Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Gen 6 Spotter Thread

On the VW forum of which I am a member, they have "spotter" threads for different types of vintage VWs. Basically, members post when and where they saw another vintage VW, along with pics, if they were able to take any.

I live in the densely populated south part of the Bay Area. However, I've probably only seen a dozen or so Gen 6 Camaros out on the road or in parking lots since they came out. I thought it would be fun to start a similar thread, since I'm guessing only a small percentage of Gen 6 owners are here on the forum. And for those that are, maybe you can claim your car if someone spots it.

Here's what I remember seeing or have seen recently:
- Over a year ago, Silver Ice Metallic coupe travelling west bound on Hwy 280 during my commute home
- About six months ago, Garnet Red Tintcoat SS coupe going north bound on Bernardo Ave. in Sunnyvale, CA while out running errands
- About a month ago, mid-week in the afternoon, Nightfall Gray Metallic SS Coupe with personalized plates turning right onto Remington Ave. from north bound Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road in Sunnyvale, CA
- I've seen this one twice. Most recently, about two weeks ago, but the first time was a few months ago. Bright Yellow SS coupe with white stripes travelling west bound on Hwy 280 during my commute home
- About a week ago, Black LT Convertible turning left from south bound Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road onto the north bound Hwy 280 on ramp in Cupertino, CA during my commute home
- 04.01.17 at about 9:30AM, Nightfall Gray Metallic SS Coupe travelling south bound on Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road in Cupertino, CA while driving my 1961 VW Bug with ragtop sunroof.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
I guess the Garnet Red Tincoat SS was me.....

I have also often seen a White SS on Agnew road near the Rivermark Plaza Safeway.

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
They have a "Car Spotter" thread in my area as well......... Wasn't even aware of it until a co-worker told me my car was on it! Sure enough, it was posted....
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Seen a white and a yellow SS in Bentonville Arkansas over creeping along. Saw another yellow one in a storefront window, but atlas...
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
MANNAXMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
I guess the Garnet Red Tincoat SS was me.....

I have also often seen a White SS on Agnew road near the Rivermark Plaza Safeway.
The one I saw had just come out of the Safeway parking lot on Bernardo and El Camino Real. It was stopped at the light at El Camino Real. I believe it was a weekend morning. There was an older gentleman in the front passenger seat. I slowly passed on the right in my Summit White vert, as I was making a right turn onto El Camino and gave a hang loose sign to the occupants, as both were looking over as I passed. Was that you?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I'm in CO... I saw a white ZL1 on Peoria St by E470 a few weeks ago around 5:30pm ish... I was in my DD coming from American Furniture Warehouse after looking for a loft bunk bed with desk for my kids.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Central NJ, have seen only two SS's (minus mine) and one LT so far on the streets.

We are the few drivers that stand out in the crowd
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Have seen one nightfall gray RS on Congress Street in Lafayette, LA 2 times around 5:15ishPM.

There is another white SS with red interior that is a member of this board and a black convertible SS that is also a member of this board. I tend to bump into them at Cars and Coffee.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
I see a yellow 1LE on 369 in Forsyth County, GA almost every day... NICE CAR!

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #10
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Being in Detroit, this would get old in a hurry. Between the company assigned vehicles being driven by GM managers and execs, GM test vehicles, and GM employees and family members buying them on discount, I see 5 - 10 a day.

Yesterday on the way to the gym, I looked in my passenger side mirror and saw a Fifty Coupe one lane over and two cars back from my Fifty convertible.

Likewise, Mustangs and Challengers are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. Including a lot of GTs and Hemis and the occasional Hellcat. Probably like how often do you see a Tesla in the Bay Area.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #11
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Just drove from MT to NJ and back. During the entire trip saw a grand total of THREE gen 6's. DID see a Gen 6 on a DIRT road running along I-94 in either MN or ND sending up a big dust cloud. THAT I thought was unusual.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #12
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
The one I saw had just come out of the Safeway parking lot on Bernardo and El Camino Real. It was stopped at the light at El Camino Real. I believe it was a weekend morning. There was an older gentleman in the front passenger seat. I slowly passed on the right in my Summit White vert, as I was making a right turn onto El Camino and gave a hang loose sign to the occupants, as both were looking over as I passed. Was that you?
Nope that was not me......Hope to see you some day on the road.

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
MANNAXMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Being in Detroit, this would get old in a hurry. Between the company assigned vehicles being driven by GM managers and execs, GM test vehicles, and GM employees and family members buying them on discount, I see 5 - 10 a day.

Yesterday on the way to the gym, I looked in my passenger side mirror and saw a Fifty Coupe one lane over and two cars back from my Fifty convertible.

Likewise, Mustangs and Challengers are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. Including a lot of GTs and Hemis and the occasional Hellcat. Probably like how often do you see a Tesla in the Bay Area.
Interestingly, even though Camaro sales outpaces Challenger sales overall, I see far more Challengers than I do 5th and 6th Gen Camaros combined here in the Bay Area. Mustangs are everywhere here, as well. Teslas are around EVERY corner! Two people at work own Teslas, and I work at a very small company.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:36 PM   #14
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
I don't see too many verts but I see them a few times week out here in So.Cal.. I have a friend with an identical Black vert and another friend with a Nighfall Grey Coupe.