of customers, and even a top-dollar paying new car customer like the op is just another face in the crowd to the them.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #73
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Some BS that Dealer Gave me today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The customers you describe above have nothing to do with the op or his situation. In fact it was the dealership employee who argued with him about his new, expensive, ground-effects kit as not being his problem. Pretty ironic isn't it that the employee of the dealership is actually like the customers you describe above?

The op cannot and shouldn't have to suffer the wrath of the dealership because of bad experiences with other customers. That's part of the problem with dealerships. They have a jaded view of customers, and even a top-dollar paying new car customer like the op is just another face in the crowd to the them.

You mean after the op called him a liar after the tech explained he couldn't install the part that was given to him from the factory because it was wrong?

Where the op accused him of not knowing what he was doing? That there are plenty of vehicles with the GFX kit on it?

Ok then

Could it have been handled differently? Id say on both sides yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #74
Memphis43

Quote:

Just like we shouldn't suffer the wrath of said customer thinking the worst of everyone. But guess what. We do.

It's a two sided street. You and fastball want to make it a one way street. And that's the issue.

Hypocritical at best.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
You mean after the op called him a liar after the tech explained he couldn't install the part that was given to him from the factory because it was wrong?

Where the op accused him of not knowing what he was doing? That there are plenty of vehicles with the GFX kit on it?

Ok then

You left out the part where the op had to make them aware of their mistake in the first place. To the tech, the job was done correctly and the part would have to be broken to make the customer happy.

So yes, definitely the tech didn't know what he was doing, and lied when he told the op he'd have to break the part.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #76
Memphis43

Quote:
You left out the part where the op had to make them aware of their mistake in the first place. To the tech, the job was done correctly and the part would have to be broken to make the customer happy.

So yes, definitely the tech didn't know what he was doing, and lied when he told the op he'd have to break the part.

He would have. It wasn't the right one.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #77

Quote:
Just like we shouldn't suffer the wrath of said customer thinking the worst of everyone. But guess what. We do.

It's a two sided street. You and fastball want to make it a one way street. And that's the issue.

Hypocritical at best.

It would be hypocritical if it weren't for the fact the dealership is the one being handed the money by the customer. In your view, a certain number of decent customers need to get screwed over to level the playing field and cover your costs. That's what is hypocritical and why dealerships can't be trusted.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #78
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Hypocritical at best.

You continue to prove why it has to be one way street. Car dealers cannot be trusted at all. Not to sell a car at the right price. Not to get things done right the first time. Not to cater to the customer.

We have to watch out for ourselves.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #79
Memphis43

Some BS that Dealer Gave me today!

Quote:
It would be hypocritical if it weren't for the fact the dealership is the one being handed the money by the customer. In your view, a certain number of decent customers need to get screwed over to level the playing field and cover your costs. That's what is hypocritical and why dealerships can't be trusted.

Nobody has to get screwed over that's the point. Nobody is trying to cover costs here. I'm not saying it doesn't happen.

But people should be able to know the difference.

Customer paid for a car with the GFX kit. Manufacturer didn't send right part.

Dealer us to order right part and then install. Doesn't cost them a dime. Why wouldn't they? Oh wait, they wouldn't.

Where is customer getting screwed?

He's not.

Last edited by Memphis43; 08-20-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #80
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
That tech seems borderline retarded, the part made for the car doesnt fit, isnt it time to start investigating why? He literally threw his hands up and said F this.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #81
Gen6

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

Ok then

First of all, I did't accuse him of anything, just pointed out the fact that he is not right, and the fact that there are cars out there with NPP and GFX. Now the issue that he didn't know there are two versions of the GFX, is another story. I would expect from a tech to know better or at least suggest the possibility of wrong part. But for him to just give the BS of "it doesn't fit" and the fact that he tells me he doesn't know how other cars got it on, is absurd.

Second of all, I don't care whether you are a customer, salesman, dealer owner, or GM president, there is absolutely no reason for the cocky attitude of just saying "It doesn't fit". Again, read my posts closely to understand that my point is, IT IS HOW YOU SAY THINGS.

I went to this process with open mind and have no problem waiting till they fix it. Once they complete the car to what I ordered and what they are going to charge me, I'll happily buy it, after going over the car. Personal preference! You can call it that! some people want to take an incomplete car and pay the complete price, that is their choice.

Past: 2017 2SS | Auto| Garnet Red Tintcoat | Adrenaline Red | 6 Piston Brembos | MRC | NPP | Illuminated Front Bowtie | Sunroof | Navigation | Ground effects | Dark tail lights
Gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #82
Memphis43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 View Post
First of all, I did't accuse him of anything, just pointed out the fact that he is not right, and the fact that there are cars out there with NPP and GFX. Now the issue that he didn't know there are two versions of the GFX, is another story. I would expect from a tech to know better or at least suggest the possibility of wrong part. But for him to just give the BS of "it doesn't fit" and the fact that he tells me he doesn't know how other cars got it on, is absurd.

