Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #29
El Chorizo

Drives: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Hi El Chorizo...thanks...I should have been more specific with my question (I'm familiar with how power shifting works--I actually started this thread!). What I found interesting was your information about how "The stock ECU will pull TPS by default so you can "powershift" safely."

How do you know this...is it documented in the manual or other GM offerings? Not doubting you...I just like to have the source, so when I tell my LS3 driver friends, they will feel confident that they have factual information.

Ahh sorry about that.

I've verified this by logging my runs at the track in HP Tuners and then reviewing the logs afterwards.

When I run down the track I never lift to shift, so when I reviewed the logs and saw the TPS dip upon every shift I knew the ECU was pulling TPS.

Also, I had noticed that the RPM's never really climbed when I would stab the clutch so that kind of verifies it for me.

Anyone who logs a run should be able to verify this as well by looking at the TPS graph vs MPH and RPM.

As a side note, I'm not sure if this is a "torque management" feature or part of the full/main ECU, still investigating that.
2010 Camaro 2SS, 700RWHP, 667RWTQ @ 9psi - 11.03@124 @ 3600 ft. elevation TVS2300, Ported Stock Heads, Ported TB, Comp Cam, RPS Twin Disk, Kooks 2" LT's, Kooks 3" Catback, Dual ZR1 Fuel Pumps, H&R Springs, Barton STS, Hendrix Axles, BMR Trailing Arms, Snow Methanol Kit, Rotofab CAI.

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2006 Cherokee SRT8.
2014 Mercedes CLA (On Order) / CLA Forum
El Chorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #30
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chorizo View Post
Ahh sorry about that.

I've verified this by logging my runs at the track in HP Tuners and then reviewing the logs afterwards.

When I run down the track I never lift to shift, so when I reviewed the logs and saw the TPS dip upon every shift I knew the ECU was pulling TPS.

Also, I had noticed that the RPM's never really climbed when I would stab the clutch so that kind of verifies it for me.

Anyone who logs a run should be able to verify this as well by looking at the TPS graph vs MPH and RPM.

As a side note, I'm not sure if this is a "torque management" feature or part of the full/main ECU, still investigating that.
Have to watch to because if you hit the rev limiter it will close the throttle as well. Post up a log if you dont mind. I would like to look at one of them.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #31
El Chorizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller8006 View Post
Have to watch to because if you hit the rev limiter it will close the throttle as well. Post up a log if you dont mind. I would like to look at one of them.
Will charge up the laptop I leave in my car and try to have something for you by tomorrow. It is not hitting the rev limiter either, I checked that.

No worries though, I'll get you guys a log
2010 Camaro 2SS, 700RWHP, 667RWTQ @ 9psi - 11.03@124 @ 3600 ft. elevation TVS2300, Ported Stock Heads, Ported TB, Comp Cam, RPS Twin Disk, Kooks 2" LT's, Kooks 3" Catback, Dual ZR1 Fuel Pumps, H&R Springs, Barton STS, Hendrix Axles, BMR Trailing Arms, Snow Methanol Kit, Rotofab CAI.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #32
cmiller8006

Quote:
Will charge up the laptop I leave in my car and try to have something for you by tomorrow. It is not hitting the rev limiter either, I checked that.

No worries though, I'll get you guys a log
Just checking. I was getting throttle closure when I didnt want it, and it ended up being I was hitting the limiter during the shift. But I also have a cobalt.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #33
El Chorizo

Here is a screen capture of the log...

It actually makes it difficult to see whats going on but you can see the TPS drop at each gear change.... what I can tell you is that the throttle was mashed to the floor the entire time so the TPS drop is being done by the ECU.

If it's from touching the rev limiter briefly or due to the clutch being depressed I couldn't say for sure as I'm obviously shifting close to red line. I do have that raised in HP Tuners to 6800.

See attachment.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #34
cmiller8006

Hard to tell on that log. You should raise the rpm's on the scanner so you can see if you get a jump in rpm's when the clutch is depressed.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #35
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Ahh sorry about that.

Hey, no worries, friend. This is really good to know stuff. I appreciate it, and I'm sure others will too.

I don't think there's a better source of information on our 2010 Camaros than right here on Camaro5!

Cheers,

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #36
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
OKAY>>>OKAY>>>OKAY>>>I had to resurrect this thread to see if it is true??? Did the E38 ECM really have the NO LIFT SHIFT feature on the 2010 M6 2SS/RS?????

Can anyone please confirm this?

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote