#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #85
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Agreed. Chevy needs to stop clinging to their faded vestiges of glory, and compete with modern themes.
Do you think the Multimatic GT would've been better with a V8?

I bet it would've sold better if it came with one instead of putting the Ecoboost in it. 5.2 voodoo I think would've been a perfect fit but who knows if it would actually 'fit'
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #86
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post

I bet it would've sold better if it came with one instead of putting the Ecoboost in it. 5.2 voodoo I think would've been a perfect fit but who knows if it would actually 'fit'
Sold better? The limiting factor for sales right now is how quickly they can get built, which is about 1 per day. Even then, Mutimatic had a hard time hitting those numbers at first. Then there is the overall cap that Ford put on the whole run to keep it limited and exclusive.

Point is, demand isn't the constraint; its production.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:04 PM   #87
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I'll give him that. He used "most", which is not an absolute. And "affordable" is subjective. At $75-80k, the Grand Sport is a bargain. If someone has the finances, it's price is way less than it's competitors.
No doubt the Corvette is a screaming bargain. But "bargain" and "affordable" are not the same. Something can be a bargain yet still not be affordable.

Most people cannot afford a $75-80K car.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #88
Davij217

Drives: Camaro
Ferrari and ford gt has a spawn.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #89
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:

I couldn't really say. I'd have to see it in action in different road conditions to et a better view of its performance.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #90
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Sold better? The limiting factor for sales right now is how quickly they can get built, which is about 1 per day. Even then, Mutimatic had a hard time hitting those numbers at first. Then there is the overall cap that Ford put on the whole run to keep it limited and exclusive.

Point is, demand isn't the constraint; its production.
1 per day would've fufilled their promise of 250/year. They built 89 cars for the USA in 2017 and 126 in 2018. I'd say it's a little more than manufacturing problems myself.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 04-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #91
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

No it would have sold with whatever powertrain was in it. Despite what anyone has to say about it performance wise it's a special car in automotive history just as the 04-06 GT was.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #92
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
No doubt the Corvette is a screaming bargain. But "bargain" and "affordable" are not the same. Something can be a bargain yet still not be affordable.

You're exactly right. I wasn't attempting to say that they are the same, because they are far from it. I was simply stating that for someone in the market for a car in the Grand Sport's segment, the car is definitely affordable. It's price is on the low-end of it's list of competitors. $75-80k is certainly not cheap, especially for a weekend toy. On top of that, mine sits in my garage 4-5 months out of the year, due to Pennsylvania winters.

Grand Sport competitors:
Porsche 911 GTS-~$121k
Jaguar F-Type (550hp Option)-~$102k
Mercedes SL-~$100k
Porsche Cayman GTS (only 365hp)-~$85k
Mercedes AMG GT-~$130k
Dodge Viper TA-~$121k

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #93
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Too bad it's out of the price range of most people.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #94
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

Most people don't want a Corvette! I don't think Corvettes have ever been affordable to the masses. Nothing wrong with that.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #95
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
If that's what we're going for, then the Ford GT, Vector Aeromotive W8, DeLorean DMC-12, Saleen S7, SSC Ultimate Aero and Tuatara are not Americans at all, nor do they evoke anything close to the classics, and more the Ford GT now than in Once a V8 has a V6 ...
There is nothing American about the DeLorean except for John's Name and the original sketch was done by William Collins at Pontiac.

The car was engineered by Lotus, powered by a Peugeot-Renault-Volvo motor and made in Ireland!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #96
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Most people don't want a Corvette! I don't think Corvettes have ever been affordable to the masses. Nothing wrong with that.
Absolutely right. If a new Corvette (or it's direct competitors) would cost $20,000, you'd see them on every street corner and it would diminish their allure.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 04-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #97
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No it would have sold with whatever powertrain was in it. Despite what anyone has to say about it performance wise it's a special car in automotive history just as the 04-06 GT was.
No doubt it's a special car I just think it would've been received better if it had a V8. I remember some were upset it had a V6 in it. Regardless of performance.

Something about spending $400K to get a badass road car based on a LeMans prototype running an engine used in a F150 doesn't sit well with me. But I won't be able to afford one so it's a moot point.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #98
DRKS1D3

Quote:
No doubt it's a special car I just think it would've been received better if it had a V8. I just remember some were upset it had a V6 in it. Regardless of performance.

Something about spending $400K to get a badass road car based on a LeMans prototype running an engine used in a F150 doesn't sit well with me. But I won't be able to afford one so it's a moot point.
First and foremost, I am a GM guy and I really couldn't care less about the GT (except when the ZR1 Vette beat it's time at VIR), but I enjoy chatting on here.

Ford didn't have any trouble selling the GT. They announced that 500 would be built between the '17 and '18 MY's. They received ~6,600 applications. ~6,100 people cried themselves to sleep the night they got their "rejection letter" from Ford.

As for the engine, I was shocked when Ford said it would be a TT V6, but when I heard it fire up at the press release, I was even more shocked. That is the best sounding V6 I've ever heard! Damn! Yes, the GT's EcoBoost shares some parts with the F-150's, but it is an entirely different animal built for performance. In fact, the L86 6.2L available in the Silverado has more in common with the LT1 in my Grand Sport.