Second of all, I don't care whether you are a customer, salesman, dealer owner, or GM president, there is absolutely no reason for the cocky attitude of just saying "It doesn't fit". Again, read my posts closely to understand that my point is, IT IS HOW YOU SAY THINGS.

I went to this process with open mind and have no problem waiting till they fix it. Once they complete the car to what I ordered and what they are going to charge me, I'll happily buy it, after going over the car. Personal preference! You can call it that! some people want to take an incomplete car and pay the complete price, that is their choice.

I can agree with you on the part where the tech should have seen if there is a different part number.

This is where I said I believe things could have been handled differently on both sides.

And you are right there are ways to say things.

He probably had never installed one of those pieces before. Like I said I know our dealer hasn't.

But being that I deal with techs on a weekly basis, I know that they get tired of dealing with customers as its not their job. At least they feel it isn't.

That's what they have service writers for and sales reps to figure out the issue.

I can vouch for Grim as well that when a car comes in that is a sales reps customers, that they would like to usually expedite the vehicle to the front of the line to get done.

But there are invariable reasons for this as well.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #83
Memphis43

"I asked my salesman about it and he brings the service guy who is pretty cocky and he tells me "I tried to put it on but because you have NPP the valence wont fit, I have to modify or break it to get it to fit." I tell him he is wrong and show him some pictures of other cars with NPP and GFX. He tells me he doesn't know how they got it on, in the pictures, because it was impossible for him. My answer was, how would GM charge 2k for a body kit that wont fit the car? He had no answer to that!!

They are going to call GM and figure out if they have a wrong part, I doubt that is the issue."
From this quote from your original post you seem to be the one who egged him on. He may have come off with an attitude to begin with. I don't know.

You then proceeded to say you doubt it's the issue that the part was sent from the factory wrong, which is what actually happened.

He told you it wouldn't fit because the valence was wrong and he was right.

Now how he said it to you does make a difference. But being that you questioned him on something he was right on probably sent him a little over the edge.

As a sales rep I would have gone back there without you and tried to figure out what the problem was. Because I actually keep up with the cars I would have been able to tell them what was wrong and get it handled and worked something out with you to pick up the vehicle later.

Because your sales rep probably doesn't know as much as you or me he thought it would probably be best to bring you back there since you know more about the car than he does and that you could probably point out what the issue was.

I don't like customers going back to the service area for this very reason.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #84

Quote:
I can agree with you on the part where the tech should have seen if there is a different part number.

This is where I said I believe things could have been handled differently on both sides.

And you are right there are ways to say things.

He probably had never installed one of those pieces before. Like I said I know our dealer hasn't.

But being that I deal with techs on a weekly basis, I know that they get tired of dealing with customers as its not their job. At least they feel it isn't.

That's what they have service writers for and sales reps to figure out the issue.

I can vouch for Grim as well that when a car comes in that is a sales reps customers, that they would like to usually expedite the vehicle to the front of the line to get done.

But there are invariable reasons for this as well.

Quote:
"I asked my salesman about it and he brings the service guy who is pretty cocky and he tells me "I tried to put it on but because you have NPP the valence wont fit, I have to modify or break it to get it to fit." I tell him he is wrong and show him some pictures of other cars with NPP and GFX. He tells me he doesn't know how they got it on, in the pictures, because it was impossible for him. My answer was, how would GM charge 2k for a body kit that wont fit the car? He had no answer to that!!

They are going to call GM and figure out if they have a wrong part, I doubt that is the issue."
From this quote from your original post you seem to be the one who egged him on. He may have come off with an attitude to begin with. I don't know.

You then proceeded to say you doubt it's the issue that the part was sent from the factory wrong, which is what actually happened.

He told you it wouldn't fit because the valence was wrong and he was right.

Now how he said it to you does make a difference. But being that you questioned him on something he was right on probably sent him a little over the edge.

As a sales rep I would have gone back there without you and tried to figure out what the problem was. Because I actually keep up with the cars I would have been able to tell them what was wrong and get it handled and worked something out with you to pick up the vehicle later.

Because your sales rep probably doesn't know as much as you or me he thought it would probably be best to bring you back there since you know more about the car than he does and that you could probably point out what the issue was.

I don't like customers going back to the service area for this very reason.

Good grief. Is there no end to your insufferable excuse making?

Shift the blame to the customer????....Classic.

I think you should be the poster child for what's wrong with dealerships.

Your posts are so full of fail. No wonder customers are skeptical of dealerships.