Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #1
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Will CAI void warranty?

Hey guys i was wondering if my warranty will be honored or not since i have a rotofab CAI its basically my only modification to vehicle besides tail lights. My vehicle is having emissions problems p0300 and just want to know what i should expect thanks.
DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Bradd17

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 2.0T
Hey Dragon,

If you want to be on the safe side, just replace your CAI with the stock box before returning to the dealer. That code is for a random engine misfire. If it was isolated to one single cylinder with a different code, then it would be more likely to be a failed part related to ignition(spark plug/coil pack) or fuel(injector). But being a random misfire, that typically is affecting all cylinders, meaning it can be related to air intake side or a vacuum leak more likely.

Did you recently install the CAI and then get the check in? If so I would recommend checking that all the fittings are tight. I know with my CAI, I had to reseat all the hoses and then i stopped get the CEL.

**EDIT**
Forgot to say the dealer really shouldn't void your warranty for this, but it may not be covered under a warranty if they decide the CAI is setting the CEL. You may have to pay. It all depends on the dealer. Safe side is remove the CAI which unfortunately can be a PITA

ACS Aeropack, ZL1 Rockguards/Tow Hook
ZZP CAI, ZZP FMIC, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Borla Exhaust

Last edited by Bradd17; 03-14-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: additional info
Bradd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #3
Cornf1ake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Summit White
I was told it would not by my dealer. In fact I had them install mine to make it look nice. Only $80 to do so, so why not...
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd17 View Post
Hey Dragon,

If you want to be on the safe side, just replace your CAI with the stock box before returning to the dealer. That code is for a random engine misfire. If it was isolated to one single cylinder with a different code, then it would be more likely to be a failed part related to ignition(spark plug/coil pack) or fuel(injector). But being a random misfire, that typically is affecting all cylinders, meaning it can be related to air intake side or a vacuum leak more likely.

Did you recently install the CAI and then get the check in? If so I would recommend checking that all the fittings are tight. I know with my CAI, I had to reseat all the hoses and then i stopped get the CEL.

**EDIT**
Forgot to say the dealer really shouldn't void your warranty for this, but it may not be covered under a warranty if they decide the CAI is setting the CEL. You may have to pay. It all depends on the dealer. Safe side is remove the CAI which unfortunately can be a PITA
I installed my CAI back in October so its been awhile and never had a CEL when installing made sure to disconnect negative on battery when doing it back then but yeah just came back in from actually checking out my intake and everything on the intake seems fine basically took it out and put it back in just to make sure nothing was damaged and it all seemed good thanks for advice though brad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornf1ake View Post
I was told it would not by my dealer. In fact I had them install mine to make it look nice. Only $80 to do so, so why not...
Interesting thanks for letting me know aha lol you live in same city as me was it barry cullen you did that at? where im probably going for the work to be done.
DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
Cornf1ake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTTK View Post
I installed my CAI back in October so its been awhile and never had a CEL when installing made sure to disconnect negative on battery when doing it back then but yeah just came back in from actually checking out my intake and everything on the intake seems fine basically took it out and put it back in just to make sure nothing was damaged and it all seemed good thanks for advice though brad.

Interesting thanks for letting me know aha lol you live in same city as me was it barry cullen you did that at? where im probably going for the work to be done.
Yup it was Barry Cullen that did mine. My car is the White SS you may see around town. Finally decent enough weather to start driving her in the evenings.
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
on 5th Gens, it was Dealer to Dealer whether they would Void warranties. A lot of Threads on Camaro 5
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote