Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #15
Neverenuff

Drives: '17 2SS A8 Nav NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rknapp12 View Post
Neverenuff, that's exactly where it is. Mine seems to be in the middle of the right rear. How did you fix the problem? Do you need to remove the diffuser?
I haven't fixed it yet. I found the cause of the noise by accident when I was installing my exhaust. When I first noticed the noise I thought it was the styrofoam in the trunk. After I ruled that out, I figured it had to be the rear exhaust hangers/isolators and replaced them. I would have never guessed that the sound was coming from the rear diffuser. I'm going to get under there this weekend and spray some silicone lubricant on the fasteners and see if that helps. I will post the results.
2017 Summit White 2SS | A8 | Nav | MRR M017's | Nitto NT555 G2's 285/30, 305/30 | GM Strut Tower Brace | Gloss Black GM Front Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | Black front Bowtie rear Bowtie delete | Oracle LED Side Markers | Roto Fab CAI | SEMA grill | Borla S-Type axle back | Borla X Pipe/Mid Pipe w/2nd cat deletes | Power Stop Z26 pads | BMR sway bars & end links, upper/lower trailing arms, upper control arms, chassis braces | ACS ZL1 style rockers | OEM ZL1 rear spoiler | ZL1 start button | Mishimoto catch can | ZL1 6 Pots w/2 piece 390mm rotors | Valentine 1 hard wired | Husky Liners |
Neverenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #16
DanielG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
This what it sounds like

Please review link, is this what your car sounded like?

https://youtu.be/FfLjG57WtOQ
DanielG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #17
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I noticed that noise got significantly more obvious when I installed the coilovers in my car. The shocks are more stiffer, so maybe that's why the noise intensified. Maybe it's a suspension component?
SSDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #18
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Every time I drive my car I hear a new squeak. Usually plastic on plastic stuff. LOVE the car, but wish GM did a better job at QA and engineering the interior noises.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #19
sludaddy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (HB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
I've got a new creak when I accelerate or let off the gas. Sounds like the body seam is creaking. Maybe the seat rocking back and forth. It just started so I'll try to figure it out. Maybe the door striker plate needs grease?
Hey guys just took my 2017 1LE in for this exact problem. The creaking sound seemed to originate from the passenger back seat area just below where the seat belt retracts into the C post. Drove me bonkers. Easy to replicate, creak when accelerating, creak when letting of gas. Was like driving a rocking chair. I ripped out the interior from the back seat to trunk. Lubed up all friction points I could underneath the car. I finally threw in the towel and took it to dealer today. They were able to hear the sound, did some research and found a service bulletin that fit my problem to a tee. There are 3 spot welds that weren't performed during manufacturing to the inner body which result in body flex and the creaking sound. The fix is to drill out 3 3/16 holes from inside the car and weld them proper. My car is supposed to be done tomorrow. I will report the results.
sludaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #20
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludaddy View Post
Hey guys just took my 2017 1LE in for this exact problem. The creaking sound seemed to originate from the passenger back seat area just below where the seat belt retracts into the C post. Drove me bonkers. Easy to replicate, creak when accelerating, creak when letting of gas. Was like driving a rocking chair. I ripped out the interior from the back seat to trunk. Lubed up all friction points I could underneath the car. I finally threw in the towel and took it to dealer today. They were able to hear the sound, did some research and found a service bulletin that fit my problem to a tee. There are 3 spot welds that weren't performed during manufacturing to the inner body which result in body flex and the creaking sound. The fix is to drill out 3 3/16 holes from inside the car and weld them proper. My car is supposed to be done tomorrow. I will report the results.
This is by far the worst car I've ever had relating to quality "CONTROL". I emphasize "control" because if someone was doing thier job, this car would be a runaway best in class. Way to many creaks, rattles, fit finish and minor programming / mechanical issues. These issues tarnish the fantastic performance characterstics of the car.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #21
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Quote:
There are 3 spot welds that weren't performed during manufacturing to the inner body which result in body flex and the creaking sound
Are you kidding me? Hopefully they catch mine on fire while welding it and i can get rid of this rattle trap! It is driving me insane! I bought this so I would not drive my Cayman R as much..I wish I would have kept my '15, it had almost no issues.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #22
sludaddy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (HB)
Quote:
Result report: Creaking noise solved. The fix was applied and I joyfully drove the car home without any creaking noise whatsoever. After further diagnosis, the squeak came from panels that are near the rear seat back hinge. My issue was on the passenger side only. My dealer did an awesome job with sticking with it and coordinating with GM for the resolution. I could not be happier.
sludaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #23
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Result report: Creaking noise solved. The fix was applied and I joyfully drove the car home without any creaking noise whatsoever. After further diagnosis, the squeak came from panels that are near the rear seat back hinge. My issue was on the passenger side only. My dealer did an awesome job with sticking with it and coordinating with GM for the resolution. I could not be happier.
can you be a little more specific on the repair as in what they did to the panels etc... thank you..
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #24
EarthToGreg

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
My creaking noise was recently fixed. Although, there does seem to still be a faint creak, especially on harder pulls. Not sure if I’m just fixating at this point though, since it is 10x’s better than before I took it in for the dealer to fix
EarthToGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #25
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
^ The fix was????
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #26
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
I have two problems, 1 a creak when I accelerate and 2 a squeak when the cars warned up and the rear suspension goes up and down just like the video that was posted in this thread. Problem 2 was the rear parking brake cables / isolator where theres a 1/16th in piece of steel welded to the frame and bent to hold the cable/ isolator in place. When you push on the suspension this would move slightly and squeak. I cleaned and lubed this part and all is good. Just follow the cables from the rear brakes and youll see what im talking about. Then move it with your hand while under the car. Problem number 1 with the creak im still trying to find. I hear it could be from under the rear seat, a piece of seat pan that is not glued or welded, but i have to check!!
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:40 AM   #27
soldes

Drives: car
Mine started squeaking yesterday. like you described exactly like two pieces of styrofoam rubbed together. It did get louder with the back seat down. I wedged the jack tray, didn't help as mentioned before. The sound which sounded similar occured when i pushed the left and rear vertical panels. At the top near the rear trunk opening there's a pine tree clip in the vertical direction, they got probably got dislodged. Snapped them back in place and I couldn't hear the squeaking anymore this morning.
Another place to look at maybe?
Nick
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #28
Rknapp12

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Soldes- Any way you can post a picture of this. Is it in the cabin or in the trunk?
Rknapp12 is offline   Reply With Quote