Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #15
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Congrats! I got the same color 2020

Keep in mind the steering effort can be adjusted. Ditto exhaust mode. It does sound different and better in Track vs Tour. The steering effort is also quite different due to less assist in the former - if you prefer it.
You may also wish to check out my sticky on PTM modes. Just read the first post, as it has it all.
Regarding break in period: 1500 miles is needed for the ELSD. That's important. Suggest new diff fluid after the break in.

PS I had driven a friend's GT350 and stretched its legs in the twisties in Arizona.
Clearly a special Stang, but *way* overpriced. Not nearly as well balanced as the 1LE. The seats were ok but not as good either. The clutch engagement sucked. The shifter was nice. And unless on a track, not nearly as much usable power, either. The exhaust note is nice, but after a while it gets a bit old and over the top imo.
My friend's car used ridiculous amount of oil, which clearly was an issue. He didnt care as it was a 2 year lease. Somebody will inherit a problem here. Another (track) friend's car puked oil twice while on track. Something to do with seals apparently.

PSS it took all of a 15min test drive for me to buy my first 17 1LE. The car is superbly capable right out of the box, with alignment and proper brake fluid. Also, easy to push in capable hands and can embarrass many exotics.
Thanks for the feedback, I had PTM in my 16 C7/Z51 and am familar with it, but to your point I have not tried out the settings yet in the SS1LE. I will be sure to do that today

My GT350 had the newer cannister style oil filter which resolves the issues on most 16-17s where people or techs did not torque them properly and the FPC engine on the 350s has so much movement/vibration at higher RPM's the canister would leak!

My GT350 was solid, no oil issues nothing really wrong with it. But there is no question the Voodoo is a high maintenance engine and they definitely have a higher failure rate than the LT1. I would never mod a Voodoo that is under warranty because an engine replacement costs being so high.

Very happy to be in the SS1LE.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #16
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Congrats on your new ride
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2020, 12:27 PM   #17
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I had PTM in my 16 C7/Z51 and am familar with it, but to your point I have not tried out the settings yet in the SS1LE. I will be sure to do that today
Definitely, once you cycle out of tour exhaust and into Sport and Track, it will sound much better. Congratulations on the new ride!
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #18
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
Definitely, once you cycle out of tour exhaust and into Sport and Track, it will sound much better. Congratulations on the new ride!
Oh I never drive in Tour. Default is Sport My Corvette never saw tour mode in my entire time of ownership
Old 08-26-2020, 05:45 PM   #19
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Come down to PA.
Our roads will teach you what tour mode is for, and you won't soon forget.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:59 PM   #20
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Tour is nice for some long stretches of highway that aren't very well-paved.

Otherwise, I stick to Sport mode.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #21
Thill444

Wow, I drove the car in Track/PTM/Sport 1. Really big difference. Moreso than my Corvette. This may be my new go to setting.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:20 AM   #22
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Congrats on your new SS1LE ride

I would post my review for some one else looking for a change of ride:

When I was shopping around for a car to replace my loved 5th.gen Camaro ZL1, I test drove the Shelby GT350, from outside without the stripes the car looked very similar to any Mustang GT. The high RPM and marvelous exhaust sound were very addictive, but I didn't want to paid the high markup for those cars, instead I went and bought a C7 Corvette Stingray Z51. Comparing my Camaros and my Corvette to the Shelby, I didn't felt I missed something, both of my chevy cars felt quicker on the street from a standing stop, the Shelby felt catatonic below 4000 RPM for street driving. Only the higher sweet exhaust noise was the big difference on the Shelby.

Update: Now I'm driving a '16 Camaro SS2 MT. Love the car. The first thing that I noticed on going from a Corvette C7 Z51 to my Camaro was that if I did a sudden change of lanes or on a curve, the Camaro felt heavier on the back, not as quick compared to my previous Stingray. Now I don't noticed it, I'm already used to my Camaro.

For some reason that I can't explain, the reliability of both my 5th gen Camaro ZL1 & my 6th gen Camaro SS has been way better compared to my Corvette which was a shop nightmare, very unreliable and not dependable (even that the Corvette & Camaro have the same LT1 engine). That's why I let go of that beautiful amazing ride.
Attached Images

'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 08-27-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:45 AM   #23
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post

For some reason that I can't explain, the reliability of both my 5th gen Camaro ZL1 & my 6th gen Camaro SS has been way better compared to my Corvette which was a shop nightmare, very unreliable and not dependable (even that the Corvette & Camaro have the same LT1 engine). That's why I let go of that beautiful amazing ride.
Completely off topic, but I can't help but notice the developer in that area shamelessly slapped modern, rectangular front ends on traditional shaped homes.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:23 AM   #24
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Wow, I drove the car in Track/PTM/Sport 1. Really big difference. Moreso than my Corvette. This may be my new go to setting.
Yay!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #25
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Congrats on the purchase. I actually spoke with you on Facebook about this decision to some extent (page post asking this same question). I'm the one who had the 2018 SS 1LE and test drove ZL1's, etc. I'm glad you like the car and I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more after you break it in.

I will say, however, that there's simply no matching the Voodoo's exhaust tone/note. Best you can do is find a nice, mature setup and not something unruly and obnoxious. But that will come in time. Congrats again.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #26
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Congrats on the purchase. I actually spoke with you on Facebook about this decision to some extent (page post asking this same question). I'm the one who had the 2018 SS 1LE and test drove ZL1's, etc. I'm glad you like the car and I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more after you break it in.

I will say, however, that there's simply no matching the Voodoo's exhaust tone/note. Best you can do is find a nice, mature setup and not something unruly and obnoxious. But that will come in time. Congrats again.

Hey great talking to you again. Yes, Voodoo is the best sounding car I have ever driven. But there are pros and cons to every car and it's not like I went form the Voodoo to a 4 cylinder

I have been researching exhaust and I want to keep NPP. I have a small neighborhood and really kind neighbors with one who is a surgeon and works and sleeps odd hours. The nice thing about the GT350 was in normal mode it was not bad at all and I could start and drive the car without being crazy annoying. I want the same with the SS1LE. Loud when I get on it but still able to use NPP to keep it quiet if needed.

Would love feedback, it seems there are several axleback options, but I was thinking about just adding an X or H Pipe to the existing stock exhaust. I did an Xpipe on my C7 and really liked it (car had NPP). The Camaro seems quieter than my C7 in stock form but I am still breaking it in.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #27
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Quote:
Hey great talking to you again. Yes, Voodoo is the best sounding car I have ever driven. But there are pros and cons to every car and it's not like I went form the Voodoo to a 4 cylinder

I have been researching exhaust and I want to keep NPP. I have a small neighborhood and really kind neighbors with one who is a surgeon and works and sleeps odd hours. The nice thing about the GT350 was in normal mode it was not bad at all and I could start and drive the car without being crazy annoying. I want the same with the SS1LE. Loud when I get on it but still able to use NPP to keep it quiet if needed.

Would love feedback, it seems there are several axleback options, but I was thinking about just adding an X or H Pipe to the existing stock exhaust. I did an Xpipe on my C7 and really liked it (car had NPP). The Camaro seems quieter than my C7 in stock form but I am still breaking it in.

Did your RPMs torque changed when you switched from H to X pipe? With or without cats? How much did it cost you? Do you record the sound?
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 08-27-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #28
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:

Id say it is quieter than a C7 when DDing, but it really wakes up under WOT! And wait till you use no lift shifting ...But, do break her in properly first!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote