#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 03-08-2020, 08:57 PM   #71
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Ah but if someone took their non 1LE and matte black wrapped the hood, it would look no different than a 1LE...oh and MMR replicas exist...goes both ways...
1le has a different spoiler and different wheels and tires(as far as looks)
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:46 PM   #72
Nummeister

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
I always had thought the hood wrap threw off the sleek look of my car. Finally pulled the trigger earlier today and removed it. Looks much sleeker without it. I had my front lip and skirts painted in gloss from prior so it flows well with it until I replace the hood with a carbon fiber one. Just never been a fan of vinyl. But on some vehicle it looks sharp especially white, silver and red. It just didn’t look good on the color of my car. :(
Attached Images

Last edited by Nummeister; 10-16-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Nummeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #73
Lorne

Drives: 2019 SS1LE
Like the piano black shine all matching
Attached Images

Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #74
Lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nummeister View Post
I always had thought the hood wrap threw off the sleek look of my car. Finally pulled the trigger earlier today and removed it. Looks much sleeker without it. I had my front lip and skirts painted in gloss from prior so it flows well with it until I replace the hood with a carbon fiber one. Just never been a fan of vinyl. But on some vehicle it looks sharp especially white, silver and red. It just didn’t look good on the color of my car. :(
Did you notice circular like dime size dots on your hood once you removed the wrap?

Mine has at least 6 and it isn’t the paint, almost like spot welds from underneath showing through the paint
Old 10-29-2020, 08:40 PM   #75
Dragon08

Drives: 2020 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
Did you notice circular like dime size dots on your hood once you removed the wrap?

Mine has at least 6 and it isn’t the paint, almost like spot welds from underneath showing through the paint

Hey Lorne, can you show a pic of the spots you are referring to? Are they on the show surface? Or the underside?

The spot welds that hold the front reinforcement to the hood inner panel are visible on the underside of the hood. They look like little bullseyes. There are also rivets that fasten the striker wire plate to the hood inner. Those look like little pencil erasers slugged into the metal. Neither of those are visible on the show surface though, so they would not appear upon wrap removal.
Dragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:58 PM   #76
Lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon08 View Post
Hey Lorne, can you show a pic of the spots you are referring to? Are they on the show surface? Or the underside?

The spot welds that hold the front reinforcement to the hood inner panel are visible on the underside of the hood. They look like little bullseyes. There are also rivets that fasten the striker wire plate to the hood inner. Those look like little pencil erasers slugged into the metal. Neither of those are visible on the show surface though, so they would not appear upon wrap removal.
Just went to see if they were visible in a picture but they aren’t, yes they are on the show side

I opened the hood to test your theory and you are correct, the blemishes line up with the hood liner? Wow
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #77
Nummeister

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne View Post

No mine didn’t show any spots at all. Hood went through ceramic coated process the other day.
Nummeister is offline   Reply With Quote