Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
pete1077

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
This is really tragic, so ugly.

But to hold another responsible/liable is just not right either. What a cop out. Whatever happen to personal responsibility?

My heart goes out to those who lost their loved ones.
There are dram shop laws that can hold the owner of an establishment responsible for damage/injuries caused by a patron having too much to drink. The rationale is a bar should know when a person had too much to drink and stop serving them.

I completely disagree with that since it takes away personal accountability. If you are old enough to drink legally, you are old enough to know the dangers of drinking and driving.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:55 PM   #16
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Nobody is surviving that.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #17
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
I don't know if this car is cursed or what, but I have never been in so many near bad accidents with any car I have owned, and its not my fault either, it just seems like people are driving crazy or not paying attention, I invested in 3 cameras for my SS, just to record everything around me should I be in an accident, its crazy cant count the number of times already in this car I have been almost rear ended. I find very inexperienced drivers in these cars to that are getting into these type accidents.. just be careful out there.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #18
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredslayer View Post
I don't know if this car is cursed or what, but I have never been in so many near bad accidents with any car I have owned, and its not my fault either, it just seems like people are driving crazy or not paying attention, I invested in 3 cameras for my SS, just to record everything around me should I be in an accident, its crazy cant count the number of times already in this car I have been almost rear ended. I find very inexperienced drivers in these cars to that are getting into these type accidents.. just be careful out there.
i second this. this ford expedition rear ended someone and stopped him dead in his track literally a couple feet infront of me. thank god i swerved out into a right turning lane which happend to be unoccupied. i should be smart and invest in a dashcam as well. do you have one upfront, sides, and back?

OT: RIP to the driver, sad to see someone be their own victim. i dont think the car could be scrapped for parts.
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #19
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcar16 View Post
i second this. this ford expedition rear ended someone and stopped him dead in his track literally a couple feet infront of me. thank god i swerved out into a right turning lane which happend to be unoccupied. i should be smart and invest in a dashcam as well. do you have one upfront, sides, and back?

OT: RIP to the driver, sad to see someone be their own victim. i dont think the car could be scrapped for parts.
I have a dash cam yes, and bought two 360 degree cameras, one on top and one on the back, I'm covered all the way around, amazon has pretty good 360 cameras that aren't bad.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #20
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The fire department/medics most likely used the jaws of life to peel the car apart so they could get him out, then the pieces were just thrown/dumped down on the ground there at the junk yard in random fashion.

Jaws of life have 10,000 psi cutting and spreading strength. They can peel a Mack truck into pieces in seconds.
Yea I considered that too. What puzzled me was why they would have chosen to cut the car apart that way however. In most extrications I have seen they will cut the A pillars and then the B, C pillar peeling the roof off. The one shot seems to show the forward portion of the quarter panel and door strike area near the rear quarter window. Cutting down to the rocker from just behind the roof would seem to have been a tremendous amount of effort just to get the roof off. Maybe the wreck demolished so much of the passenger side it was not that much holding it together at that point. Incredible mess.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #21
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Yea I considered that too. What puzzled me was why they would have chosen to cut the car apart that way however. In most extrications I have seen they will cut the A pillars and then the B, C pillar peeling the roof off. The one shot seems to show the forward portion of the quarter panel and door strike area near the rear quarter window. Cutting down to the rocker from just behind the roof would seem to have been a tremendous amount of effort just to get the roof off. Maybe the wreck demolished so much of the passenger side it was not that much holding it together at that point. Incredible mess.

Well it all depends on how the car was wrapped around the pole or tree. At 80 MPH my guess is the medics had to try a couple different angles.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #22
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Well it all depends on how the car was wrapped around the pole or tree. At 80 MPH my guess is the medics had to try a couple different angles.
Yep. If the motor decides to take itself out you can bet this was no easy job. Except for a few pieces. Barely recognizeable. In the link it says cost of repair is $61,000. Uh I think I'll pass.

Last edited by Heavymetal454; 07-09-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #23
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Just imagine what wrecks on the autobahn look like.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #24
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Damn- sad and unfortunate. So preventable.
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:40 AM   #25
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredslayer View Post
Good idea. Do you know if any radar detectors with built in Dash cams? I have this car 4 days now and had to take invasive action 5 times! I think most of these people are on pharma drugs.
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:57 AM   #26
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So a guy goes to several bars and the last place to serve him gets busted? What if he only had one or two drinks in that place? They have no idea where he was, what he was doing or how many drinks he had before he got there unless he was visibility impaired at which case he shouldn't have been served at all.

Last edited by motorhead; 07-10-2016 at 07:52 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #27
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1077 View Post
I completely disagree with that since it takes away personal accountability. If you are old enough to drink legally, you are old enough to know the dangers of drinking and driving.
I'm not picking on you personally, pete, but unless a person is keeping those two activities completely separate it just isn't that simple.

The problem is that it's way too easy for that [presumed] adult level of judgment to disappear after having "a couple". Basically, you might be old enough according to your birth date and a little math that you normally possess adequate judgment, but at that moment in the middle of your "this is the drink that's the one too many" you don't functionally have it . . . probably not even the ability to recognize that you might actually be into the drink that's the start of "too many".

Hence the need for observation by others not so impaired, who need to have some experience evaluating the condition of intoxication in others.

Norm
Old 07-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #28
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So a guy goes to several bars and the last place to serve him gets busted? What if he only had one or two drinks in that place? They have no idea where he was, what he was doing or how many drinks he had before he got there unless he was visibility impaired at which case he shouldn't have been served at all.
I believe there will always be those who seek to pass blame but to put things in perspective consider this. I could go to a liquor store and bring home a large quantity of alcohol. If I were to drink far too much and become impaired we can't blame the store for selling it to me. The vast majority of cases probably don't happen this way which is to say most drunk driving accidents don't start in the home they start elsewhere. Since drinking is a social activity most drunk drivers are likely at a public place and as such they are more visible as impairment sets in. The owners and staff of those personnel "share" some responsibility to safeguard everyone by not " contributing" to that level of impairment. I'm being very specific here since I believe the majority of responsibility is on the person. You simply don't keep drinking until you lose all rational thought. If you don't anticipate the onset of intoxication beforehand you're not really in control and you shouldn't be drinking in the first place. Drinking responsibly entails knowing what you're drinking and not exceeding what your body can handle without a plan whether it's getting a ride, having another driver or allowing sufficient time to pass which could be quite a while. In any case getting drunk shouldn't be a surprise, like holy cow, I'm drunk, how did that happen? Shop owners have the advantage of bring in a position to choose to serve you or not. Even the server knows what's on the tab and after how much time. It's important for them to help guide you in the right direction. That's all. They are protecting you and the rest of us who aren't drinking at the same time.

Last edited by Heavymetal454; 07-10-2016 at 09:31 AM.