Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #267
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Mine has raised numbers, just ****ing great.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #268
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
WOW! So I just took my car to the dealer to check on this last Friday. They tell me the car is fine and does not require the recall because it has RAISED letters. Of course at the time I had not read this thread. Not only did they not do anything, they then proceed to curb the crap out of one of my wheels and take out a big chunk of tire.

So now I am waiting for them to order me a wheel and tire and now I'm not so sure I would even want them to do the recall since they seem to be rather incompetent.

I'm really pissed because I had been taking it to the Cadillac dealer where we take our XTS and they are really great. I had called and scheduled to go in for this recall and they call me the day before and said they had to cancel because they cannot work on Chevy and got in trouble for the other times they did.

All the Chevy dealers around here are kinda sketchy to me.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #269
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
WOW! So I just took my car to the dealer to check on this last Friday. They tell me the car is fine and does not require the recall because it has RAISED letters. Of course at the time I had not read this thread. Not only did they not do anything, they then proceed to curb the crap out of one of my wheels and take out a big chunk of tire.

So now I am waiting for them to order me a wheel and tire and now I'm not so sure I would even want them to do the recall since they seem to be rather incompetent.

I'm really pissed because I had been taking it to the Cadillac dealer where we take our XTS and they are really great. I had called and scheduled to go in for this recall and they call me the day before and said they had to cancel because they cannot work on Chevy and got in trouble for the other times they did.

All the Chevy dealers around here are kinda sketchy to me.
Jesus dude...

GM dealerships are the worst I have experienced by far in my 9-10 month massive cross-shopping expedition before landing on this car and just forcing myself to deal with them

I'm really sorry to hear about that, the tire thing is just the icing on the cake
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:05 AM   #270
T_B

Dammit, im on the list. I hate to say it, but this car has given me more problems so far than any other new car i've purchased. This is not what i was expecting. :(
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:10 AM   #271
T_B

Wow, my vin popped up. This sucks. Most underwhelming new car experience i've ever had. totally not what i was expecting.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #272
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_B View Post
Wow, my vin popped up. This sucks. Most underwhelming new car experience i've ever had. totally not what i was expecting.
Just because the vin popped up doesnt mean that the car needs the fix.. Only some of the VINs are actually affected.. they are checking the doubtful ones and fixing the ones that actually have issues.

and whats the big fuss abt a recall. It happens with every single manufacturer. Even the bugattis.. I just think you are being a little too dramatic .. relax and everything will be fine.. and if its not no biggie, they will fix it.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:28 AM   #273
T_B

Fixing a brand new car is indeed a biggie imo. I've never purchased a new car that needed fixing withing the first month.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #274
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown450 View Post
Took mine in to see if mine had the issue ....nope so got my oil change for those interested here is what my catch can had since I installed or @ 2k miles ....I have 6k now
Can someone please explain what this catch can actually does?
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #275
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
I'm going in tomorrow......I'm hoping against hope that mine is okay. I'm having a hard time dealing with somebody yanking the engine out of my car to replace the oil pan.
So I think my car is on the list. Are you saying that if I have the pickup tube issue they have to jerk the engine out to fix it? I will be so pissed if that has to happen!

Are there any signs that you actually have the issue? Oil leaks etc?
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #276
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
So I think my car is on the list. Are you saying that if I have the pickup tube issue they have to jerk the engine out to fix it? I will be so pissed if that has to happen!

Are there any signs that you actually have the issue? Oil leaks etc?
They don't have to "jerk the engine", they have to lower the frame cradle below the engine to replace the pan.

They symptom is zero oil pressure and a blown motor........
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #277
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
They don't have to "jerk the engine", they have to lower the frame cradle below the engine to replace the pan.

They symptom is zero oil pressure and a blown motor........
Welcome to cam6 mark, glad to see you here.....to others, mark had a vette too and is more knowledgeable about car stuff than most of us here.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #278
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_B View Post
Fixing a brand new car is indeed a biggie imo. I've never purchased a new car that needed fixing withing the first month.
Is something currently wrong with it? It sounds like they want to verify if something is or is not wrong with it before something may or may not happen.

Big difference. GM is really on top of things, years ago they (and most current manufactures) would have just ignored a potential issue if they even bothered to notice it, thinking that if it breaks under warranty they will fix it then.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #279
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Taking mine in today, haven't been able to check myself for raised or engraved #'s, been sick and then my back has been acting up. The big issue is my A8 decided to start crapping out yesterday, so that is the real reason it is going in today, along with the oil pan retention bolt recall to be cleared or fixed...frustrating!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:10 AM   #280
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
A master tech wrote me last night the fix is 10 hours.....and because not every tech can do this, the lines will be long in the service dept, get signed up early.

Prelim GM PDF here, looks simple but as turk says, getting the oil pan off is labor intensive..
What is root cause of this problem? I see they now use Loctite 243. Were the pickups coming off due to inadequate torque or was Loctite not used initially?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote