Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 05-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #15
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
I'm sure you or the tire place have, but did you spray around / in the valve stem? its rare, but sometimes the little needle thing inside the stem isn't screwed in all the way.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:00 PM   #16
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
He inflated the tire to 48psi...
If he went to 48 psi it may have popped the bead into position.

on a side note...
Your detailer does tires on the side? pretty sure the balancer has to be calibrated at certain intervals. Usually the mounting machine and balancer equipment is kinda pricey and you need the volume to justify the expense.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:27 PM   #17
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
I'm sure you or the tire place have, but did you spray around / in the valve stem? its rare, but sometimes the little needle thing inside the stem isn't screwed in all the way.
Yeah, he sprayed the valve stems multiple times. They tried to tighten the needle thing but it was already tight. Everything is ok now. It’s a very small leak so I guess I have to wait a couple of weeks to see if it’s still leaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
If he went to 48 psi it may have popped the bead into position.

on a side note...
Your detailer does tires on the side? pretty sure the balancer has to be calibrated at certain intervals. Usually the mounting machine and balancer equipment is kinda pricey and you need the volume to justify the expense.
Jack Williams was going to do it for free, but last time they scratched all four wheels. Didn’t want to deal with that headache again lol. My detailer has a touchless machine and has mounted/balanced several vehicles with no issues. It’s not impossible that the bead didn’t seal properly. The more I think about it the more it makes sense.
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote