Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #197
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
My plates are installed, ready to try them out this weekend
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #198
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
My plates are installed, ready to try them out this weekend
Enjoy them, glad your day is coming!! I'm sure you will have no complaints!!!! Question though, were yours both long stud slides, or one of each?? Thanks...
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:11 PM   #199
JRL1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Enjoy them, glad your day is coming!! I'm sure you will have no complaints!!!! Question though, were yours both long stud slides, or one of each?? Thanks...
I guess long slides, both sides look the same
Old 07-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #200
driven2exceSS

Are you running an OEM or Performance/aftermarket strut tower brace??
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 07-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #201
JRL1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Are you running an OEM or Performance/aftermarket strut tower brace??
No strut tower brace, stock SS 1LE
Old 08-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #202
driven2exceSS

Update... talked to Jason this AM. He stated Tim is suppose to start TODAY sending out the appropriate long stud slide plates to those that ordered early and received the miss match studs lengths. *This only comes into play for those running a strut brace. (IE convertibles, or aftermarket/OEM performance add on)
Old 08-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #203
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Finally got mine installed and got the car aligned.

Since there's no specific instructions for the 6th Gen on their site, I called and got some additional info:

The forward caster position is equivalent to stock. The rear position will increase caster.

Mine were not shipped with the button head bolts, which are used to emulate the stock locator pins in the shock tower. They are M8-1.25, and they need to be short enough to not protrude through the bottom of the top plate so it can slide. I bought the length they told me to, and had to cut them all shorter to fit.

Torque for both the caster pan head allen bolts, and the strut top mount nuts is 18-20 ft/lbs. Be careful... the caster bolts are made of case hardened cheese... just checking them at 18ft/lbs one of them started to strip on me.

Since I'm running the non-R SC3's at our next track outing, and don't intend to push it that hard, I went with pretty conservative numbers (~-2.3*), and only dialed in ~ -1* at the knuckle to retain lots of wheel clearance. The setup appears easily capable of over -3* total negative if you need that.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #204
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Hard to tell by that pic but it almost looks like you can't back out the set allen bolts enough to change camber without dropping the strut a little? I'm hoping that is just a camera angle issue as I was hoping to maybe use two settings. Mine ship Thursday.
ABQautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #205
Rodan

You might be able to get them out with the plates slid to the minimum camber position. I didn't take any installed pics previous to the alignment, so I can't say for sure.

I'm not sure what the delta is between the two caster positions, but mine was over 7* in the front position.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #206
ABQautoxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
You might be able to get them out with the plates slid to the minimum camber position. I didn't take any installed pics previous to the alignment, so I can't say for sure.

I'm not sure what the delta is between the two caster positions, but mine was over 7* in the front position.
I don't want to remove them, just back them out, change camber, tighten back in. Last mcstrut car I had with camber plates I just toggled the camber/toe on the front the day before and after event weekends. Wouldn't be the end of the world to slightly drop the strut just less than ideal.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #207
Rodan

Sorry, thought you were talking about caster. Camber is adjusted via the 3 strut top mount nuts: raise the wheel off the ground, loosen the nuts, and slide to adjust camber then re-torque the nuts.

The allen bolts are for caster and must be removed to move the mount to the new location.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #208
ABQautoxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Sorry, thought you were talking about caster. Camber is adjusted via the 3 strut top mount nuts: raise the wheel off the ground, loosen the nuts, and slide to adjust camber then re-torque the nuts.

The allen bolts are for caster and must be removed to move the mount to the new location.
Gotcha, sandwich style. Thanks sounds easy enough.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #209
driven2exceSS

FINALLY!!! I finally received my long stud slide "plate" today!! Tomorrow may be the install day even though I'm scheduled over a week out for an alignment touch-up. Gotta say tires are holding up so far...
Old 08-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #210
Calcanuck

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Looking forward to hearing how these are working after a few track days and exactly how much camber people are getting when combining some stock adjustment with these. I am looking for -3 degrees which seems possible if you dial -1 with factory setting and -2 with these plates.