Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 12-31-2020, 12:23 AM   #267
shogun37

Drives: none
> blind side detection and side mirrors are situated perfectly.

The 1SS doesn't have those and A-piller visibility is the major weak spot. So lane changes are dicey.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:32 AM   #268
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCal View Post
Had a fiesta st a while back. Fun city car but high center of gravity and significant cooling issues Ford never cared to address for me. Limp mode in traffic in 100 degree weather, while canyon driving etc. was constantly having to run full heat on la summers thru the vents jsut to make it home. This was Stock and with a stage 1 tune. Dealerships told me I needed aftermarket radiators to remedy the problem which just isn’t acceptable.

That combined with seeing chevy pump out amazing performance deal after amazing deal made me swear off Ford for a while. Just had way too many issues and terrible experiences with their reps.

Was looking at gt350s after my first ss but was seeing an insane amount of issues with the oil pump and blown motors. Once again no real effort from Ford to address the root cause so no way I was buying that as a track car.

Then killing the fiesta st and pumping out a joke of a edge st was like ??

Mustang pp2 is also more expensive than 1le and is just an objectively worse performance/ track car

I do think chevy has really dropped th ball on marketing these cars. They make better muscle cars than Ford and yet can’t market and name them for shit so Ford constantly has waiting lists for their cars and people paying over sticker. Dodge too with a charger based on a 1990s e class.

IMO chevy needs to name these cars better and push them directly at the competition not just rely on us informed buyers to see them demolishing cars 3x the price in performance tests. Should’ve named 1le like something equivalent to boss etc. I get the history of the package naming and think it’s cool but it might have cost us a 7th gen. Just a shame how much they’re getting outsold after creating such a brilliant car in the 6th gen for such a screaming deal

If Ford brought back a hatchback version of the Mustang 5.0 do you think it would sell well? If they made a 5.0 Hatchback again and it was lighter and such I would be tempted to bite if I was looking.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:35 AM   #269
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post

The 1SS doesn't have those and A-piller visibility is the major weak spot. So lane changes are dicey.

I really don't know why they designed the Camaro and Challenger with bad blind spots. As for me I positioned my mirrors and bought one of those long blind spot mirrors and always look to my left still when passing. Passing to my right isn't a issue in the Camaro because looking to your right side you can see fine out of the car. My 2012 Mustang no issues with visibility. Didn't even need to use the side mirror.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:42 PM   #270
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Same reason I don't date ugly girls.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:51 PM   #271
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:53 PM   #272
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post

I must be tired already or misunderstand something, but how is the A pillar even a factor during lane changes? It blocks only a slice of the view of even the shortest cars in neighboring lanes.

Also, setting the side mirrors correctly means you have no blind spots on the highway, as cars leave the rearview mirror they are already showing in the side mirror. One always has to pay attention anyway in case someone else also wants to change into the same lane from the other side.

The one single "slightly dicey" maneuver is when turning left or sitting at a break in the median waiting to merge left at an obtuse angle, and even that is because of the big ass C pillar (nothing to do with A), requiring some head wiggling and peeking. Okay, I'll give you that turning right and not clipping the curb is a bit more difficult than in an Escalade, but it's expected, this is a low sitting sports car.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:05 PM   #273
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I must be tired already or misunderstand something, but how is the A pillar even a factor during lane changes? It blocks only a slice of the view of even the shortest cars in neighboring lanes.

Also, setting the side mirrors correctly means you have no blind spots on the highway, as cars leave the rearview mirror they are already showing in the side mirror. One always has to pay attention anyway in case someone else also wants to change into the same lane from the other side.

The one single "slightly dicey" maneuver is when turning left or sitting at a break in the median waiting to merge left at an obtuse angle, and even that is because of the big ass C pillar (nothing to do with A), requiring some head wiggling and peeking. Okay, I'll give you that turning right and not clipping the curb is a bit more difficult than in an Escalade, but it's expected, this is a low sitting sports car.
The whole “can’t see shit” is a lame excuse. I heard it was a concern when I first test drove my SS, and I somewhat agreed, but it was short lived. It took me literally a day to get used to it.

I do feel the collision alert is nice to have.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 12-31-2020 at 07:29 PM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:04 PM   #274
TruFan1LE

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
People could say they didn't buy a mustang for whatever reason, but it all boils down to personal preference. They both had and have different issues that stick out to each individual that caused them to go the other way. For me it was the mustang's transmission issue around the mid 90's. I almost bought a manual GT but I knew someone that had an auto GT that never drove it due to the aforementioned issue. The 93 Cobra had the best tranny and at that time not many were on the market(worth buying, IMO). Not to stereotype anyone but my nephew has a mustang(2nd due to accident) and well, he drives like a mustang owner(based on the mustang fail videos on youtube. When I saw the 5th Gen SS 1LE, I said that was the car I had to have. I put it off then the 6th gen came out and I knew that I had to get 1 by any means necessary. I started my search and I found a 19 2SS 1LE with sunroof. The day I went to get the car it was sold the day before. Then I found a 21 1SS 1LE for less. This car IMO, among other things, is the best looking CAMARO ever.
TruFan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #275
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Seems the trunk in my Camaro is more more narrow than my 2015 GT's trunk.

Not getting this scope in any car no matter how big.
Attached Images

CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:17 AM   #276
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Seems the trunk in my Camaro is more more narrow than my 2015 GT's trunk.

We’ve got to hang out some time.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #277
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Why didn't I buy a Mustang GT? Because Ford doesn't have any cool commercials. Sorry, couldn't resist!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:29 AM   #278
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I honesty tried to buy a Mustang GT. My agent source one for me, I gave him the money to pick it up for me. Later he returned with a look of disbelief and sadness on his face, that's hard to do. And he had the money that I gave him in hand. Turned out that when he went to pick it up from the dealer a lot mutt tried to pick up with a forklift but misjudged where the rocker panel was and ran the blades through the driver door. The dealer told my agent that they had another door and did I want it? I declined because the door was white and the car was red. There would be paint matching and what about the electrical in the door. I ended up with the Camaro I now have as a replacement car.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:41 AM   #279
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
If I was getting a newer cat I would go for a mustang. New ones look really nice and those coyote engines are so easy to make a ton of power. But the 5th gen is the nicest looking car and always wanted one since I saw it in transformers. One day when my car turns into a track car over a daily driver I may get a mustang or a pickup or a charger or ctsv lol. So many nice cars out now
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:32 PM   #280
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Can't you just steal cable from your neighbor like a normal person instead of watching shows on that hot-broad's TV 3 miles away on the 17 floor high-rise who likes to leave her curtains open?
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote