Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
GoodGuyGrant

Drives: '18 2SS
How to: Remove B and C pillar trim to access headliner/fin/etc..[Pics]

Hey Guys,

Didn't see this info on the forums anywhere (it may be common knowledge, but still would've helped me to have a guide) so I wanted to go ahead and share my experience on removing the trim around the B and C pillars.

My buddy had agreed to help me wrap the roof of my 6th gen black, and to do that you really need to remove the fin on the top of the car. To do this, you had to remove the headliner which involved taking off the trim covering the B and C pillars.

Starting off, you'll need a ratchet set with a 7mm and 10mm sockets, a flathead, and needle nose pliers

Take out the two trim tabs above the rear seats holding the headliner to the roof. These are a b***h and a half to get off, don't worry about using too much force. Next, turn to the B/C pillars and use the flathead to pry off the two "airbag" plastic rectangular coverings. There's a bolt behind each one (7mm), unscrew them too. Take off the piece of trim that surrounds the seatbelt hole with your hands.

Next, start from the front and just pull. There are maybe 3-4 trim tabs that keep each pillar's trim attached to the frame, and you just have to use elbow grease for this part. As long as you took the bolts off first you should be fine.

After taking those off, you can slightly pull down the headliner and expose the fin, it has two wiring harnesses. I laid in through my trunk with the back seats down on my back to get a good angle on the fin. There are two wiring harnesses, purple and yellow, that attach the fin to the car along with a 10mm bolt. The purple is easy to remove, but the yellow one for me had a pull tab to release it, covered by the black wrapping around the harness ( I ended up just pulling it aside).

After you disconnect the wiring harness and unbolt the 10mm, the fin comes through and that's it.To put it all back together, start with the fin, then do the C pillar, then B pillar trim.

Pics of the wrap attached, I ended up keeping the fin garnet, I liked the way it looked. Also blacked out the side reflectors with the extra wrap.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Wrench404

Drives: 17 1LE
Wanting to paint my fin satin black and was dreading pulling the headliner but looks simple. Thanks for sharing.
Wrench404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior customization, roof wrap, trim