Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-16-2020, 12:07 PM   #1
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
JacFab Ported Intake Manifold for V6 - Any new experiences?

As part of my build, I've been eyeing this piece by JacFab

I found an older thread, but I always like hearing from more than one experience.

A little context... my V6 is bone stock currently. In the next two months, I'm considering this, American Racing headers, and the K&N 63 series CAI.

Thanks!
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #2
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
do it.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:26 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Are you considering a tune as well?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:39 AM   #4
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I don’t have Jacfab’s but I have the older Overkill one and it made a nice difference. Feels better with a more pulling feel in higher RPM’s and the lower RPM’s feel more complete. Not the best review I know lol! I also have a k&n 63 series CAI

Also I don’t think your headers plan is gonna work, what specific headers are you looking at? We don’t have headers that we can change
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #5
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
I don’t have Jacfab’s but I have the older Overkill one and it made a nice difference. Feels better with a more pulling feel in higher RPM’s and the lower RPM’s feel more complete. Not the best review I know lol! I also have a k&n 63 series CAI

Also I don’t think your headers plan is gonna work, what specific headers are you looking at? We don’t have headers that we can change

Sorry, I'm an idiot for constantly referring to them as headers lmao. I meant the downpipe FROM American Racing Headers.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:48 AM   #6
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Are you considering a tune as well?
Yes, but a little later on once I get my CAI and the downpipe. In terms of the order I plan to get things in, right now it's the CAI, probably this, the downpipe, and then the tune. Or should I get it tuned earlier on? Honestly, both my dad and I have been out of the game for a while when it comes to working on cars. I feel like I'm learning all over again lol

Kinda nice feeling, but also don't want to screw up.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #7
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreamo View Post
Sorry, I'm an idiot for constantly referring to them as headers lmao. I meant the downpipe FROM American Racing Headers.
Oh lol, yea I’ve heard those are nice. Mostly people get them when their cats go out and these are cheaper then OEM and have some improvement to them.

Tune wise, if you’re looking to just not get a CEL for the time being then you’re good on everything except the Dow pipes I believe. I’m currently running all that minus the downpipes on stock tune for a few thousand miles with no CEL. When I can get the funds for a tune I’ll make sure to do that next

Old 09-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #8
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Yes, but a little later on once I get my CAI and the downpipe. In terms of the order I plan to get things in, right now it's the CAI, probably this, the downpipe, and then the tune. Or should I get it tuned earlier on? Honestly, both my dad and I have been out of the game for a while when it comes to working on cars. I feel like I'm learning all over again lol

Kinda nice feeling, but also don't want to screw up.
Well I mean it's always a smart idea to get it tuned asap, but if you're doing all these mods in a relatively short period of time, then I'd just wait till it's all done. Me personally, I'd at least want to verify that my stock tune was doing okay in the meantime, but that's just me
Old 09-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #9
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Well I mean it's always a smart idea to get it tuned asap, but if you're doing all these mods in a relatively short period of time, then I'd just wait till it's all done. Me personally, I'd at least want to verify that my stock tune was doing okay in the meantime, but that's just me
I'll look into it. It will definitely have to be one of those tuners that can modify the tune for me on the fly then, hopefully at no extra cost lol
Old 09-18-2020, 10:33 AM   #10
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I'll look into it. It will definitely have to be one of those tuners that can modify the tune for me on the fly then, hopefully at no extra cost lol
I hear you man. If you're looking at one of these hand held tuners that you can update the tune at very minimal cost as you continue to mod the car, then getting a tune now makes good sense in my opinion. That way you can insure the car is where it should be, and then when you add more mods it only cost a few bucks here and there (or maybe even free) to adjust it. That's my line of thinking
Old 09-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #11
Mulf

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I notice a bit more pickup, i would get a throttle body at the same time. You also hear much more air intake when you remove that cover over it.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:54 AM   #12
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
I notice a bit more pickup, i would get a throttle body at the same time. You also hear much more air intake when you remove that cover over it.
After I did the ported im and tb I noticed I actually lost most the CAI noises, I have the engine cover off so it’s just the black im plastic showing

Old 09-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #13
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
I recently installed the JacFab ported intake manifold & 80MM TB from Overkill.
Will sent me a re-tune for the extra air flow as well. Huge difference in my opinion. I already had the GMPP CAI and Overkill tune to 93 octane. But this was a nice jump in power. Gotta work on my 0-60 now cause I'm roasting the 285's with the nanny's turned off at launch. manual trans. I haven't dyno'd the car but I've gotta be up about 40-50hp in total. 380ish crank I'm hoping.just over 300whp maybe. still haven't tried E85 yet though I've got the tune for it already. That & exhaust are the only NA options left on the table at this point. Wanting to go Overkill stage 2 next year I hope!
mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #14
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp88 View Post
I recently installed the JacFab ported intake manifold & 80MM TB from Overkill.
Will sent me a re-tune for the extra air flow as well. Huge difference in my opinion. I already had the GMPP CAI and Overkill tune to 93 octane. But this was a nice jump in power. Gotta work on my 0-60 now cause I'm roasting the 285's with the nanny's turned off at launch. manual trans. I haven't dyno'd the car but I've gotta be up about 40-50hp in total. 380ish crank I'm hoping.just over 300whp maybe. still haven't tried E85 yet though I've got the tune for it already. That & exhaust are the only NA options left on the table at this point. Wanting to go Overkill stage 2 next year I hope!
That sounds awesome! I just ordered my k&n CAI since I caught it for cheap on Amazon. Will get the JacFab later this month it's looking like.

Tags
dyno, intake manifold, jacfab, lgx, reviews