Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #15
SEVENZEROTWO

Drives: 2K17 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
warranties are for people without confidence in their car
Dealer forgot to put an oil plug in my transmission all the way. Warranty work saved me $2k in repairs. Still doesn't feel like the day I got it, but it works.
SEVENZEROTWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 PM   #16
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
warranty work caused by incompetent work from the dealer ....rather than manufacturer issues ...are kinda different. I'm being tongue in cheek about warranties...but in all seriousness. I avoid taking the car to the dealer for anything. Then again, I voided all of the important parts of my warranties in the first half of 2016. So if i can't fix it myself, I would take it to a trusted independent mechanic who has experience with camaro's. Never a dealership.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:04 AM   #17
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Any change to the stock “tune” easily be discovered by a dealer. That is an absolute fact. If that worries you, do not get it tuned. Period.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:05 AM   #18
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I have a 2016 RS. Diff swap from 2.0T manual for 3.23's. JMS throttle controller, CAI. Borla cat back and run Trifecta.

I have had 0 issues in the 2 years since first programming. I have had 2 changes to the tune in that time. I emailed support and had a response usually in a day or so and they really help. Shot me adjusted tunes with no hassle. And believe it, my program counter didn't change.

I get a great boost in power and the car sounded meaner. I haul balls (100+) everywhere I go and still get 19/20mpg. I hit a black Friday sale to and compared to the price of competitors was to good to pass up.

I recommend them 👍
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:05 AM   #19
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
On their website they state that "The TRIFECTA flash loader and Transparency featureset does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history"
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
I have a 2016 RS. Diff swap from 2.0T manual for 3.23's. JMS throttle controller, CAI. Borla cat back and run Trifecta.

I have had 0 issues in the 2 years since first programming. I have had 2 changes to the tune in that time. I emailed support and had a response usually in a day or so and they really help. Shot me adjusted tunes with no hassle. And believe it, my program counter didn't change.

I get a great boost in power and the car sounded meaner. I haul balls (100+) everywhere I go and still get 19/20mpg. I hit a black Friday sale to and compared to the price of competitors was to good to pass up.

I recommend them 👍
How did you check to see if your flash count went up?
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #21
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Hauling balls and getting high double digit mileage means you're spending a lot of your time cruising still

Low double digits is where i tend to be because every single time i stop is an opportunity to go really fast for another too-short amount of time. If i'm cruising at 80mph, i'm still getting just a hair under 30mpg on level road. But my commute is like 5 miles so getting up to triple digits doesn't last long in the morning.

You know, in the hypothetical situation where i was going that fast. All hypothetical.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote