LOL, "YEAAAHHHHHYYEEAAAAH!"
Old 04-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #156
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
There is still TC in Race mode FYI.
To me it feels like the PTM predictive traction model and not the reactive over-slip program that normal TC has.

Ran at Grattan yesterday. The car is quick. I was also able to be quite consistent, staying within a few tenths, traffic notwithstanding. This video is when they moved me to the instructor group, and then I lapped all the instructors too.

Skip to 18:00 for roughly the start of the quickest of this session, a 1.26.6. I did a couple of those this weekend. This car is so easy to get the max out of it.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #157
Sleeks

Drives: None
Ran at Road America yesterday. This was my first track event ever....No previous autocross, road courses, etc. I have a lot to learn, but gained confidence as the day went on to push the car harder. I have a bunch of room to grow. Had an instructor for the first three sessions of the day, ran by myself the last two sessions.

This is the final session. It was cold (around 40 with a wind chill of 33) so the tires took forever to come up in pressure/temp. I know I missed my marks on some of these laps, as this was my first lap really pushing my speeds, I know I missed some.

Spent the entire session chasing a GT350 with the track pack. It wasn't an R. He had previous track experience. Considering that and the 70+ HP he had on me, I thought I did a good job staying with him.

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #158
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
great videos
Here's one from the past Saturday's event at the ORP (4-29-17)

I had a chance to compare the OEM vs Trofeo R tires back to back and will review them in more detailed.This is the first "true" track event since I couldn't really drive in the first two events. I am so happy with the overall balance especially with the wicker bill and the Trofeo Rs.In the meantime, I am also surprised with how great the OEM tires for track use. I think probably because it wasn't too hot in the morning sessions and I was doing extended cool down sessions.

I did my personal best lap at the ORP 1:54.7 and improved my previous best lap with the Rotrex build BRZ (with Z214s) by almost 4 seconds!! I still think that I can shave a bit more if I get more time with the Trofeo Rs since I could only do one session with them that day:
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #159
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
^^That track looks like a damn roller coaster. Nuts. Congrats on crushing your personal best!
Old 05-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #160
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Grats on the PB! Delta between stockers and Trofeos?
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #161
TrackClub

awesome posts guys - keep em coming! Rye: what tires you running on?
Old 05-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #162
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
4/22 Autocross at ZMAX with CCR SCCA!

Attached Images

Old 05-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #163
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Well, I ended up with 3rd place in AS and 32/146 overall (RAW). The car is definitely capable, as I need more experience with the cones. Also, the PowerStop Z26 pads do not have the bite of the stock pads... I noticed that when I ran off course on my 2nd run... haha.

Class Results
http://www.sfrscca-sacramento.org/20...%20Results.htm

RAW
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #164
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
great videos
Here's one from the past Saturday's event at the ORP (4-29-17)

I had a chance to compare the OEM vs Trofeo R tires back to back and will review them in more detailed.This is the first "true" track event since I couldn't really drive in the first two events. I am so happy with the overall balance especially with the wicker bill and the Trofeo Rs.In the meantime, I am also surprised with how great the OEM tires for track use. I think probably because it wasn't too hot in the morning sessions and I was doing extended cool down sessions.

I did my personal best lap at the ORP 1:54.7 and improved my previous best lap with the Rotrex build BRZ (with Z214s) by almost 4 seconds!! I still think that I can shave a bit more if I get more time with the Trofeo Rs since I could only do one session with them that day:
Nice driving, good throttle modulation and nice to see another fellow 1LE rev matching the old fashioned way!
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #165
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Well, I ended up with 3rd place in AS and 32/146 overall (RAW). The car is definitely capable, as I need more experience with the cones. Also, the PowerStop Z26 pads do not have the bite of the stock pads... I noticed that when I ran off course on my 2nd run... haha.

Class Results

RAW
What were 1st and 2nd in AS driving?

At the SCCA WDCR Auto X event on Sunday a guy in a 1LE won AS and beat 3 C5 Z06s and a new M3, gives me hope that I have a chance to be competitive in my region!

Edit: nevermind, I have no clue how I didn't see the links haha good job man!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #166
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
^^That track looks like a damn roller coaster. Nuts. Congrats on crushing your personal best!
I agree it's the most fun in my area. In addition to that, great people and organization and tons of seat time. If anyone wants to come join one of the events, PM me. I am an instructor there and have some 40% off vouchers for guests

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Grats on the PB! Delta between stockers and Trofeos?
My personal best was with the OEM tires were 1:55.8 in the morning then I was able to improve it by 1.1 seconds with the Trofeo R tires (1:54.7). Things to note however, it was a bit cooler in the morning in the morning with the OEM tires and I could only do one session with the Trofeo Rs as it was getting late. I believe I can squeeze another second or half a second with the Trofeo Rs so I am guessing the delta should be somewhere in 1.5-2 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Nice driving, good throttle modulation and nice to see another fellow 1LE rev matching the old fashioned way!
thanks I have to say though; rev match still helped me at a few places even I was using heel toe. I could hear the additional blip/rev on top of mine
Old 05-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #167
glamcem

A few pictures from the event and road trip to ORP

My friend's (X25 from Corvette forums) beautiful C7 Z51, well thought track purpose built :

Gen5 ZL1, owner is another club member (ORP) very nice guy

Old 05-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #168
TrackClub

Thx Cem! Ok so if Trofeo Rs only have like 1-2 seconds on stock shoes, on a circa 2min/lap track...then the stockers are amazingly capable tires for the price, bar none. At least it seems that way to me. For comparo when I switched from NT01 to R1 it was a child's play to get 2+ seconds at Mosport (low 1:30s track). So it seems that the new gen of "street" tires are pretty much as pace capable as "cup" or even R comps eh? Amazing.

Edit: great pix - thx for posting!