Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
POS1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Rear axle leaking?

My passenger side axle is leaking somewhere where it’s goes into the diff. There’s is oil or thick grease slung everywhere and it’s covered in it. It doesn’t appear to be coming from the axle seal where it goes into the diff, and it’s doesn’t look like the boot is damaged on the axle , it’s almost more like grease and not oil, is there grease under that boot? I’ve included some pictures, I am going to clean it all off tomorrow and check my diff fluid tomorrow, but can the actual axle it self leak grease or is most likely coming out of the seal where it goes into the diff. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
POS1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Bump.... anybody had this problem? The grease appears to be old but it is slung everywhere, is there anywhere else the axle can leak grease besides the boot ,because the boot appears to be okay? Trying to decide if I need to just go ahead and get new half shafts.