Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #29
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
And I'm going to sign it under.

In my opinion, a big tailback on a hot summer day is suffice
You will slowly travel for a few hours until the clutch stops working.

And then it's time to say Yeah!!! I saved $ 80
Been in traffic plenty and I never felt the clutch start to act funny.

Will you feel a difference after hot lapping at the track? Yes.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #30
xc_SS/RS

10k mile update: I don't even notice it anymore lol

Still enjoying the lighter flywheel. I do recommend installing the updated clutch pedal assembly from a ZL1. It comes with a real return spring that helps avoid the hanging pedal.

10/10 would do again, only lighter next time!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 02-22-2022, 09:21 AM   #31
xc_SS/RS

Just to close this one out:

I put about 65-70k miles on this set up and it developed a decent bit of vibration between 2-3k rpms so i think for anyone wanting to try this out i would limit it to 50k miles. I dont think the flywheel can handle more mileage than that.

Decent clutch and flywheel option though if you want to reduce some weight.

I am not convinced you need the bearing support. Pretty sure thats a waste unless you’re serious about drag racing and putting a ton of heat in the clutch.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #32
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Thanks for the followup. What are you going to go with now?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #33
xc_SS/RS

Summit Twin With organic discs. Miles better than both prior clutches but the pedal effort has gone up. Nothing crazy but it will need some getting used to
Old 02-23-2022, 12:50 PM   #34
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Just to close this one out:

I put about 65-70k miles on this set up and it developed a decent bit of vibration between 2-3k rpms so i think for anyone wanting to try this out i would limit it to 50k miles. I dont think the flywheel can handle more mileage than that.

Decent clutch and flywheel option though if you want to reduce some weight.

I am not convinced you need the bearing support. Pretty sure thats a waste unless you’re serious about drag racing and putting a ton of heat in the clutch.

"I am not convinced you need the bearing support. Pretty sure thats a waste unless you’re serious about drag racing and putting a ton of heat in the clutch."

My friend's acquaintance...

One invitation to an all-day trackday on the circuit was enough and the support collapsed after warming up.
I gave him mine what I took out of my bearing so he could sell the car in a rage.

Name:  WP_20170601_012.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  211.3 KB

He never raced with it and didn't even want to race.
He was just learning to drive his car safely under the supervision of a racing school instructor.

He now has a 911 Turbo.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.

Last edited by George-CZ; 02-23-2022 at 01:28 PM.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:17 PM   #35
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post

"I am not convinced you need the bearing support. Pretty sure thats a waste unless you’re serious about drag racing and putting a ton of heat in the clutch."

My friend's acquaintance...

One invitation to an all-day trackday on the circuit was enough and the support collapsed after warming up.
I gave him mine what I took out of my bearing so he could sell the car in a rage.

Attachment 1092685

He never raced with it and didn't even want to race.
He was just learning to drive his car safely under the supervision of a racing school instructor.

He now has a 911 Turbo.
Cool story, but it sounds like your buddy is more of an automatic guy.

Also, you completely missed the last sentence of my post. Go back and read it again because i think you’ll realize i agree with you for track use. Noob.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:46 PM   #36
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Cool story, but it sounds like your buddy is more of an automatic guy.

Also, you completely missed the last sentence of my post. Go back and read it again because i think you’ll realize i agree with you for track use. Noob.
Of course I read it to the end.
And I certainly don't mean it badly or sarcastically

I don't know the boy very well. I only talked to him a few times and he was on a ride with us a few times. But as far as I know, he always had beautiful cars and always preferred manuals.
And it didn't seem to me that he couldn't handle the clutch.
In addition, he had an instructor next to him.

He had a Camaro as a joy car.
He never raced with him - basically he just went on a circuit with him for one day after the boys invited him.
And it's just sad not to be able to use a sports car on a sports track, because the clutch bearing support can be damaged.

You can break the car, burn the brakes, burn the clutch plate, rip the tires, boil brake fluid. But this thing just can't break when I'm going fast ... simply put.

The bearing is heating up and therefore I think it should be on a heat-resistant base. That is all.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote