Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #29
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubby View Post
Live in Tacoma and commute 3 days a week to Issaquah. Track night is coming to The Ridge Motorsports park on the 28th. Hope to see some local Camaro owners, come on out.

What kind of splitter is that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:29 AM   #30
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideZX6R View Post
Haven't been there much.

Seems like in King Co they have better things to do and/or don't want to bother with the MS/Amazon/Boeing folks
Small town cops. They like gettin' on the military folks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:49 PM   #31
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
knocking on wood hard here... but in oregon and washington ive never been stopped for front plate at all. when i was younger with a V8 s10, i did have a cop say i needed one when i was stopped for soemthing else, but i have never been stopped for just that or have i been ticketed.

I live in Vancouver and prior Portland, being big metro areas, they usually ignore these things, but the little towns surrounding me they tend to look for little things like that.
Just don't park in downtown PDX on the street. They look for cars without front plates. You're fine if you're in a private parking lot tho.
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #32
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
Just don't park in downtown PDX on the street. They look for cars without front plates. You're fine if you're in a private parking lot tho.
you are correct! i have gotten one when i lived near psu campus years ago. I forgot about that. Parking enforcement looks for all these things.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #33
Hawk Fan

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vileintent View Post
Seattle guy here. I have a ZL1 arriving in early April. I noticed a lot of you aren't sporting a front license plate, have the cops ever harassed you about it? I'm on the fence about putting one on.
I've driven my 1999 F250 for almost 20years without being bothered. Hopefully I have the same luck with my Camaro. *knocks on wood*
Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #34
Michael's 50th

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 50th
Welcome everybody ! Glad Spring is finally in the air. Almost time to play !
Michael's 50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:25 AM   #35
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
We had our little "cars'n coffee" meet with "RIDEZX6R" . His black 1LE with the wickerbill and dark tails look really nice (the color that I was initially looking for before I found my used HBM) .

On the way back home I found another '17 Camaro 1LE (Red, debadged) near Issaquah, Costco !! What are the odd right?
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #36
RideZX6R
Probably tired right now

Drives: 1Lap1LE | EV6 FE | 18 F150
Ironically enough - the guys who started this thread had his car totalled and now has an ATSV
I know this because my smoked tail lights used to be his I bought them a while back
'22 Kia EV6 First Edition
'18 RS3 (1 of 2) Cumulus Blue
'24 911 T (ordered)

Formers...
'19 RS5 Sportback Sonoma Green | '07 Cayman S 6MT | '16 Audi S3 Prestige Viper Green (APR Stage 3+) | '19 Mustang Shelby GT350R | '17 SS 1LE MBM 575whp all-motor
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #37
glamcem

I've also considered an ATS-V before my 1LE since they make crazy HP even with Stage 1 tune (kudos to twin turbo V6) but b/c the price difference and the inability to fit wider tires/wheels I decided to stick to my initial plan (1LE)
Old 04-24-2017, 03:20 AM   #38
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
We had our little "cars'n coffee" meet with "RIDEZX6R" . His black 1LE with the wickerbill and dark tails look really nice (the color that I was initially looking for before I found my used HBM) .

On the way back home I found another '17 Camaro 1LE (Red, debadged) near Issaquah, Costco !! What are the odd right?
LOL, that was me. I live right by there and was going to Home Depot. I saw you pass me!
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:11 AM   #39
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.the.great View Post
LOL, that was me. I live right by there and was going to Home Depot. I saw you pass me!
Wow, what a coincidence! you should come to our next cars and coffee meet Have you decided to keep the car? If so bring it to track days some time
Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #40
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Wow, what a coincidence! you should come to our next cars and coffee meet Have you decided to keep the car? If so bring it to track days some time
let me know next time you guys meet, and i'll be there! i did decide to keep the car, it just kept growing on me. life is just too short to only own boring cars. i do drive my wife's Odyssey more now than before. i just saw Doug yesterday for a transmission and rear diff fluid change. thank god I had the ZL1 bolt on jack points, or else it would have been a pain to get it on the lift. let me know when the track days are, and i'll do my best. i have 4 kids which includes twins under the age of 6 months, so it'll be a challenge at this time, but i'll do my best.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:25 PM   #41
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.the.great View Post
let me know next time you guys meet, and i'll be there! i did decide to keep the car, it just kept growing on me. life is just too short to only own boring cars. i do drive my wife's Odyssey more now than before. i just saw Doug yesterday for a transmission and rear diff fluid change. thank god I had the ZL1 bolt on jack points, or else it would have been a pain to get it on the lift. let me know when the track days are, and i'll do my best. i have 4 kids which includes twins under the age of 6 months, so it'll be a challenge at this time, but i'll do my best.
hey, I'm glad for you man. I am very happy with my decision, this is the best performance car for the money. I will keep that in mind for the next meet. I also have two boys who fight all the time so I am glad I can fit them in the back for a quick ride

I was there at Chase Race on this past Thursday for the alignment. Doug did a great job maxing out of the camber with my aftermarket wheels and actually fixed what the other place did wrong (toe out in the rear and misreadings, it was way off before). Hopefully they'll stay that way

I have 3 other events that I am planning to attend this month May 12th at the Ridge, 20th at the ORP and 24th at the Ridge again. Let me know if you think you can make it to any of those. I am an instructor at ORP and have 40% off voucher for the first timers ORP requires a one night stay at the hotel but it's well worth it as it's the very best track in the area IMHO. an a nice scenic trip also
Old 05-05-2017, 02:41 AM   #42
Hawk Fan

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Camaro
Finally! I have my car back in one piece!

Another NW CAMARO guy here! I thought I would share some pics of my baby!
When I took deliver about a month ago. The paint was scratched from the wash job. Also had chip in the door, hood and the vinyl had bubbles. They repained the door and hood, installed new vinyl and buffed the entire car. That didnt take out all the scratches so they wet sanded the deeper scratches. Including the entire trunk lid. I thought I would share some pics since its finished now. Only Mod so far is window tint. i would love to do a track day once the car is broke in and prepped for the track. I have never done a track day with a car before. So I am really looking forward to seeing what its like!

Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote