Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #29
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Sometimes I'm a dick like that.
lol
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #30
cohete_camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Red Line Edition
I was having the same issue in my new 2016... it was blowing cold air, and then just blew air...not cold either.... turned off the car, and turned it back on, and the cold air came back... makes no sense.
cohete_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #31
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
I am so disappointed that I felt the need to share. I have had my 6th Gen for 5 weeks now and of that, I've driven it for maybe 3. The air conditioning randomly goes from blowing cold air to warm, with no reason found to date. The dealership has already replaced a wiring harness and is now in the process of replacing some other parts of the unit. They also managed to chip my door the last time it was there so they are supposed to repair that too. The scary part is they don't seem to know what really is causing the problem. How long do I let this go on? Lemon Law in my state says if it's in 4 times i should qualify. This is the 3rd trip back.

How long do you guys think I should let this go? And should I be asking for some kind of compensation? I'm paying for a car I can't drive.

Thanks for listening...
You got a Lemon. There is a lemon in every bunch. Use the Lemon law.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #32
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
I swear our cars are ****ing boiling blooded animals... What i mean by that is, soon as it gets a little hot, they start to shit themselves.

My AC takes a good 10 mins sometimes to get cold. And I can't figure out how to find the pulse on what i do to make it work. I usually can identify a sound it makes that indicates that it is operating finally and the air gets cold right after.

Now that I have a huge intercooler sitting in front of the condenser im pretty sure it'll end in "well there you have it sir, that's your problem"

But I have had this since the early days. Dealer didn't do diddly when I took it in."Worked fine when we tried"

Lol, ah the fun of Owning a car. Should have leased, abused, and returned. -_-

Let us know if another finds a definitive fix.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #33
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
I was at the dealership the other day dealing with the 4 cyclinder mode shakes, and a corvette came in with the same AC problems. I had these problems early on and it seems other chevy products do as well. There are some sort of temperature sensors in the vents and when they get too hot they malfunction seems to happen in the hotter states I have not had a issue in about 4-5 months we will see again once we roll up on 100 degree days again here in florida if it acts the same. Mine however is only on the driver side passenger side always blows cold drives side will go in and out gradually.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:23 PM   #34
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
97 degree day. Car parked in the sun all day. Go to drive home and the damn AC never kicks on for 90% of the drive. Just blows air that feels hotter than ambient. Like it was stuck on heating. I drive for 30-40 mins intermittent trying the AC flipping between manual and auto. Set to LO. No cold at all. Park to run into the store. Start up and test again. Cold. So clearly by the time I parked and restarted the car cooled enough for the thermostat to reset and right itself. I have an appointment with the dealer but clearly parking this car in the sun totally scrambles the thermostat. This is something I've NEVER seen in any car I have been in and it never happened in my 2014 Camaro. Leading up to this there have been a couple occasions where it blows hot then about halfway home BAM its cold. Not like it gradually cooled off enough for the AC to work. More like the HVAC suddenly woke up and engaged the AC despite me having it set to LO the whole time. This on top of the V4 vibration my dealership says doesn't exist and the other recalls is proof these first year new gen models are SHIT. Now that I've linked this issue to hot weather I pray to God the service techs will actually listen to me when I explain how to reproduce and actually agree there is an issue. But I'm not holding my breath.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #35
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Passenger side Hot Air

My 2016 2SS has the same problem. we've been having 103-112 days here and I have found the passenger side center and dash vents blow hot air with the AC on. I've tried restarting the car and that worked once. Now it does it overtime we really need the ac. Hot air from the right vents! WTF
Old 06-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hello,

Today has been the hottest day in awhile here in Florida and go figure my AC blows hot and cold air and cycles between hot and cold almost every minute.
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #37
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
Has there been any sort of solution to this? I have the same problem. However after 2 summers with the car I have learned the workaround. It only happens when it's really hot out. Say minimum 80 degrees, but much more common in the mid to high 80s. And perhaps more if its really humid. I'm in NS canada, so it's not always an issue, but this summer has been bad.

So for the temporary fix....Basically crank it to maximum heat for 1 split second, and then bring it back to cool. It resets something and completely fixes the problem (until it happens again of course). Maybe this points to a sign for one of the sensors out of whack? I'm mentioning it to the dealership next time i'm in, but i'd rather they not 'diagnose' anything since they'll have my car for a month or two and give it back when winter hits and say no issues.
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:02 AM   #38
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
Once again I am posting here... I'd love to hear from anyone else who has had this or had a solution... Warranty almost up for me. Hate this issue!!!
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #39
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Techs failed to reproduce because they didnt leave it outside all day. Left it like 7am and they called me at 1pm saying its fine. Dicks. So clearly they're useless. At this point its become a non issue. I since moved so I dont go to that dealer anymore anyways and my parking habits have changed to kinda mitigate the issue. If i drive to work its usually so early I get a covered space in the parking garage. When I take the commuter train, i get home late enough where the car has naturally cooled down to where the AC kicks on properly. My warranties are all up and the lease is ending next April so i'm just riding it out until then.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #40
alEX1855

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I have a 2016 2SS and I am having the same problems. AC works fine when the car is in gear and running. AC turns warm when I'm in neutral. I even reved the engine for a while and the AC stayed warm...
alEX1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:27 PM   #41
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
This thread gives me hope about changing the actuator without removing the dash, Just wish i knew the way to go about it. Ordered the passenger temp door actuator and the hvac control module just in case.

adding the link to my thread about this issue https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575308
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote