Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortugalMan View Post
To be fair in that 2nd video that guy that the Camaro was trying to pass shouldn't be in the passing lane going slow as fk.. I hate people like that. And that last video you can tell by the way his arms were crossed right before the crash he had no idea how to drive.
To be fair to who? That Camaro driver is an idiot. No one likes being held up in the passing lane, but I damn sure am not going to cause a wreck over it!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #16
PortugalMan

Drives: Soon to be Camaro.. I hope?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
To be fair to who? That Camaro driver is an idiot. No one likes being held up in the passing lane, but I damn sure am not going to cause a wreck over it!
I'm not going to say he wasn't an idiot but at the same time I see where he was coming from.
PortugalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #17
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
To be fair in that 2nd video that guy that the Camaro was trying to pass shouldn't be in the passing lane going slow as fk.. I hate people like that. And that last video you can tell by the way his arms were crossed right before the crash he had no idea how to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
In the beginning of the video you can see the shadow of a car in front of the pickup truck. At 0:40, when the Camaro tries to cut in front of the truck you can see the right side. He was the slow driver.
All I can guess is when the car saw the Camaro pull that bonehead move he sped up. But then the pickup driver deliberately drove next to the 2nd semi. You never see the car again.

It was revealed when the video was released the Camaro driver was well over the limit for alcohol.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #18
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Those 8 videos are primarily the only ones I can find on Youtube though, lol. There are still a lot more examples of Mustangs wiping out badly at Cars & Coffee.

If you search for "Camaro crash" on YouTube, the first 2-3 pages are multiple versions of the Jalopnik crash, the Z/28 prototype crash, or the old Bumblebee crash during the filming of Transformers 3. Beyond that, you end up with a lot videos of gamers playing around with a model of a Camaro in a modded version of GTA 4.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #19
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The guy in the pick up truck was an asshole to be sure, but you don't pass on the shoulder or cause a crash over it. People do shit in cars they'd never have the balls to do face to face.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #20
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
...People do shit in cars they'd never have the balls to do face to face.
The same can be said of what people post on the internet... on a forum... on Camaro5.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #21
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
The guy in the pick up truck was an asshole to be sure, but you don't pass on the shoulder or cause a crash over it. People do shit in cars they'd never have the balls to do face to face.
The pickup was behind another car at the beginning of the video. You can see the shadow and when the Camaro tries to cut in front of the truck you can spot the right side (0:40).

Then the car must have gassed it because suddenly they passed the first semi. When the pickup tried to keep the Camaro from passing semi#2 you can't even the see lead car and it is nowhere in sight when the wreck occurs.

So I guess the pickup driver was a bit pissed about the bonehead move the Camaro put on him as well as the moron in the lead car putting him into such a predicament.

The Camaro driver was DUI to add to things.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #22
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
This sums it all up:

https://youtu.be/Q1lgJ7G2KaY
Old 08-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #23
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Watching those crashes is like my "scared straight" video... I drive like my mom for days after... However, those are so many more mustang crashes versus camaros...

joe...
Old 08-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #24
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb66 View Post
So what do you call it when someone tries to pass someone on the shoulder of a passing lane on a busy 4 lane highway and someone that is trying to race in traffic endangering the lives of everyone else on those roads at the time?
Just pointing out that they aren't taking out crowds of people at car shows as many mustangs have. Not saying that Camaro drivers don't have their fair share of idiots.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #25
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
This sums it all up:
Old 08-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #26
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
Just pointing out that they aren't taking out crowds of people at car shows as many mustangs have. Not saying that Camaro drivers don't have their fair share of idiots.
I think all the drivers of these Camaros were former Mustang owners that got tired of running people over. Just goes to show that you can take the driver out of the Mustang, but you can't take the Mustang out of the driver.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:13 PM   #27
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Ehhh not even on the same level as the Mustang crashes I see, fail article.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:17 PM   #28
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:

This one has been discussed before . The Ass was drunk on the NYS Thruway. The were probably going about ( speed limit is 65) 70 to 75 mph when the idiot tried to pass them on the shoulder .