Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
LoCCoDEEZ

Drives: 2014 V6/RS
2016 got flooded.

Hello everyone.

Took me a while to post because of the sheer anger I have had over the past hour. So long story short. Yesterday, NC recieved flash flooding and I was at a hotel parked. The water rose to record levels, and let's just say my car got really wet. The water cam high enough to get inside my car and sit in my exhaust. When I came out the following day I noticed all the muddy water inside and my drivers seat got wet as well. When I started my car water came shooting out of the tail pipes. After a while it worked ok. But I am reaching out to see if anyone has experienced this and what is my next course of action. Don't think anything mechanically is damaged, but definitely the inside is wet. I have called my insurence to start claim but wacted to see if someone here had some good advice.

Thanks in advance...
LoCCoDEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
KoolHyperBlue

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS -NPP,Mag Ride
Wow , that sucks so much and good luck with fixing her up and the cleaning
KoolHyperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Make sure your insurance does a full inspection. Flood cars have a way of having problems 1 to 3 years down the road.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
If the water was high enough to get your seat wet, then there's a good chance a lot of electrical components got wet as well. Keep that in mind.

E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #5
LoCCoDEEZ

I figured as much. But everything is still working. One thing I have noticed, and not sure if it was prior, but my dual mode exaust seems to only come out of the putter pipes. No matter what drive mode I am in.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That's bad. There are a lot of components from the seat down that I wouldnt want under water. That car would be a total loss for me. There are just too many things down the road that could be affected. We run into this all the time with basements flooding in houses and going over furnaces. You dry them out and many times they work only to have issues a year or two down the road.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #7
pete1077

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Some insurance companies would total the car with that much water even if it seems to run ok. They would rather total it and be done with it instead of repairing it and being stuck with and issues down the road. If it was my car, if push for it to be to totaled.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #8
LoCCoDEEZ

Totalled. Really. I hope not. It was only submerged a lil bit up to where the bottom door seal is. That's definitely not good.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #9
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCCoDEEZ View Post
Totalled. Really. I hope not. It was only submerged a lil bit up to where the bottom door seal is. That's definitely not good.
Your post read like it was over the bottom of the driver seat. That is a big difference than just over the bottom door seal. Have them pull the carpet, dry every thing out well, replace the carpet and the power seat frames and motors, then hope it didnt get anywhere else important. I could be basis. I had a know flood car that I bought dirt cheap. That was a huge mistake. It was always something.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #10
LoCCoDEEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your post read like it was over the bottom of the driver seat. That is a big difference than just over the bottom door seal. Have them pull the carpet, dry every thing out well, replace the carpet and the power seat frames and motors, then hope it didnt get anywhere else important. I could be basis. I had a know flood car that I bought dirt cheap. That was a huge mistake. It was always something.
My mistake. I do know the stuff under the seat got wet. But when I say the bottom. Because of how my seat was angled. It got wet a lil bit.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #11
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCCoDEEZ View Post
My mistake. I do know the stuff under the seat got wet. But when I say the bottom. Because of how my seat was angled. It got wet a lil bit.
Yeah, all the componets under the seat should be replaced. Dirty water is very damaging.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #12
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Your insurance company may total the car for sure because all of the electrical connects and plugs that are the inside and on the underside of the car that might be damaged from the water. But if you can drive it then it might be repaired. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #13
HCGxKaLiBeR

Drives: 2018 Audi S4/2016 Carmaro 2SS
As long as the water did not touch the ECU in your trunk, fuse box in your engine bay, you will be fine. Lift up the cover in your trunk and check.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #14
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR View Post
As long as the water did not touch the ECU in your trunk, fuse box in your engine bay, you will be fine. Lift up the cover in your trunk and check.
Not true at all. There are hundreds of components, wiring and connections that can cause huge pains down the road.