Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #71
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
For reference - I am making over 700wheel on a bone stock LT1 (stock intake, TB, stock headers, stock cam) with a centrifugal at 9.5lbs of boost. LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, secondary cat delete, pump E85 with meth injection turning on at 6lbs of boost. The meth isn't needed to fuel it, but is being used for octane / temp control. I can run it on strait E85 but we would be in the 630-640 range.

The misconception I am seeing in this conversation is people are relating boost with cylinder pressure, which higher numbers doesn't mean higher combustion pressure. The type of fuel and timing figure into that.

That being said - my tuner would have had no problem pushing my car into the 12lb area (and probably close to 800hp) on a stock LT1 had I had headers on the car. We were pulleyed for 14lbs with the stock manifolds and were making 745wheel at 5700rpm, but without the headers he was thinking the cylinder pressure was going to get us into DET issues. We may be going down that road mid-summer with headers and pulleys for 12lbs and try to hit 800hp on a stock LT1.
Thats weird. Alky injection should give you more power than e alone. When others have added alky injection to e85 they have gained substantially. Did I misunderstsnd your post?

I am going through something similar on my other LT1 build right now. Because it's my daily driver, I am trying to decide if I add blower and fuel and call it a day around 600whp (93 at 8psi)...or, do I add the cam (cant help it, every time I get in the Camaro, the sound of the cam makes me smile). If I add the cam, I can easily run 700whp. I didn't choose the cam for power purposes...I chose the cam because when my car is running it sounds bad ass.

I am leaning toward the Super Street Brawler.

Btw @Ted Jannetty, that can sounds amazing in your video.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #72
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Food for thought..

My car: zl1 Lt4 1.7L blower, ATI 9.2 balancer, CAI, and headers. Dynoed 659 rwhp

Wifes car: SS LT1, 2300 blower, Aux DSX, LT4 injectors, headers and CAI..

We had our cars worked on at the same time in feb.. dynoed with in 2 hours of each other both manual 6, both same fuel system, same dyno, she has a better blower. (Moves more air and iats where better since I was over spinning mine)

Lower compression wins when you can turn up the boost agreed..

Higher compression wins if you have a fuel system and octane.

But in the LT Direct injection running on 93 lower seems better..the blowers can out perform the fuel sytem.

Look at the Street Brawler by Jannety. 735 on a SS with cam and maggi2300, on zl1s it's in the 800s.
If you are going in the motor to put in new rods and pistons anyway, keep the compression high because you just took the weak link out of the equation.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #73
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Thats weird. Alky injection should give you more power than e alone. When others have added alky injection to e85 they have gained substantially. Did I misunderstsnd your post?
Correct - the meth injection was worth about 80hp - it allowed for a lot more timing. However I do not have to run it to keep the engine alive as I have enough fuel supply with the s/c and e85 as it is, it just won't make as much power. It's not "meth dependent"
Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #74
Hilltopper

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2017 Z06/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post

I am going through something similar on my other LT1 build right now. Because it's my daily driver, I am trying to decide if I add blower and fuel and call it a day around 600whp (93 at 8psi)...or, do I add the cam (cant help it, every time I get in the Camaro, the sound of the cam makes me smile). If I add the cam, I can easily run 700whp. I didn't choose the cam for power purposes...I chose the cam because when my car is running it sounds bad ass.

I am leaning toward the Super Street Brawler.

Btw @Ted Jannetty, that can sounds amazing in your video.
Interestingly enough, I just deleted my Meth Injection, LT4 HPFP and Injectors and installed the Lingenfelter K-DI injectors and Big Bore HPFP. Horespower after the swap and tune updates were almost identical, even a little higher than it dyno'd with meth. TQ was down a bit, but I was very surprised by this. I really expected to leave some power on the table......especially with the 93 pump gas tune.

2018 ZL1, Kong Ported LT4 SC, Kooks 2" Headers and X-Pipe, NW103mm TB, ATI Underdrive Pulley 673/688, 2017 Z06/Z07, Kong Ported LT4 SC, Kooks 2" Headers and X-Pipe, NW103mm TB, IW 18% Underdrive Pulley 640/664, 2019 Mustang GT Perf Pkg. 1
Hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #75
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Correct - the meth injection was worth about 80hp - it allowed for a lot more timing. However I do not have to run it to keep the engine alive as I have enough fuel supply with the s/c and e85 as it is, it just won't make as much power. It's not "meth dependent"
Where you at with hp and what you have done for fuel mods.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #76
DorkMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Where you at with hp and what you have done for fuel mods.
LT1 engine, LT4 HPFP & LT4 Injectors
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #77
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Nice looks good.. on 93 that would be 620 maybe. I bet if you had 10:1 compression you could be 700s and with meth easy 8s.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #78
StormSS
Banned

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Just finished another JRE Super Street Brawler package on 93 octane.

https://www.facebook.com/jannettyrac...1693976464327/
Ted do you have a package like this that uses the Procharger? Or a similar package without the flex fuel option. What safe hp could I expect if I used most of the stock 2018 SS parts without pushing its limit to where problems could come into the picture?

Last edited by StormSS; 04-04-2019 at 04:21 PM.
StormSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #79
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
What did the injector pulse width and rail pressure look like on E85 with the methanol system turned off, compared to E85 with the methanol system turned on? Your dyno sheet was E85 plus methanol system wasn't it?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #80
DorkMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
What did the injector pulse width and rail pressure look like on E85 with the methanol system turned off, compared to E85 with the methanol system turned on? Your dyno sheet was E85 plus methanol system wasn't it?
My numbers were on E85 with the Alky kit on (two 10# nozzles)

I don't have a log file from the tune session, and we never ran it E85 / no meth. He tuned on 91, flipped on the meth and it picked up 70hp. We then started pouring in the E85 to raise the E content to the upper 60s. Never ran it without the meth turned on - however my tuner thinks we have plenty of head room left to run without meth
Old 07-31-2019, 12:10 AM   #81
DorkMissile

Quote:
Sorry this took so long to come full circle, just remembered to post this data after saving some log files.

Did some pulls tonight (1433DA), nothing on the setup has changed. 3rd gear roll-in from 55mph, shift to 4th and back into full WOT.

Rail Pressure holds north of 2000psi for about 9s, then will nose to 1850 before the shift. Back up to 2800 and will taper slightly until redline in 4th with pressure above 2000. I wouldn't want it to get any lower in 3rd.

I feel that I am pretty much max capacity on E85 on LT4 fueling, but it would be hard for me to get the fuel rate up high enough in the lower gears to run out of pump, and it would be hard to do a pull long enough to nose the pressure over in a gear higher than 3rd. Redline in 4th is pretty much 145mph.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:19 AM   #82
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Sorry this took so long to come full circle, just remembered to post this data after saving some log files.

Did some pulls tonight (1433DA), nothing on the setup has changed. 3rd gear roll-in from 55mph, shift to 4th and back into full WOT.

Rail Pressure holds north of 2000psi for about 9s, then will nose to 1850 before the shift. Back up to 2800 and will taper slightly until redline in 4th with pressure above 2000. I wouldn't want it to get any lower in 3rd.

I feel that I am pretty much max capacity on E85 on LT4 fueling, but it would be hard for me to get the fuel rate up high enough in the lower gears to run out of pump, and it would be hard to do a pull long enough to nose the pressure over in a gear higher than 3rd. Redline in 4th is pretty much 145mph.
What is your low side pressure doing when your rail pressure is dropping? Your rail pressures make me nervous IMO... Also, what is your injector open time? I feel like these discussions should layout all 3 fuel system values (low side, high side, injector time) when evaluating fuel system performance.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:51 AM   #83
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Sounds to me like the fuel system is not really keeping up. You should check the injector pulse width.

Also, was this test using your 2 methanol nozzles, or no methanol injection?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:43 AM   #84
DorkMissile

Quote:
Sounds to me like the fuel system is not really keeping up. You should check the injector pulse width.

Also, was this test using your 2 methanol nozzles, or no methanol injection?

Under full load on the longest of pulls, PW will max at 6.8ms, low side is above 50psi across the board (is a stock 1LE / ZL1 pump)

I always run the meth, but it is minimal usage. I use between a quart to two on a weekend of hard racing (roll and dig - 400 to 500 miles of driving)