Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Do you have any shifting issues on your SS 1LE transmission?
Yes 50 25.51%
No issues 146 74.49%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #29
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
The only issue I've noticed with the TR-6060 that I've heard it also apparent in the Corvette's TR-6070 is the 2nd gear false neutral when the transmission is cold. Sometimes it feels like there are a couple notches you have to fight through in order to get into 2nd gear or it will pop back to neutral when you let the clutch out. Only happens for the first couple miles when the car is cold though.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #30
Th3Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
He even tried to sell me some rotors off of a Z06 for $400 which isn't a bad deal. He said they're practically brand new. Might even do it. We'll see. Any thoughts on the rotors?
My thoughts on the rotors are that $400 is a pretty good deal seeing that the DBA replacement rings are about $640. You can't use the hat though from the Corvette, so you'll have to unbolt the rotor from the hat to use on your Camaro ones.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:16 AM   #31
Smashn808

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
This happens to me on track as well occasionally and I know happens to at least 2 other members on here (1LE and Zl1). It will feel like im fighting through a rubber bushing to get it into third. Only hard driving at or near redline.
I have the same exact issue. It only happens sometimes though.

Past:
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 6-speed manual
2008 Corvette Jet Steam Blue, manual
2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Stealth Gray
2003 Corvette Z06, Black
Smashn808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #32
MrAl

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Mine is notchy when it's cold especially on the first to second shift, but great when it's warmed up.

I just finished break-in and it's getting smoother.

Mr Al
MrAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #33
Arsentic

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I had to have my 1LE serviced because of a hard shift into reverse. Apparently it was because of leftover factory residue? After that sometimes my cars shifts beautifully(any gear) and I don't even feel it, sometimes I feel a little.... what do you call it.. just resistance I guess. I can hear the gears move as shift. It just doesn't seem right. I don't get why sometimes it just shifts perfect, and others it doesn't feel smooth. Maybe its just me.
Arsentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #34
5senna5

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Royal Purple Synchromax fixed my horrible cold shifting. Zero issues now
5senna5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #35
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I studied viscosities and reviews of synthetic trans fluid for the TR6060 for a while.

Ended up putting it off and just replaced the tranny fluid with Valvoline Maxlife because it was $16/gal and available at my local Autozone. Viscosity is lower than the other Dexron III options.

Drained and filled according to the attached procedure, no need to drain from the awkward position by the brace.

Cold shifts feel smoother now and the fluid warms up faster.

Datasheets for the synthetic trans fluids:

http://content.valvoline.com/pdf/maxlife_atf.pdf
http://www.mekaconsul.com/pdf/Multi_ATF_(GB).pdf
http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g1966.pdf
http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/w...Synchromax.pdf
http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=51&pcid=9
Attached Images
File Type: pdf manual trans flush.pdf (152.9 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by WhyUMad1LE; 08-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:43 PM   #36
irocnroll85

Drives: 85+87 Iroc-Z, 01 SS, Soon 1LE
Bringing this back into conversation....... went to shift from 4th to 5th today at WOT and ended up in reverse. Caught it on pdr as well. No damage noticed.....yet.
irocnroll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #37
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll85 View Post
Bringing this back into conversation....... went to shift from 4th to 5th today at WOT and ended up in reverse. Caught it on pdr as well. No damage noticed.....yet.
JESUS!!! That could've been nasty! Do you have a skip shift eliminator of some sort installed? I just ran a track night where I was constantly grabbing 5th gear at 130+ mph, it was an akward feeling. I was really afraid of grabbing 3rd so I would put much more force than was necessary pushing it to the right to avoid 3rd and it felt like I was solid up against a reverse lockout feature. Never once did the stick attempt to go into reverse.

If you have a skip shift eliminator installed I could see that essentially overriding the lock out feature on any gear at any time. So it could also be unlocking reverse at any speed as well as the desired unlocking of 2nd gear.

Also on the trans fluid topic all of you guys who are switching to thinner viscosity to improve cold shifting feel need to keep in mind that you are greatly reducing the thermal capacity of the trans. I'm sure its fine on the street but some of you might start running into trans temp or wear issues on track or with spirited driving. Specifically you Royal Purple guys. If by chance you have a trans issue and take it in for warranty repair, guess whats going to happen with they find purple fluid in the car. Warrany void!

I would tread lightly if I were you guys! I understand the trans might feel a little notchy in the mornings and that skip shift can be annoying at times, but I wouldn't second guess the engineers who design this stuff for a living. Every time you make a modification to sort out what you think is an issue you need to ask yourself "Will my 'fix' have any negative effect on the car"?
Old 09-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #38
Yanbags

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Forgot about this thread...

I actually ran into shifting issues at Watkins Glen last weekend. Only in one session out of two days on the track, about 15-20mins in, I was not able to no lift shift from 3 to 4. It just literally would not go into gear. Had to double clutch and then it went in normally. Was a head scratcher but I didn't run into the problem again :( Chalking it up to gremlins for now..
Yanbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #39
Dfelux

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hms2488485 View Post
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I've noticed when I have Rev Match on, when I go from 1st to 2nd, it revs up to the point when I let off the clutch, it throws the car forward, like it's trying to rev match when upshifting. It's weird but it's also when I've normal driving and not driving hard
Have this on my 2SS...if y'all find a fix or workaround for it please let me know. So annoying to me that I don't even use rev match and would love to
Dfelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #40
irocnroll85

Drives: 85+87 Iroc-Z, 01 SS, Soon 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
JESUS!!! That could've been nasty! Do you have a skip shift eliminator of some sort installed? I just ran a track night where I was constantly grabbing 5th gear at 130+ mph, it was an akward feeling. I was really afraid of grabbing 3rd so I would put much more force than was necessary pushing it to the right to avoid 3rd and it felt like I was solid up against a reverse lockout feature. Never once did the stick attempt to go into reverse.

If you have a skip shift eliminator installed I could see that essentially overriding the lock out feature on any gear at any time. So it could also be unlocking reverse at any speed as well as the desired unlocking of 2nd gear.

Also on the trans fluid topic all of you guys who are switching to thinner viscosity to improve cold shifting feel need to keep in mind that you are greatly reducing the thermal capacity of the trans. I'm sure its fine on the street but some of you might start running into trans temp or wear issues on track or with spirited driving. Specifically you Royal Purple guys. If by chance you have a trans issue and take it in for warranty repair, guess whats going to happen with they find purple fluid in the car. Warrany void!

I would tread lightly if I were you guys! I understand the trans might feel a little notchy in the mornings and that skip shift can be annoying at times, but I wouldn't second guess the engineers who design this stuff for a living. Every time you make a modification to sort out what you think is an issue you need to ask yourself "Will my 'fix' have any negative effect on the car"?

No skip shift eliminator. Car is bone stock. After the fact ive found if you shift hard enough into 5th you can hit reverse. Maybe my reverse solenoid is weak. I never had this issue on my ls1 car.

irocnroll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #41
Sleeks

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfelux View Post
Have this on my 2SS...if y'all find a fix or workaround for it please let me know. So annoying to me that I don't even use rev match and would love to
If you are slow to shift from 1st to 2nd after putting in the clutch, the car thinks you are going to let the clutch out and keep it in first so it is rev matching to 1st gear.

Either shift faster or take your time letting the clutch out once you put it in second to let the revs come down.

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #42
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll85 View Post
No skip shift eliminator. Car is bone stock. After the fact ive found if you shift hard enough into 5th you can hit reverse. Maybe my reverse solenoid is weak. I never had this issue on my ls1 car.

So, ... what exactly happened when you went into reverse?
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote