Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #1
chrismarvin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Saw the 2016 camaro for the first time in person

I called up to the dealership delivering my camaro. They had a black 2SS at the Rick Hendrix City Chevrolet, with, Black 5-spoke wheels, black interior, NPP and sunroof. Not sure if it had MRC. But anyways, the experience was AWESOME. keeps replaying in my head. I'll start with saying as soon as I took a circle around it I understood what people meant when they said pictures don't do the car justice. Everything outside the car looked nice, although I would have rather seen it with no sunroof, considering mine with have the reverse mohawk. The #1 thing I wasn't sure about until I actually saw it in person were the LED signature lights. In other pictures it seemed to not have the bluish-white color that the new BMW and Audi's have. But when i got there and he turned them on it was clear they are and it gives it a nice, "luxurious" and sporty look. The wheels have a nice color, mosaic black looked very nice... other than some hand prints and scratches on the hood I noticed which I was kind of confused about. Now to the exciting part, the interior. Now, I've never been in the 5th gen so I can't really compare to that car. I havent been inside many sports cars except for the 370z, G35, my old Z28, 3 series BMW M package (not M3).. which probably wouldnt fall into the category, and last but not least and certainly the best, a Lamborghini gallardo. Now this might sound crazy and its probably because I haven't sat in enough of a variety of sports cars, but i would have to put the camaro around the 370z and Lambo.. the feeling it has to it, and the way it feels small. But it's a very good small. I know what people are talking about the visibility..It felt like I was in a race car. And to me, thats a good thing. Everything so compact and I want that in a sports car. Someone in another thread explained it as have a fighter jet feel, and it felt the same way for me. I just loved how it felt when you got inside. But moving on from that, the leather on the doors felt very high quality. Touchscreen was awesome, seats felt really comfortable, speedo and tach looked nice, steering wheel had a nice feel and the paddle's are right there.. on the wheel. (the lambo didn't even have the paddles on the wheel which is odd. Spectrum lighting is great, arm rest in a good place, seats adjust nicely. One thing I didn't pay much attention to was the seats but it was obvious there wasn't much room. Not a big deal for me. The NPP exhaust was a lot louder than I expected.. which is GREAT of course. Not sure what mode it was in considering one of the sales reps started it. I have a video I'll post of that, although the video doesn't compare to actually being there.

Overall, it was a giant tease.. It makes me so much more eager to get my Camaro in.

Here are some pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by chrismarvin; 12-10-2015 at 10:24 AM.
chrismarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #2
chrismarvin

If anyone knows how to fix the pictures from being sideways let me know please haha, in the mean time i've got a video of the exhaust that I posted on YouTube:
Old 12-10-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
yup! GREAT tease! I went to go see one the day before yesterday and I was feeling the same way!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:11 AM   #4
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I love the v8 startup so much
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I love the v8 startup so much
Hell yeah! I was sitting in the car waiting for the guy to comeback with the keys... Then pow! I guess he automatically started it cuz it even scared me lol I was just in shock at how much better it sounds in person
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
CAMARO BUD

Drives: 2010 1LT CAMARO
That's where I pre-ordered my car too hopefully they will be in soon.
CAMARO BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Guess you guys in Charlotte got them before us up here in Mooresville, mine dealer has not received any yet, including mine of course! Hopefully soon!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #8
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
That's the car I bought except no sun roof and red inserts. The red is not as bright as the C7 corvette red. It also came with the red knee inserts
This SS was the first on to come in and I would have ordered her just like this. The dealer also worked with me on the price + the GM card credits. I think this was the first one to hit the streets in the Atlanta area last week.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike502; 12-10-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
Mike502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismarvin View Post
If anyone knows how to fix the pictures from being sideways let me know please haha, in the mean time i've got a video of the exhaust that I posted on YouTube:
You have to adjust the pictures in your device . Go to crop and rotate the pictures then submit them.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #10
chrismarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
Hell yeah! I was sitting in the car waiting for the guy to comeback with the keys... Then pow! I guess he automatically started it cuz it even scared me lol I was just in shock at how much better it sounds in person
I highly agree! I think my girlfriend was startled with the sound at first, both of us never expected it to be that loud!
Old 12-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #11
chrismarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Guess you guys in Charlotte got them before us up here in Mooresville, mine dealer has not received any yet, including mine of course! Hopefully soon!
When I called up to the dealer to ask about mine that's when they told me about the one in the showroom. He also told me I should be seeing mine sometime this weekend or first of the week. But, the guy who I've been working out prices and the deposit with, said that there was a few orders ahead of mine. I'm not sure if those have already came and been picked up by the owners or are still on the way, never asked. Soon enough we will all have our cars though.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #12
Mike502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismarvin View Post
I highly agree! I think my girlfriend was startled with the sound at first, both of us never expected it to be that loud!
It's going to seem loud in the showroom. But you have your choice of loud or normal. I keep mine open in all driving modes. Love the sound and low end power for street driving. Some of these auto 8 's are getting solid 12's in the 1/4. That's quicker then the out going Z and just about as quick as the C7.
It's a C7 with a back seat. Lol
Old 12-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #13
Mike502

I might put the SS emblem on the side of the car. Replace the red white and blue small emblem . Black out the lug nuts for sure with plastic dip . I've got the SS caps on.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
chrismarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
It's going to seem loud in the showroom. But you have your choice of loud or normal. I keep mine open in all driving modes. Love the sound and low end power for street driving. Some of these auto 8 's are getting solid 12's in the 1/4. That's quicker then the out going Z and just about as quick as the C7.
It's a C7 with a back seat. Lol
I tried to flip the photos one rotation but now its uploading it weird again, oh well. I see you have the Adrenaline red! That's whats going to be in mine. I haven't seen it other than the corvette. Also yes, it did echo through the whole building haha and I will definitely have mine open all the time. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like on the road. It really is insane.. Camaro brought itself into a whole new realm of cars.