#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #29
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
R888R are more intended for high performance driving on a road course (lateral grip), not for stop light drag launches (longitudinal grip).

You'd probably be better off with something like a Nitto NT555R drag radial.
Have heard that the R888R actually has pretty decent acceleration grip on the street. Agree that they were meant to be a road-racing tire.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #30
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Have heard that the R888R actually has pretty decent acceleration grip on the street. Agree that they were meant to be a road-racing tire.
Was just on one of the facebook groups and saw someone complain of them being terrible around track on his 1LE. Apparently, lots of people liked them on lighter weight cars and didn't like them on the 1LE.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #31
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
Was just on one of the facebook groups and saw someone complain of them being terrible around track on his 1LE. Apparently, lots of people liked them on lighter weight cars and didn't like them on the 1LE.
That was me, have not run them on my camaro but on E46, E90 (same set 275 squared) and C6Z they were not great. The R888 (shared compound as NT01) is a better tire than the R88R. There are better tires for the money, heck i like the GY SC3 better than R88r.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #32
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
The stock Goodyears are a great bang for the buck tire, on sale they can be had for about $1000 which isn't all that bad for big sticky tires.
I'm still working on my original set, and I have almost new set off a ZL1 waiting to go on next.
That being said, when I purchase a set of tires it will probably be the Michelin PS4s for their superior wet properties, longer tread life on the street, and I hope less rock flinging.

Also I slacked on rotating the stock GY's a little and the front tires are noisey AF now, hoping they wear themselves back into shape and quiet down some.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #33
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
What are you guys with PS4S's using for cold tire pressures for aggressive street cornering. I'm not sure if the factory recommended 32 psi for the SC3's is also good for the PS4S's since they have a different tread compound and different sidewall stiffness.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote