Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Best 5K or 6K HID headlight bulbs

I bought the 5k 35w D3S HID bulbs from Onyx, and though the color was good, output was less than desired (top pic). The 2nd pic is with the stock hid's. There is no name brand on the label for the Onyx, so it's probably a cheap knockoff, which is why they are so cheap. One of them, the back of the housing unit was loose and the other works intermittently. The HID's for my fogs have a higher output, but that could be from the ballasts that they are supplied with.

What are you using to upgrade your headlight bulbs? and please show pics
Attached Images

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 05-13-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I guess no one else has had success

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:05 AM   #3
easyfame

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX
I would say possibly a cheap ballast. I bought a morimoto kit before i did my projectors and they had high quality parts. I used the same high quality ballast with some cheap kensun h9's and they seem just as bright. 6k btw.
MRT V2 Axle Back, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 20" Voxx SS Wheels Matte Black, Blacked Out Bowtie, Side Markers, Taillight Bezels, Front Bowtie Delete, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, Shift Knob and boot. 4-Pack Gauge Cluster, Fog Lights
easyfame is offline   Reply With Quote