Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-02-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
1le4me

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Exclamation fuel system advice needed please

hey everyone, I'm getting ready to purchase a fuel system. My setup is a d1x procharger and cenrti cam. I'm pretty set on fore innovations dual pump with -8 feed and return. my question is do I get the system with the fuel rails routed in series and the regulator after the rails? Or do I get the system with the fuel rails routed in parallel and the regulator before the rails? Also wondering if I should get the FC2 or FC3 controller. Any advice from someone with experience is greatly appreciated,
1le4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
hou30guy

Drives: 2011 convertible 2ss/rs
Agp fore duel 450 kit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hou30guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
What he said.

We do the regulator before the rails and a few other little tricks to majorly cut down on the cluttered fuel lines running everywhere.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:05 AM   #4
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Why do people do the regulator after the fuel rails like this then?????
Attached Images

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
AGP Turbo

Old fashion thinking. LOL

That design has merit theoretically and if your lines or rails were not big enough it would be necessary. Like you can't flow all of the fuel needed through one rail type thing, then you have to put a line to each rail, etc. That's just never actually the case in these cars, all the aftermarket rails have HUGE passages and -8 line at pressure can feed an unreal amount of fuel. As the years go on that old wives tale keeps getting disproved to higher and higher power levels. Not long ago people were sure you'd need -10 AN feed line for cars over 1000whp. LOL. We all know stock fuel line will support that now. Monkey see, monkey do, in the world of car hacks. Mythbusting is my favorite.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
1le4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
What he said.

We do the regulator before the rails and a few other little tricks to majorly cut down on the cluttered fuel lines running everywhere.
I just checked out your dual pump setup, think it's much better for my goals. If I get the billet fuel rails do I need an aftermarket intake manifold?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #7
Luvdamud

Drives: 2010 SS
1LE, I used my stock rails and my fab guy tigged -10 fittings on them. I go pump -> filter -> regulator -> rails. I did -10 feed and -8 return with twin TI pumps. I like the look of the aftermarket rails but I didn't like the cost.
Luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #8
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le4me View Post
I just checked out your dual pump setup, think it's much better for my goals. If I get the billet fuel rails do I need an aftermarket intake manifold?
Yes, the rails are made for stock LS3 intake manifold.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:58 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Why do people do the regulator after the fuel rails like this then?????
Because this is the correct way to do a fuel system.

We have seen high powered engine failures when a fuel system was not designed properly by starving 1 or more injectors.

There are lots of dynamics happening in the fuel rail, multiple pressure waves as the injectors open and close, fuel being consumed before it gets to the last injector in line etc.

This way above, every injector is guaranteed the same opportunity to deliver the same amount of fuel.

Just because someone is getting away with something doesn't make it right or the new way of doing things.

An EGT sensor at every exhaust port will dispel any so called mythbusting.

We needed -10 lines when we were running 7 PSI of fuel pressure on carbureted 1000 HP combinations, as pressure goes up so does flow, our current fuel systems are operating on 60+ psi if done correctly which allows us to feed nearly a 1000 HP on a -6 line although risky and I wouldn't do it..

You also have to take in to account fitting orifices, and bends both of which can take a -8 system to its knees, the system is only as good as the smallest hole.

45 degree and 90 degree fittings reduces flow vs a straight fitting.

Talk to Fore innovations/Aeromotive/Magnaflow etc directly for real data on fuel systems.

When it comes to fuel systems doing the bare minimum is Russian roulette.

Food for thought.

If you need help designing a fuel system for your car please don't hesitate to call me 203-753-7223
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #10
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le4me View Post
hey everyone, I'm getting ready to purchase a fuel system. My setup is a d1x procharger and cenrti cam. I'm pretty set on fore innovations dual pump with -8 feed and return. my question is do I get the system with the fuel rails routed in series and the regulator after the rails? Or do I get the system with the fuel rails routed in parallel and the regulator before the rails? Also wondering if I should get the FC2 or FC3 controller. Any advice from someone with experience is greatly appreciated,

We recommend the Fore 43-501 dual pump set up with stock rails. Just make sure you select an upgraded pump like the 267s if you want to run E85. Also, I would recommend the FC3 controller and hobs switch. It's all plug and play and easy to use.

If you need injectors we have you covered as well. We always take care of board members.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #11
Busadanny2

Drives: 2011 2 ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Because this is the correct way to do a fuel system.

We have seen high powered engine failures when a fuel system was not designed properly by starving 1 or more injectors.

There are lots of dynamics happening in the fuel rail, multiple pressure waves as the injectors open and close, fuel being consumed before it gets to the last injector in line etc.

This way above, every injector is guaranteed the same opportunity to deliver the same amount of fuel.

Just because someone is getting away with something doesn't make it right or the new way of doing things.

An EGT sensor at every exhaust port will dispel any so called mythbusting.

We needed -10 lines when we were running 7 PSI of fuel pressure on carbureted 1000 HP combinations, as pressure goes up so does flow, our current fuel systems are operating on 60+ psi if done correctly which allows us to feed nearly a 1000 HP on a -6 line although risky and I wouldn't do it..

You also have to take in to account fitting orifices, and bends both of which can take a -8 system to its knees, the system is only as good as the smallest hole.

45 degree and 90 degree fittings reduces flow vs a straight fitting.

Talk to Fore innovations/Aeromotive/Magnaflow etc directly for real data on fuel systems.

When it comes to fuel systems doing the bare minimum is Russian roulette.

Food for thought.

If you need help designing a fuel system for your car please don't hesitate to call me 203-753-7223
This guys knows what he’s talking about☝🏻 My regulator is in the return line and so is my content sensor, exactly what FORE said to do. Have not had any issues.
Busadanny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:33 AM   #12
1le4me

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate it.