On the V6 yes, they are optional.

On the V8 they are standard.

Ah ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #30
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
My only complaint is that I'm now obsessed with the gen 6 1LE!!!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #31
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Not really, this car is not a drag car. A manual is the better overall choice on an autocross or larger circuit. It seems GM agrees, remember, they even recommend the manual on the Z06 if you want to track it...

I don't think they care about big sales, this is a niche car. Plus, the 1LE has always been manual only.
But they indeed do offer it on the Z06.
Also the ATSV with A8 is quicker around a track than the manual.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #32
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I'm just bummed it's not offered on the 2SS.
Agreed. I was worried I'd want this car. Worries are gone till 2SS becomes an option. Otherwise, great car for 1SS guys!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #33
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Standard MRC is the only thing I don't like. Everything else is fine.
I wasn't expecting the mag ride. This package can't be 3,500 bucks anymore. Lol
Old 02-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #34
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Not really, this car is not a drag car. A manual is the better overall choice on an autocross or larger circuit. It seems GM agrees, remember, they even recommend the manual on the Z06 if you want to track it...

I don't think they care about big sales, this is a niche car. Plus, the 1LE has always been manual only.
Or they are offering it only with the manual to keep the price down? You keep misquoting what GM says about the Z06...I'm beginning to think it is intentional.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:43 PM   #35
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
This is why she shouldn't ever upgrade from the status of girlfriend to fiancee or wife.

I'm completely serious. My wife would never try and tell me how to option the car I wanted. This isn't the family minivan.
Fortunately, I understand that relationships require compromise, and she is willing to accept that Im going to drop nearly 50k on a car (she considers cars to be appliances, which is fine, not everyone is a car person) so on a major financial decision that will have long term impact on our financial situation, I think acquiescing to her comfort is an acceptable solution

tl;dr Im polite and willing to prioritize her comfort.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #36
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
How is the MRC ?? never was in a car with that also looks like i might trade up lol told myself naaa i keeping this
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #37
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Or they are offering it only with the manual to keep the price down? You keep misquoting what GM says about the Z06...I'm beginning to think it is intentional.
Tadge answered:

There are lots of interesting back stories behind recent media tests, but the question asks about Road Atlanta so for the purposes of this thread I will focus on our long lead media event last November. We spent a week there with journalists from around the world. We had pro drivers Tommy Milner, Randy Pobst, and Andy Pilgrim behind the wheel along with many other very capable drivers. They were permitted to run consecutive laps with minimal or no traffic, so essentially "qualifying laps". Over the course of the week we had 2 cars come into the pits with a hot warning messages. The first was due to the loss of an accessory drive belt. We had a pre-production tensioner on that car which failed, throwing the belt and we lost the water pump. We have had no issues with production tensioners. The second car was an automatic. I believe it was being driven by Randy on the hottest day there which was right around our design performance target of 86 degrees (more on that below). After multiple laps at speed he came in with a hot warning message. Although the car had been out on track all week, that was the first and only incident. In Corvette's 60 year history, we have never put automatics on track for media and never encouraged people interested in track usage to buy automatics. The new 8 speed automatic gives us a chance to put more automatic transmission customers on the track. Since there is some lack of clarity around the true capability of each of the transmissions, this question gives us the opportunity to publish some guidelines:

•The Z06 Manual is designed to keep engine oil, coolant, transmission and differential fluids below the hot warning targets when driven by a professional on a 30C day (86F) on a "typical" racetrack for an indefinite period of time (effectively the time to burn through a full tank of fuel). So the automatic has the capability to run faster laps than the manual, but thermal limitations are reached more quickly. Customers who are planning to run extended track-day sessions at 'professional' speeds, are advised to go with the manual transmission, or to paddle shift the automatic and select higher gears when conditions warrant it.

So, yes, they do recommend buying the manual for tracking, or paddle shifting the auto, which defeats the one of the biggest benefits of the auto.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #38
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Tadge answered:

There are lots of interesting back stories behind recent media tests, but the question asks about Road Atlanta so for the purposes of this thread I will focus on our long lead media event last November. We spent a week there with journalists from around the world. We had pro drivers Tommy Milner, Randy Pobst, and Andy Pilgrim behind the wheel along with many other very capable drivers. They were permitted to run consecutive laps with minimal or no traffic, so essentially "qualifying laps". Over the course of the week we had 2 cars come into the pits with a hot warning messages. The first was due to the loss of an accessory drive belt. We had a pre-production tensioner on that car which failed, throwing the belt and we lost the water pump. We have had no issues with production tensioners. The second car was an automatic. I believe it was being driven by Randy on the hottest day there which was right around our design performance target of 86 degrees (more on that below). After multiple laps at speed he came in with a hot warning message. Although the car had been out on track all week, that was the first and only incident. In Corvette's 60 year history, we have never put automatics on track for media and never encouraged people interested in track usage to buy automatics. The new 8 speed automatic gives us a chance to put more automatic transmission customers on the track. Since there is some lack of clarity around the true capability of each of the transmissions, this question gives us the opportunity to publish some guidelines:

•The Z06 Manual is designed to keep engine oil, coolant, transmission and differential fluids below the hot warning targets when driven by a professional on a 30C day (86F) on a "typical" racetrack for an indefinite period of time (effectively the time to burn through a full tank of fuel). So the automatic has the capability to run faster laps than the manual, but thermal limitations are reached more quickly. Customers who are planning to run extended track-day sessions at 'professional' speeds, are advised to go with the manual transmission, or to paddle shift the automatic and select higher gears when conditions warrant it.

So, yes, they do recommend buying the manual for tracking, or paddle shifting the auto, which defeats the one of the biggest benefits of the auto.
Not sure that is the biggest advantage. Those close gear ratios are nice, too. My point is he always leaves the last part off. Tadge doesn't exclusively suggest the Manual. Learn to use the automatic properly and you will be suprised at the results.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #39
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
No auto kills it for me. I won't be getting this. The damn Corvette Z06 has the auto... like come on. I'm sure the ZL1 will have the auto but the 1LE is the nice 'in between' price range. I'll just get an SS an upgrade. Maybe a used ZL1 or something way down the line.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...How can you decide if you want one or not without knowing the price?...
Well...you can't order one just yet - so there's time before price becomes absolutely necessary. And if the car is even on your radar...it's worth waiting a couple of months for that information. Generally...price is the last thing the company finalizes in the car-making process....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
I was reading Road and Track or Motortrend and they are saying the Recaros are optional not standard. Some conflicting reports.
The official word is: Standard on SS. Optional on 1LT/2LT.

Quote:
Based on what exactly? You are saying the 1LE would outrun a 5th gen Z/28.
You know...and don't kill me for saying this....I think this car will cause some insecurity issues in a some sensitive Z/28 owners...It may not be as fast, but it's gonna be REAL close!

Also note - this car is not officially targeted at the GT350...Ford intended for that to be their "Z/28"...relatively different purposes: One is supposed to be a dedicated track car only; and the other is an affordable, albeit potent track-day toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
No auto kills it for me. I won't be getting this. The damn Corvette Z06 has the auto... like come on. I'm sure the ZL1 will have the auto but the 1LE is the nice 'in between' price range. I'll just get an SS an upgrade. Maybe a used ZL1 or something way down the line.
Options, options....
Old 02-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #41
doc212121

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS White/White
Deal Breakers:
No A8
Standard NPP
Standard MRC
Junk Stereo

I will be buying the seats or trading with someone who doesn't want them in their 1LE!
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #42
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Considering in a thread made for complaining there are no complaints about expected performance, I think GM knocked it out of the freakin park.