Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #15
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Freezing rain tomorrow.Last year it snowed on April 16.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #16
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight View Post
They cost too much to let sit for 6 months, especially if you cycle through cars every few years, then all you're doing is saving it for the next guy. I drove my Charger SRT 392 all year long and I'll drive my 1LE year round as well. A guy in my condo drives his Mclaren in the winter when the roads are clear, which is almost always in the GTA.

Up north I wouldn't drive them though, I don't think you physically could due to the amount of snow and the low front fascia

Honestly it is easy to avoid major snow, what did we have this year like 3-4 days max where you actually couldn't go outside to drive? For me really it is the amount of salt on the roads.

I feel kinda dumb buying the civic this winter and trying to sell it now, maybe next year I'll just get winter tires
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #17
Flybynight

Drives: 2015 Abarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Honestly it is easy to avoid major snow, what did we have this year like 3-4 days max where you actually couldn't go outside to drive? For me really it is the amount of salt on the roads.

I feel kinda dumb buying the civic this winter and trying to sell it now, maybe next year I'll just get winter tires

Yes the salt sucks and I cringe when driving in it but it literally takes years for it to take a toll on a new car, usually by then the car has over 200K and is having expensive mechanical issues anyways and it gets sent to the wreckers.

Say you stored and babied a 2009 Camaro SS, what's it worth? Its likely just the lowest priced SS on kijiji that some kid is going to buy and...drive year round.

If these cars end up valuable they'll restore them no matter what condition they are in just like the old muscle - that's my take anyway.

And about snowfall in the GTA you are right, I have a snowtire package on my Abarth and can count on one hand the amount of times they were actually needed, in 4 winters!
Flybynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #18
Dale Zee

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Nightfall Grey
at the end of the day, if i wanted something to drive only during the summer seasons, i would have bought my Z06 and a beater haha.

with 200Lbs of cast iron olympic weights in the trunk and snows i plowed through everything, car washes once a week for 2 bucks solved my salt issues!
Dale Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #19
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight View Post
Yes the salt sucks and I cringe when driving in it but it literally takes years for it to take a toll on a new car, usually by then the car has over 200K and is having expensive mechanical issues anyways and it gets sent to the wreckers.

Say you stored and babied a 2009 Camaro SS, what's it worth? Its likely just the lowest priced SS on kijiji that some kid is going to buy and...drive year round.

If these cars end up valuable they'll restore them no matter what condition they are in just like the old muscle - that's my take anyway.

And about snowfall in the GTA you are right, I have a snowtire package on my Abarth and can count on one hand the amount of times they were actually needed, in 4 winters!

Lol you're right. There's also a car wash near me that is subscription based, $22/month for unlimited washes or something.
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #20
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Still in hibernation.... need to get the borla xpipe and S type installed before i bring her out... I baby all my cars... from a 1983 Ford Cortina in the Caribbean right thru to my 2002 Integra Type R and now the 6Gen.... picked up a beater for less than the price of a set of winters and no regrets... this winter was particularly miserable and I recall plenty of snow...
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #21
Tayley1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Mine won't be out for another month at least. Probably 2 months by the time the sand is off our road. I put 70k on my sled yesterday! Lol
Tayley1LE is offline   Reply With Quote