Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #1
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Center brace bolt hole is gacked

This might seem like an odd question but does anyone know how to replace the threaded blocks or pieces for the tunnel center brace? One of mine has gotten messed up and wont let the bolt go all the way in. Tried finding parts on a few GM sites and haven’t found anything.

Short of ramming the bolt in there does anyone have a suggestion?? Would like to put the brace back in if I can
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
you could try running a tap thru it...do you know how it got damaged?

Good luck!

PEACE
Old 03-19-2021, 11:08 AM   #3
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
you could try running a tap thru it...do you know how it got damaged?

Good luck!

PEACE
I’ll give it a shot, thanks! I think it got gacked by putting the bolt in at an odd angle and probably chewed the piece up. It goes in halfway and then stops basically lol

Thinking about using a bigger rivnut but not sure what the diameter of the hole is. Will be checking it out later tonight
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote