Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
my camaro is ceramic coated my cruze is just wax im gonna try some of that meguiars ceramic coating wax next time i detail my cruze and see how it holds up !
Old 05-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #16
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
No to ceramic....they are overhyped and not worth it! Reload or a similiar Silica sealant is what you need. Ceramic coatings are just a Silica based product with a hardner like quartz in it. Sealants can leave water spots as well, but are much easier to remove and address the water spots. Ceramics do not protect against scratching, which is common misinformation out there.
For the record, you add reload over a ceramic coating.

Guess what that does?
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #17
VadersSlayer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Chadwicks Xtreme is amazing. Been using the chadwicks system since 2013 and have had zero issues.
VadersSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:19 PM   #18
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Ceramic on my Mazda cx-5. Never again.
Waterspots can be a big problem.

I'd rather do TW seal and shine or something similar every month.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:37 PM   #19
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlocal175 View Post
Thanks for the replies... Might stick with what I'm doing but looking at getting a G9 by Griots to ease some of the by hand which takes awhile. I have some older essence and reload that probably need replacing. Have been looking at the Griots waxes and sealants. Are they all pretty much the same with the different brands? Seems like all the top 10 get great reviews. I just need to decide which to get and pads i guess.
You should use essence+(Not essence) and reload Unless it’s just a typo. That’s what I use with my griots D/A. Also got echo2 which is great because it has a number of uses . I just bought all 3 and got a sample of hydro 2 to spray my wheels. The reload,echo, water mix is a great detailer. Plus I’m gonna use echo for a rinseless. I may use echo for a waterless but only the day after I put essence+ & reload on because sometimes I get dust or pollen on the next day it’s very light . It just p*sses me off after I spend 6 hours cleaning it.
Which I’m gonna do tomorrow now that it quit raining every 3 days.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #20
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
My car is ceramic coated and I wish I had seen this video before it was done.

Watch and learn...

2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #21
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
If you have a 3 year old car with 3K miles, you don't need ceramic. I think it is great for cars seeing a lot of use. I'm driving less than 4K miles per year and don't take my car out in rain, snow or when there is salt on the road and it seems to me that sealants and polymer waxes last more than 6 months. And if you really want some extra shine you can add a layer of spray wax or collinite as the last coat. Lately I've been lazy and find that Optimum Spray Way and Gyeon detail spray both look great with very little work.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #22
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
If you have a 3 year old car with 3K miles, you don't need ceramic. I think it is great for cars seeing a lot of use. I'm driving less than 4K miles per year and don't take my car out in rain, snow or when there is salt on the road and it seems to me that sealants and polymer waxes last more than 6 months. And if you really want some extra shine you can add a layer of spray wax or collinite as the last coat. Lately I've been lazy and find that Optimum Spray Way and Gyeon detail spray both look great with very little work.

Ceramic is for people who don't like to detail their car. I love to detail my car,and NOTHING looks as good as carnauba wax! The sun hits that natural carnauba...there's nothing like it. I also think that synthetic wax like 3M looks great on Camaro paint.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #23
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Never had any issues with my ceramic coat. I got just under 2 years of life out of my first coating of CQuartz UK and just did a new coat, but this time I topped it with Gliss and it is super slick.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #24
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Ceramic is for people who don't like to detail their car.
Not only is this patently false, blanket statements such as these do more to discredit the person making them than anything else.

Quote:
I love to detail my car,and NOTHING looks as good as carnauba wax! The sun hits that natural carnauba...there's nothing like it. I also think that synthetic wax like 3M looks great on Camaro paint.
Just so everyone is aware.... you can add sealants/wax/etc on top of ceramic coatings as well. In fact, this is very common to achieve a specific look you want. I do this myself. The Ceramic provides a stronger base layer of protection than the wax or sealant will.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:21 AM   #25
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Not only is this patently false, blanket statements such as these do more to discredit the person making them than anything else.

Just so everyone is aware.... you can add sealants/wax/etc on top of ceramic coatings as well. In fact, this is very common to achieve a specific look you want. I do this myself. The Ceramic provides a stronger base layer of protection than the wax or sealant will.
Whatever dude. I have professionally detailed hundreds and hundreds of cars. Discredit that.

Wax or sealants on top of ceramic puts a layer of less slick protection on top of the ceramic.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #26
Matt1LE

Drives: 2020 3LT Camaro 3.6L 1LE
I had my car ceramic coated. Love it. I also use Adams Ceramic Boost every few months to aid in its life. It's great for the hood wrap since it does not have any carnauba wax in it. Carnauba wax loves to destroy decals and wraps.

Though not necessary, I also use Adams Ceramic Liquid Wax every few months since I like that "slick feel" when I touch the car.

Never had any spotting issues.
Matt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:05 PM   #27
Danger731

Drives: 02 Z/28 04 C5 00/07 Silverado
Does anyone use Zaino amymore ? Is that old news ?
2014 CTS4

Sold:
2004 Vette
2002 Z/28
1998 Z/28
1995 Z/28
Danger731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:58 AM   #28
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
Does anyone use Zaino amymore ? Is that old news ?
It's still around. The problem with Zaino is they really push it as a system- so when you read their website and tutorial, you might be left with the impression that you need ALL the products in the system in order for it to be effective. The way I see it, hobbyists who want to spend hours on their cars might be hesitant to invest in an entire system, and want to experiment more with different products. I know I do. And non-hobbyists are probably just going to get a ceramic coating, wash it every now and then, and otherwise forget about it.

Other manufacturers recommend you use their other products, but I don't get the impression that others push them as part of a system quite as much as Zaino has/does. Take this statement for example:

"Please note that if this is your first time using the Zaino system, ZFX or Z-AIO is mandatory for use with Z-2 PRO, Z-3, or Z-5 PRO."

MANDATORY. Really?

Also (LOL) the tutorial I just read on their website actually recommends buffing the product off with a COTTON towel. It's like they decided sometime back in 2004 that they just didn't want to modernize in any way. Hello, 1995 wants its detailing methods back.

https://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merch...s&Store_Code=Z
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote