Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #211
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I love the idea Mustang stepped up their game. Competition is good! How is it Ford gets the 10 speed transmission in numbers to support their demand while GM isn't or can't?
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #212
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
The price increased arent out of line. Plus the Camaro is up for an MCE for MY19, which as we all know will carry its own price increses.

However, its relatively easy to mitigate those increases with the easy access to Ford's X-plan and others if you qualify (A, D, Z, etc) and GM has their equavalents, I'm sure.

The lowest discounting Plan com Ford, X, is something like 5% savings off MSRP. I'm sure GM has something similar. That would make the starting point for GT $33,340. Plus most of us know how to haggle a dealer.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #213
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The price increased arent out of line. Plus the Camaro is up for an MCE for MY19, which as we all know will carry its own price increses.

However, its relatively easy to mitigate those increases with the easy access to Ford's X-plan and others if you qualify (A, D, Z, etc) and GM has their equavalents, I'm sure.

The lowest discounting Plan com Ford, X, is something like 5% savings off MSRP. I'm sure GM has something similar. That would make the starting point for GT $33,340. Plus most of us know how to haggle a dealer.
Most cars don't have huge price increase for mid cycle refresh. I don't see GM doing anything besides updating the front and rear anyway.

Also, that's not mitigating an increase. I could have used X plan the previous years as well, which would pretty much net me the same discount.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #214
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I love the idea Mustang stepped up their game. Competition is good! How is it Ford gets the 10 speed transmission in numbers to support their demand while GM isn't or can't?
I think it is a question of investing and cut the costs the 10 speed is developed by Ford with GM together but Ford got the lead.
It is the same with the chassis or modules serveral cars sharing. Some do it better than others.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #215
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Probably has to do with GM has lots of vehicles they need to get the 10 speed in that are currently using the 8 speed. They are likely scaling up and making changes to those models to accept the new A10. But as far as I know, Ford has only plans to use it in the F150s and Mustangs. That could be why right there. I guarantee the bean counters want to squeeze as much life out of the 8L90s before they are completely replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Most cars don't have huge price increase for mid cycle refresh. I don't see GM doing anything besides updating the front and rear anyway.
The A10 will almost assuredly be a part of that. Eight new models will have it in GM for next year.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #216
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Probably has to do with GM has lots of vehicles they need to get the 10 speed in that are currently using the 8 speed. They are likely scaling up and making changes to those models to accept the new A10. But as far as I know, Ford has only plans to use it in the F150s and Mustangs. That could be why right there. I guarantee the bean counters want to squeeze as much life out of the 8L90s before they are completely replaced.

The A10 will almost assuredly be a part of that. Eight new models will have it in GM for next year.
I would have to agree its a bean counter decision. Isn't the A8 still relatively new and in some cases really new to certain vehicles.

The Ford's needed the A10 much more than the GM vehicles.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #217
Promax65

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Camaro
I bought the Camaro because of its looks . I guess your comment was just your own opinion ( that nobody but yourself gives a shit about )
Promax65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #218
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
I think it is a question of investing and cut the costs the 10 speed is developed by Ford with GM together but Ford got the lead.
??? I believe the ZL1 was the first vehicle in production with the joint 10-speed transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would have to agree its a bean counter decision. Isn't the A8 still relatively new and in some cases really new to certain vehicles.

The Ford's needed the A10 much more than the GM vehicles.
^ x 1,000

GM had the 8-speed for several years now. Moving from A8 to A10 offers slight advantage. FoMoCo moving from A6 to A10 will offer more substantial advantage.

Everybody wins. Barring any unforeseen technical/build quality issues with the A10.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #219
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
??? I believe the ZL1 was the first vehicle in production with the joint 10-speed transmission.

^ x 1,000

GM had the 8-speed for several years now. Moving from A8 to A10 offers slight advantage. FoMoCo moving from A6 to A10 will offer more substantial advantage.

Everybody wins. Barring any unforeseen technical/build quality issues with the A10.
I can't remember if it was the ZL1 or Raptor that came out first with the A10. Either way, this move benefits both GM and Ford.

and this must be bizarro world MEDISIN and I are agreeing
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #220
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Probably has to do with GM has lots of vehicles they need to get the 10 speed in that are currently using the 8 speed. They are likely scaling up and making changes to those models to accept the new A10. But as far as I know, Ford has only plans to use it in the F150s and Mustangs. That could be why right there. I guarantee the bean counters want to squeeze as much life out of the 8L90s before they are completely replaced
I don't see the a8 being completely replaced, at least in the truck line. I see it replacing the a6 with the a10 being an option, like it is now with the a6/a8.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #221
jonny5cam

Drives: IOM SS/RS LS3/6sp. man.
The Alpha Chassis more than makes up for 5 hp. Oh, and the fomoco is still 30 down on tq.
jonny5cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #222
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
good car finally they try to catch up with the camaro
but the problem is the pricing for it
GTPP will cost even more than 1LE with less performance OVER $50 VS 1LE $45

so i just we will witness a boost in sales for GM
Hmm. I just priced out an A10 GT PP for a friend @ $41,585. How do we know less performance yet? LOL
Old 07-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #223
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
The Raptor's A10 is not identical to the ZL1's A10.. Raptor is a 10R80 and ZL1 is a 10R90.. So, there's a difference in TQ rating and the ratios are slightly different and I believe the TCM is also programmed with different algos than GM.

Also, those of you with A10 ZL1s.. Have fun at your local auto parts store.. I've already had to have "the talk" with a couple about how I'm not wrong, yes I know this is a Ford designation, here, let me tell you a little story about two giants.

BTW..... For those of you that local source your ATF.. Be aware of their inventory.. Some locals tried to sell me Mercon LV when I was originally looking for the ACDelco ULV... because "that's what the computer says you need"...
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #224
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5cam View Post
The Alpha Chassis more than makes up for 5 hp. Oh, and the fomoco is still 30 down on tq.
I would love to see the torque curves of both engines together on the same graph so we can see the rpms as well.