Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-28-2019, 05:50 AM   #43
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
congrats man. just wanna say the mustang does not have no where near a better interior than the Camaro.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #44
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I went from a 2017 GT PP to a 2017 1SS 1LE... there is absolutely no comparison. The Mustang has a clunky rear diff, overheats on the track, and has a wet-noodle chassis. It's pure garbage as a driver's car compared to the Camaro. Transmission was awful to use, really very little to like about it besides the higher redline.

They end up selling more of them because they know that people really just want style and bragging rights, it's a very small percentage that drive these cars as sports cars while most just cruise around looking for more chrome shit to add on the trunk or the best set of rear window louvers...
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #45
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I love your post- and so agree with you on the Camaro. I too had a 2018 Mustang GT, bought brand new. I had a 2017 Camaro RS before that- which I loved but the darn 8 speed automatic was awful, shuddering, shaking and slipping. I got rid of the car and went to a Mustang GT. I had the same problem as you- ticking, turned to knocking and rattling within 6K miles. Dealer would do nothing about it. I wanted a new block. At least with the Camaro they tried but the tranny was just never right or they did not have the right fluid for it at the time. So I went back to a Camaro- this time a manual 6 speed. Mine is not even and SS and I just love the car. It's one of my favorite cars ever, if not my most favorite. The handling, light weight V6 up front- high revving and with the 6 speed and MBRP axle back it sounds so good and is so fun to drive. If I only got the 6 speed in the first one. I get compliments on it everywhere but of course everyone asks if it has V8 or not. I love to claim that I have a 334 HP V6, 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, runs on regular gas and gets 33 MPG. They just don't believe it. If I was not on a budget and my commute was as not as long as it is I for sure would have a SS 1LE- I can only imagine the fun you are having with it.

Great to see another Mustang guy converted over!
Old 10-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #46
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
I agree with what you said about the acceleration and capability of the Bullitt but the Bullitt does not get a flat plane crank, it’s a cross plane. It does get the gt350 intake arrangement though.
You're right. I meant to come back and fix that. To be honest, I had no idea what the cross plane crank was. Sorry for the misrepresentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Wrong, it does not have a flat plane crank it's a cross plane like any other 5.0. It has a gt350 intake like another poster already corrected you about.

Also wrong on the 12.4 quarter mile. That was a Car and Driver estimate before they actually tested the car, when tested it didn't deliver on the estimate. In their actual review of the car it ran a 12.8, slower than other GT m6s tested, they also have a 12.6 in the long term review car where they make no mention of acceleration in the actual article, which would match other m6 GTs (pp1&pp2). Car and driver has tested m6 ss's and 1le's at 12.3 for comparisons sake, and in an a10 ss review make a mention of a 12.2 m6 which may or may not be a typo like the 12.6 they have on the long term bullit article.

Go look at what Bullits are actually running on the mustang 6 forums before you compare it to the ss/1le fast list, pretty disappointing. The 1le fast list isn't very populated, so it's not exactly hard to rank in it with only a handful of runs, but on FB lots of people post better times than are on the fast list and just as fast as cars on the regular ss m6 fast list.
You're right about the 1/4 mile ET. It was an estimate. I looked at the Mustang fast list and the best ET for any Mustang was only a 12.349 and I beat that with my very first run in my Camaro before it was even broken in. I've done a lot of research on the Mustang and although I like the Bullitt a lot, I think I will keep my bad asX Camaro...

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote