Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-25-2022, 02:37 PM   #1
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Drives: 2018 hyper blue zl1
Supercharger coolant issues

Ok guys and gals. I recently installed the weaponx boost chiller. Also added the adm reservoir to self bleed. When car is running everything seems fine. When I shut the car off the coolant fills up the reservoir to the top. I have drained it several times but keeps filling the reservior. Start the car it cycles through the system then turn off and fills again to reservoir. I have added and taken fluid out and can’t seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas on this. Could one of the supercharger coolant bricks be going bad. If so how can I tell. Thanks
Old 06-25-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Dumb question, but since I know the directions that come with adm kit are garbage at best....did you hook up the tube correctly? There is a really good post on this site that someone did and shows the step-by-step install of the adm.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:45 PM   #3
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Good question. I agree instructions suck. Mine actually came with overflow tube I was told new design from adm and they didn’t supply the cap to put on so I had to fix that as it was just spilling out of it when I turned car off. My understanding is 2 hoses. Top hose goes to crossover tube and replaces the bleeder valve and the bottom hose goes to pump. I’m assuming this is correct
Old 06-25-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscamaro69z28 View Post
Ok guys and gals. I recently installed the weaponx boost chiller. Also added the adm reservoir to self bleed. When car is running everything seems fine. When I shut the car off the coolant fills up the reservoir to the top. I have drained it several times but keeps filling the reservior. Start the car it cycles through the system then turn off and fills again to reservoir. I have added and taken fluid out and can’t seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas on this. Could one of the supercharger coolant bricks be going bad. If so how can I tell. Thanks
A bit of advice….

Let your car idle with the chiller on to where the cooolant temp is bottomed out. Make sure the coolant line on the reservoir is at the max fill line, which is about halfway up. Many people fill these much higher, with a chiller it’s a bit different.

Your going to notice when the chiller is on and water is circulating it’s going to seem low, it’s not. When the car is off, and fluid warms back up it should fill close to the top of the tank again.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #5
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Thanks camaro1973 that’s exactly what is happening. So it filling up to the top is normal then. I was concerned thanks for your advice
Old 06-25-2022, 09:51 PM   #6
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscamaro69z28 View Post
Thanks camaro1973 that’s exactly what is happening. So it filling up to the top is normal then. I was concerned thanks for your advice

Yep, that's what its supposed to do. A bit may even spill out via the top breather. Just an effect from the cold water temps. Just keep it at the max line when cold and it will raise a bit when temp comes back up. Whats nice about the ADM res its its baffled, so you don't any sloshing all over the place. This is why i changed from the magnuson res, because every time i opened it, i would lose more then i was trying to add

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote