#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #29
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
True. But nothing's like a good road course...it makes the twisty backroads seem like nothing more than a "taste of heaven".

HPDE's (High Performance Driving Event) are addicting.

Yes.... Yes they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 PM   #30
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonut View Post
Interesting responses.

From what it seems, looks like the cool factor and taking the tight turn here and there are the only reasons to get the 1LE if you're not tracking or autocrossing. If we're talking about the cool factor, they will sell some of the 1LE parts on the side. But putting things aside, I would take a 1SS 1LE over the 2SS just due to uniqueness.

With that all said, doesn't seem like there's much reason to get the V6 1LE. It would make more sense if they had the Turbo 4 1LE since it has that feel over the V6. But yet again, it wouldn't feel right to exclude the V6 as the middle child.
I toyed with the Shelby version of the V6 a few years ago and with the supercharger according to Shelby was a better overall package vs the 5.0.

http://v6mustangperformance.com/wp-c...in-motion1.jpg

Anyway, I think a supercharged V6 1LE would be an absolute blast to drive both street and track. Very similar in conception to the supercharged Shelby V6. Very unique too.

GM markets the T4 as the low model, while Ford markets the T4 as the midrange model. It is an interesting comparison.

BTW I was at Mighty Fine and I come out this was like 1.5 years ago and there is a factory T4 Mustang with OEM plates parked next to the Type R. I start talking to the guy and he was a Honda engineer and was working now for Ford. So I had a chance to go over the Mustang and he spent a lot of time talking about the Type R. I'm really on the last B engine I will ever build and progress has led to 2.1 liters with 275 HP at 9200 normally aspirated stupid money spent, but hey I learned a lot. I done with the B18C5.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 02-12-2016 at 12:48 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Interesting responses.

From what it seems, looks like the cool factor and taking the tight turn here and there are the only reasons to get the 1LE if you're not tracking or autocrossing. If we're talking about the cool factor, they will sell some of the 1LE parts on the side. But putting things aside, I would take a 1SS 1LE over the 2SS just due to uniqueness.

With that all said, doesn't seem like there's much reason to get the V6 1LE. It would make more sense if they had the Turbo 4 1LE since it has that feel over the V6. But yet again, it wouldn't feel right to exclude the V6 as the middle child.
It sounds like there may be some sort of a track package or performance improvement for T4 buyers in the future.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #32
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
1le is very appealing to me and I doubt I would track it. If you could get the 1le rear spoiler, wheels/tires, seats, HUD and brakes in a 1ss for less I would go that route. Especially if it could be had with a a8.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #33
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
The M6 is such a handful I'm really surprised that the A8 was not an option. It could be a heat issue, just speculation so don't beat me up. The A8 is better in everyway, outside of something that is unknown to us I can't figure out why no A8. I'll still take the slower handful M6 but IMO an A8 is the only way to go for street, 1/4 and autoX, open road race I can see an M6.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #34
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The A8 is better in everyway,
I 100% disagree. I tried an automatic performance car last time around. It bored me..

Quote:
an A8 is the only way to go for street, 1/4 and autoX, open road race I can see an M6.
Only way to go for the street? How do you figure, unless you have knee problems or can't drive a manual, a manual is much more fun in a car like this...

I drag race and autocross. The auto is surely more consistent for drag racing, but unless you are bracket racing, who cares about that? The LT1's are only a tenth or two different. It's much more fun shifting then doing nothing. I learned this after selling my manual coyote for an automatic coyote. For autocross the manual is a huge advantage. Most autocross tracks are small and tight, you may only use one or two gears. With a manual you have 100% control of that. An automatic can very easily upshift or downshift when you don't want it to, and the manual mode via the paddles is terrible, as it has close to a second delay.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #35
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
The M6 is such a handful I'm really surprised that the A8 was not an option. It could be a heat issue, just speculation so don't beat me up. The A8 is better in everyway, outside of something that is unknown to us I can't figure out why no A8. I'll still take the slower handful M6 but IMO an A8 is the only way to go for street, 1/4 and autoX, open road race I can see an M6.
Im guessing eLSD in 2.XX R&P gears would have been fairly pricey
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #36
bigdonut

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
It sounds like there may be some sort of a track package or performance improvement for T4 buyers in the future.
I wonder when it will come along...
bigdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #37
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
Cause the road to Target looks a lot like a track if you use your imagination.

(JK)

1). Open google maps

2). Click Calgary to Vancouver

I do that route thru the Rocky Mountains in 8 hours and 15 min, with one included 10 min fuel/ piss stop.

I didn't see any Targets on the way, bro.

Last edited by aa406079; 02-12-2016 at 03:03 PM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #38
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
I know it's a money issue, but I'm curious as to why some people would get a 1LE if they're not going to track it. I understand it has the cool factor but it defeats the purpose of buying the package if one will not track it. The 1LE is begging to be tracked as it's a track-focused car. My question is, why bother getting the 1LE if you're never or seldom going to track the car? Just looking for different viewpoints.
Best bang for the buck.
Could give 2 $h!ts less about the gimmicky light show in the 2ss
1SS with leather and HUD.
I know how to adjust my mirrors so don't need the added safety crap of the 2SS.
Wheels, tires, brakes better than 2SS
Better Suspension than 2SS

OP: If you have or are planning on buying a V8 then why when why did you buy it when you will never use all the power of the V8. The V8 is built to go fast not be a grocery getter.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
OP: If you have or are planning on buying a V8 then why when why did you buy it when you will never use all the power of the V8. The V8 is built to go fast not be a grocery getter.
And yet....It makes such a good one...so I don't understand why people say that.

Name:  IMG_3854.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  187.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3855.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  190.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2072.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  227.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2073.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  141.2 KB

Old 02-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #40
DannyB

Drives: Impala
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #41
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
And yet....It makes such a good one...so I don't understand why people say that.

Attachment 774174

Attachment 774175

Attachment 774176

Attachment 774177

That is in my future >.<
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:20 AM   #42
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
People get a 1LE for talking points when they sit at Cars and Coffee with a little plaque showing the car's factory specs.

But yeah, as was said early in this thread, it's the same reason the people by the SS. The Camaro is an eccentric car for the slightly immature adult, and we will gladly upgrade our cars even if it isn't absolutely needed. That's why I think GM will give in and allow a 2SS 1LE. Enough people will want to max out their cars without being serious about tracking it. The market will create a business case for it to exist.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote