Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 10-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #71
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I guess it really does boil down to this basically

RB definitely goes to Jim Brown, averaged 1TD a game his career and holds the NFL record for career yards per game and it only took 9 years in which he also did retire in his prime. What a beast.

WR goes to Jerry Rice without question.

QB still up for debate. After further research I guess it is tough to make a case for Brady without a few more seasons under his belt, Peyton still holds overall better career stats than Brady, in which Brady counteracts that with dominating playoff stats.

Joe Montana still in there for discussion and a case can be made for Dan Marino in which during football back then was a lot different. There was no such thing as roughing the passer or passing interference calls in today's world.

I'm sure Dan Marino would've thrown for 6,500 yards in his prime in today's game, same thing with the other greats like Elway, Montana, Young, etc.

Which you gotta turn around and say things like what Adrian Peterson has done in his career in today's game where running the ball is almost non existent is amazing... since the Fullback position is basically extinct.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #72
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Yeah, he's the best they had statistically... not hating, just not overly impressed with ANY of the Oilers' QB's. It's called an OPINION.
Well, I was never a fan of the defunct Oilers franchise, but I do enjoy the back and forth over Moon. I've stated my opinion, I don't expect to change yours, and since I can probably only name a couple of oiler QB's, I'll defer to your knowlage of overall poor Oilers quarterbacking.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #73
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Well, I was never a fan of the defunct Oilers franchise, but I do enjoy the back and forth over Moon. I've stated my opinion, I don't expect to change yours, and since I can probably only name a couple of oiler QB's, I'll defer to your knowlage of overall poor Oilers quarterbacking.
I was a huge Cowboys fan when I was a kid, then they sacked my coach (Tom Landry)... was a huge Dolphins fan when I was a kid, they sacked my coach (Don Shula)... then I moved to Houston in 1979 and that's what I had for years, other than my Niners.

Now, I have the Broncos and Texans to enjoy...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #74
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
I was a huge Cowboys fan when I was a kid, then they sacked my coach (Tom Landry)... was a huge Dolphins fan when I was a kid, they sacked my coach (Don Shula)... then I moved to Houston in 1979 and that's what I had for years, other than my Niners.

Now, I have the Broncos and Texans to enjoy...
Enjoy Stafford pulling out another 4th quarter comeback on the Texans on Sunday.
Love your avatar, by the way Sherob!
Old 10-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #75
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Starting to look like the Texans goofed on Osweiler.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #76
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I guess it really does boil down to this basically

RB definitely goes to Jim Brown, averaged 1TD a game his career and holds the NFL record for career yards per game and it only took 9 years in which he also did retire in his prime. What a beast.

WR goes to Jerry Rice without question.

QB still up for debate. After further research I guess it is tough to make a case for Brady without a few more seasons under his belt, Peyton still holds overall better career stats than Brady, in which Brady counteracts that with dominating playoff stats.

Joe Montana still in there for discussion and a case can be made for Dan Marino in which during football back then was a lot different. There was no such thing as roughing the passer or passing interference calls in today's world.

I'm sure Dan Marino would've thrown for 6,500 yards in his prime in today's game, same thing with the other greats like Elway, Montana, Young, etc.

Which you gotta turn around and say things like what Adrian Peterson has done in his career in today's game where running the ball is almost non existent is amazing... since the Fullback position is basically extinct.

Jim Brown was a man before his time. He was an incredible athlete. He was physically larger than most of the linebackers of his era. I'll take the incredible Barry Sanders. He played against modern athletes, and also did not play in a mostly segregated league like Jim Brown. He also averaged 99.5 yards a game against modern completion.
Jerry Rice set the standerd for longevity at a very high level. He was never the deep threat or had the speed of Randy Moss.
Brady has won Super Bowls over a 15 year span. How much longer does he need? When he gets number five this year, that ought to lay that to rest.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #77
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
He will turn out like a 6'7" Scott Mitchell. Both south paws.. I thought Elway errored in letting him walk, but he looks like the Hall of Famer he is, the man knows QB talent. Time will tell, it always does.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:51 PM   #78
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Enjoy Stafford pulling out another 4th quarter comeback on the Texans on Sunday.
Love your avatar, by the way Sherob!
Thanks... huge Ramones fan!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:21 AM   #79
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks... huge Ramones fan!
GABA GABA HEY!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #80
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
LOL @ the guys using one regular season sample of Cassel and a game and a half for Jimmy G to discredit Tom Brady being GOAT material

Last edited by 3 SS's; 10-26-2016 at 07:40 AM.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #81
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
You gotta account that Barry Sanders also had like over 1,000 negative rushing yards in his career for plays gone completely wrong, I think that puts an asterisk next to his GOAT case.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #82
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Well, Yeah!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #83
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You gotta account that Barry Sanders also had like over 1,000 negative rushing yards in his career for plays gone completely wrong, I think that puts an asterisk next to his GOAT case.
That has more to do with his having a average offensive line than his GOAT worthiness. He has the most 75 yard plus rushes in league history, had a over 2,000 yard season, 99 touchdowns ,even though he was taken out of the game in goaline situations..if he would have run behind the O-line that Emmit Smith ran behind ,he probibly would have averaged 1750 yards a season. Oh, and his average yards per game is second all time, behind only Jim Brown, even with over 1,000 negative yards. Not to mention he was the most exciting runner in the history of the game. Ask Rod Woodson how it was to try and tackle Barry, Rod tore his ACL without Barry hitting him.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #84
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Barry Sanders isn't the greatest of all time statwise. Montana wasn't the greatest statwise either. What gave them the nod in my eyes is their awareness and how they could use it. That is why I put a few words next to some of my picks. Barry Sanders was just magic making people miss like that. Yeah he wasn't the bruiser that Earl Campbell was, nor as fast as say Warrick Dunn or Adrian Peterson. Yeah he had negative yards a lot of times, but think about it. The Lions were the worst team int he league for a lot of the years he played. They had no other option but to run the ball, and he STILL was that good, by always running for his life.

Montana could sense people behind him like everyone's mother in the kitchen while you played. He could find receivers that were hidden behind the tall D line and could tell where the LBs were hiding when looking for receivers cutting across the middle. That was the "IT" factor that puts him above the rest. I may not be right, but in my eyes, the guys on my list had IT.