Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
slvrsrpnt

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Did the Zaino thing today

I know there is probably better stuff out there these days, but I've been using this for years and have grown accustomed to it.

Down the road I think I'll do black bow ties, black SS on the back bumper and a yellow SS in the grill.

1300 miles so far and enjoying the ride (had a '14 1SS and some 80's, 90's Trans Ams and a '93 Vette)

Are the black front and real spoilers and mirrors polishable? I use a matte cleaner/protector on the hood wrap.

slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
WOW! Never seen yellow look better on the Camaro.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I love Zaino. Been using it for years.

I've used Z-CS + Z6 on the mirrors and other trim with some success. Keep in mind, they may appear slightly more satin, and less matte black if you do.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
I've been using A wink since before they would ship it lol... stuff is EXCELLENT!!!
Attached Images

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #5
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Yellow looks absolutely effing gorgeous!
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #6
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
I loved Zaino for my Black 2000 SS and Yellow 2003 Cobra...

Other companies have moved on, though. Can get much better results with less work.

If you are willing to spend the time layering like Zaino needs, check out a quality Ceramic base with a Ceramic booster.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
I loved Zaino for my Black 2000 SS and Yellow 2003 Cobra...

Other companies have moved on, though. Can get much better results with less work.

If you are willing to spend the time layering like Zaino needs, check out a quality Ceramic base with a Ceramic booster.
They've got a product called Z-CS - once the car is washed, you just spray it on and wipe it off. Results are 99% the same as the pink polish. Really cool stuff.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Z-CS is a great product ...if you are still waxing in the conventional sense, you are wasting time buffing off that haze. Two coats and you are good for sev months. Since there is no hard buff off, you spend as much time getting two coats on the car if you do one coat of conventional product. Z-cs is part of the new family of products that came along about 5 to 7 years ago, which are known as wipe on/walk away products. ((WOWA)) Other polymers that are nearly identical, (in side to side test you can’t tell a difference), are black fire Crystal seal, optimum opti-seal (the first WOWA), and Ultima paint protection plus.

Carpro RELOAD is also a WOWA product, but being silica based, lasts a bit longer than the polymers listed above. However, not a major diff than the polymers.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Z-CS is a great product ...if you are still waxing in the conventional sense, you are wasting time buffing off that haze. Two coats and you are good for sev months. Since there is no hard buff off, you spend as much time getting two coats on the car if you do one coat of conventional product. Z-cs is part of the new family of products that came along about 5 to 7 years ago, which are known as wipe on/walk away products. ((WOWA)) Other ones that are nearly identical, (in side to side test you can’t tell a difference), are black fire Crystal seal, optimum opti-seal (the first WOWA), and Ultima paint protection plus.

Carpro RELOAD is also a WOWA product, but being silica based, lasts a bit longer than the polymers listed above. However, not a major diff than the polymers.
I swear by the stuff...I remember reading about the other products like Blackfire...I'm just more familiar with the Zaino brand (and I love their detail sprays).

Didn't know the category acronym: "WOWA", pretty cool!

I haven't touched the polishes (unless there are swirl marks that need buffing), since I got it.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:57 AM   #10
Glen e

All the WOWA’s Need a good polish/prepper before you put it on. And it should be by the same company that the WOWA product is. Because they become synergistic and interlock with each other. That’s just the first time. Once a WOWA product is on the car, all you need is more of the WOWA. Then maybe polish every year or two if you get the itch…The polish gets you the exceptional gloss, the WOWA then does the protecting.

The other thing I really like about W0WA products are they don’t stain any of the trim, badges or seams with white crap, and you can use it on glass, or any plastic on the car, including the wheels if you want. It can go everywhere except on the tires.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
All the WOWA’s Need a good polish/prepper before you put it on. And it should be by the same company that the WOWA product is. Because they become synergistic and interlock with each other. That’s just the first time. Once a WOWA product is on the car, all you need is more of the WOWA. Then maybe polish every year or two if you get the itch…The polish gets you the exceptional gloss, the WOWA then does the protecting.

The other thing I really like about W0WA products are they don’t stain any of the trim, badges or seams with white crap, and you can use it on glass, or any plastic on the car, including the wheels if you want. It can go everywhere except on the tires.
Biggest benefit I noticed!!
Old 12-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #12
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
I learn something every time Glen chimes in on a thread.

Might go take a look at the Z-CS stuff. I did really like the brand.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham

This is my car on the way to the Fest, after about 300 miles. The morning before, I clay-barred the surface (I always do this when I buy a new vehicle), put two coats of Z-CS, and then a spritz of their "showstopper" detail spray. No buffing/polishing.

Now, there are rubber scuffs all over from a track day at Mid Ohio I need to deal with.

Name:  IMG_6636.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  160.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6651.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  143.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6652.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  158.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6669.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  125.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6670.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  96.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6921.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  142.3 KB
Old 12-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #14
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
This is my car on the way to the Fest, after about 300 miles. The morning before, I clay-barred the surface (I always do this when I buy a new vehicle), put two coats of Z-CS, and then a spritz of their "showstopper" detail spray. No buffing/polishing.

Now, there are rubber scuffs all over from a track day at Mid Ohio I need to deal with.
Next time you get some time, try this first after clay, the z-cs will last longer and get a bit more pop:

http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/mercha..._Code=washprep