Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
1SS 1LE vs. 2SS- I am in a Quandry

OK- I am older, past middle age. In good shape, and i want a 6 speed manual. I like aggressive seating, driving in a "spirited manner".

I don't track, I live in Michigan where potholes grow on trees and the roads....

Do I get the 1LE package- no blindspot monitoring, no Bose, no heated/cooled seats, etc. but has MRC, NPP, and Recaros.

Or do I get the 2SS and add the MRC, NPP. I can order it with Kalahari interior or grey interior but no recaros.

Love the ZL1 but 650 HP not sure I need that....and have a Duramax 4wd for winter

Cost is not the issue- and i get employee pricing...
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
1LE over the 2SS for me.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
OK- I am older, past middle age. In good shape, and i want a 6 speed manual. I like aggressive seating, driving in a "spirited manner".

I don't track, I live in Michigan where potholes grow on trees and the roads....

Do I get the 1LE package- no blindspot monitoring, no Bose, no heated/cooled seats, etc. but has MRC, NPP, and Recaros.

Or do I get the 2SS and add the MRC, NPP. I can order it with Kalahari interior or grey interior but no recaros.

Love the ZL1 but 650 HP not sure I need that....and have a Duramax 4wd for winter

You can drive aggressively just fine on the 2SS. It's capabilities will not be reached on the street at all.

You cannot heat/cool your ass, monitor your blind spots and listen to the bose stereo in the 1LE.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Give it a little more time, the Recaros might come up as their own option. That way you can get it the way you want without having to give up very much.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
You can drive aggressively just fine on the 2SS. It's capabilities will not be reached on the street at all.

You cannot heat/cool your ass, monitor your blind spots and listen to the bose stereo in the 1LE.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious
Thanks Captain! Right you are, and an eventual wheel and tire upgrade on the 2SS will give you all the performance you can use on the streets.

It STILL won't be a 1LE though, so the quandary is a tough one. Good luck OP!

If it were me, I would go 1LE. I never used the option to heat my ass in my 2013, and I will be just fine without it as I always have been. Additionally in my 2013, I almost never used the radio as all I wanted to hear was the sweet music that came from the exhaust pipes.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:

If you do not track get the 2SS instead of the 1LE. You will be happier with your choice long term. Skip the Recaros, again a waste if you do not track. The standard seats will be more comfortable, less confining, and are well suited for sporty road driving. And 2SS ventilated cooled seats are awesome in the summer.

The base SS handles almost as well as the last gen 1LE. Also get the MRC for a sport or somewhat cushy ride. Later if you want you can upgrade to the 1LE suspension. But if you do not track why bother? The base SS handles like a sports car with maybe a little too much understeer. But it is a safer car for a novice. You can also add the 1LE wheels as replicas. These replicas are lighter than the standard wheels and are cheaper than the optional $2K+ wheels on the SS.

And the big HP cars are a waste on the street. I owned two, with one of them being a TT 1LE. I am not saying they are not fun, but for what you pay regrets can set in. The current SS is just as fast as my stock 5th gen ZL1. I also enjoy the M6 over the boring but faster auto. Since you are considering the 1LE I suppose you feel the same way. The 1LE being an option on the car does not hold its value any better than the SS. Both values will drop like stones the first year and then settle down.

Chevy held back the luxury on the new 1LE for a reason. They want buyers who do not regret the purchase of a 1LE, those who know what it is and what it is for. And people our age can better appreciate enough of everything to be fun, without going overboard diminishing that fun. SS.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Give it a little more time, the Recaros might come up as their own option. That way you can get it the way you want without having to give up very much.
It looked to me like the order guide shows recaros as an option on 1SS and 2SS. Whether you get the 2SS niceties (heat and cool, memory, etc) is another question.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Had a '15 1SS/1LE with recaros, and now I have a '16 2SS. Don't miss it especially the seats on long trips. Drove 11 1/2 hrs back in May in my '16SS and afterwards I felt much better than a 6 hr trip I took last year in the 1LE. Even if you're not going to track it, it's still a tough decision, good luck choosing
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:

1le is a waste of money if you don't track.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #10
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Thanks guys. I also have to remember that since I date ladies that are age appropriate getting in and out of the recaros may be a bit much for them.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #11
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Nope
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #12
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
1LE over the 2SS for me.
+1 on the 1LE. Recaros, Wheels/tires, blade spoiler, manual, HUD and PDR are must have. I may never track it, but it's nice to know I can.

I'm 58, and have a similar situation to you living here in Ohio. Like you, I have a 4x4 pickup for my winter driving, so I can pick and choose where and when I will drive the car.

I want something a little different than everything else rolling around out there. The 1LE is a track car, and every time I get in it I will be reminded of that by the Recaros and the over-the-road feel when driving it. That's pretty cool to me, even as an old guy.

The nanny tech, disco lighting and standard leather would diminish that overall experience. So my radio is a notch below the Bose and I will need to find a place for my garage door opener. Who cares. And I want the exhaust note to be the real 'music' anyway.

The package has everything I need, and nothing really important is left out. And I'm a sucker for a great deal, and the 1LE is real bang for the buck.

Well that's my .02.

Only you know what is really important to you. Good luck with your decision.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #13
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
That would be up to the buyer. There is a lot of content with the 1le, some of it exclusive to the 1LE.

Last edited by IOMike; 08-09-2016 at 06:02 PM.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #14
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
That would be up to the buyer. There is a lot of content with the 1le, some of it exclusive too the 1LE.
Yes it is. He asked, and I gave an answer. Maybe its worth it to you, but its a total waste to me.