Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
V6 or V8: not much $ diff?

I owned a 13 2SS and loved it. Lotsa mods....traded it for a 14 Vette and love that car too. But its getting a bit harder to get in/out of it,due to a recent surgeries...Within next year, ill trade...

With that said, im starting inquiries on the configurator for a new 16 Camaro.

And when I config the same way , it looks like there is only $3-4k diff, is that right? Am i missing anything?

One other thing, the car is new now so no real incentives.....how long is your guess for when supplier discounts are introduced?you think maybe this summer?

Thanks in advance
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
stratt

Drives: Waiting on my 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I owned a 13 2SS and loved it. Lotsa mods....traded it for a 14 Vette and love that car too. But its getting a bit harder to get in/out of it,due to a recent surgeries...Within next year, ill trade...

And when I config the same way , it looks like there is only $3-4k diff, is that right? Am i missing anything?

One other thing, the car is new now so no real incentives.....how long is your guess for when supplier discounts are introduced?you think maybe this summer?

Thanks in advance
I was looking are 2lt rs package that was listed at $39,000. I bought my 2ss for $41,000. I spent the extra 2k on the 2ss.
stratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratt View Post
I was looking are 2lt rs package that was listed at $39,000. I bought my 2ss for $41,000. I spent the extra 2k on the 2ss.
My local dealer has a 2LT RS. Its MSRP is 40K. Yes it has every option, but who in the hell is going to pay that much for a V-6 Camaro?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:28 PM   #4
Zultain7

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post

Thanks in advance
How are you configuring it? By which i mean what options.
3000 Status on 9/3
3300 Status on 10/8
3400 Status on 10/9
3800 Status on 10/19
Delivery 12/28
Zultain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
Glen e

as close to each other as possible....the 2SS comes with a lot of bells and whistles - add those back on a RS V6, and it's not that far apart, as others have said above...
Old 12-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
My local dealer has a 2LT RS. Its MSRP is 40K. Yes it has every option, but who in the hell is going to pay that much for a V-6 Camaro?

MSRP $38,000
Old 12-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
When configured similarly, yes there is only a few thousand difference. That's expected when only comparing engines. The LT gives you the option to go without options that are standard on the SS.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #8
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Hi, Glen. I am sypathetic as it has been more than a few years since I could enter/exit a Vette comfortably.

No general incentives at the moment but Employee/Supplier Pricing is available and the Farmers discount. Don't know about USAA.

2SS has many of the bells and whistles and these are not available on the 1SS.

V6 allows for the use of regular where the V8 and turbo four need premium.

I suspect you are familiar with Becky Doyle but I will give a shout out on her behalf anyway. I know she is a couple hundred miles north of Coughlin but that can be a tolerable difference if the sales experience is right.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #9
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Hi, Glen. I am sypathetic as it has been more than a few years since I could enter/exit a Vette comfortably.

No general incentives at the moment but Employee/Supplier Pricing is available and the Farmers discount. Don't know about USAA.

I suspect you are familiar with Becky Doyle but I will give a shout out on her behalf anyway. I know she is a couple hundred miles north of Coughlin but that can be a tolerable difference if the sales experience is right.

Laborsmith
Good to see you here, ill stick with Rick, he's been really good to me and makes the delivery painless. Take a guess when they might do that credit union thing?where I get a discount?.......was that called the supplier discount?
Old 12-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #10
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I do not see that CU thing coming back. Any current or retired GM employee can get a authorization for supplier pricing for those who are not eligible for employee pricing.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #11
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Between CAFE regs and an increasingly whimpified population I expect V8s to be extinct soon... I would get the V8 now while possible
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #12
Glen e

Quote:
I do not see that CU thing coming back. Any current or retired GM employee can get a authorization for supplier pricing for those who are not eligible for employee pricing.

Laborsmith

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #13
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:

Laborsmith
I love bells and whistles to but if I can get a 1ss For 40
Out the door which I'm sure I can the heck with them bells and whistles it's got the same engine
Old 12-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #14
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Well... You can buy the V8 and love it, or you can buy the V6 and spend the rest of your days asking questions on how to turn it into a V8.

Seriously, if you're asking the question... probably better opting for the V8....
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote