Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2021, 09:36 PM   #295
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Well, got home and finally had a free few minutes and unboxed/unwrapped the spoiler. I will admit, it was packed MUCH better than I've seen others packed. All that being said, thankfully there are ZERO issues. I will edit this post for pics once I'm done posting this.

I'll post some more pics alittle later. If anyone wants a specific shot or measurements lmk.
Attached Images

AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:46 PM   #296
AZIROC

Well, im going to give it another few minutes then im going to call it a night. Got the old spoiler off. FYI, heat gun on low from the underside helps alot.

That being said, idk what im doing wrong, or if the bolts are just off by 1/2 inch, but this is where I'm at.

Edit: sorry for the crappy pics. Still pretty warm even at 830pm here in phx. Here is 1 more. I have the psg and center bolts in but how far off the drv side is.
Attached Images

Last edited by AZIROC; 05-03-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:32 PM   #297
AZIROC

Let me 1st apologize for taking up pretty much a whole page during this install.

Took a 10 min water break. Took the spoiler off and did some measuring. TECHNICALLY its off about 1/4 inch end to end (stock spoiler bolts were at 43 inches, this was was 42 and 3/4s...ish).

So I had my wife hang onto 1 side and I lowered from the other. Another FYI, this spoiler, atleast for me, has to be lowered pretty much STRAIGHT down. Putting the bolts down into 1 end and trying to grt the other end lined up won't work. Once we lowered it straight down, I just had to put just the slighted amount of "umph" onto the driver side to get it lined up perfectly.

They are tightened down about hand tight and im going to call Anderson tomorrow to see what the tq specs are. Unfortunately, I got ZERO directions or paperwork, minus a "return policy" included with the spoiler. Granted, its really just remove 6 bolts, install, tighten 6 bolts.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2021, 01:54 AM   #298
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Let me 1st apologize for taking up pretty much a whole page during this install.

Took a 10 min water break. Took the spoiler off and did some measuring. TECHNICALLY its off about 1/4 inch end to end (stock spoiler bolts were at 43 inches, this was was 42 and 3/4s...ish).

So I had my wife hang onto 1 side and I lowered from the other. Another FYI, this spoiler, atleast for me, has to be lowered pretty much STRAIGHT down. Putting the bolts down into 1 end and trying to grt the other end lined up won't work. Once we lowered it straight down, I just had to put just the slighted amount of "umph" onto the driver side to get it lined up perfectly.

They are tightened down about hand tight and im going to call Anderson tomorrow to see what the tq specs are. Unfortunately, I got ZERO directions or paperwork, minus a "return policy" included with the spoiler. Granted, its really just remove 6 bolts, install, tighten 6 bolts.
When I installed mine the bolts did not line up with the holes. I had to stretch the outer stanchion after lining up the other two. It’s definitely a tight fit. Would you be able to snap a few pics of where the stanchion meets the top of the spoiler? Maybe I’m seeing things but it looks a bit different than mine. The spoiler looks great btw
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:57 AM   #299
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
That looks awesome... well done!

Get her out into the light and get some pics.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:21 AM   #300
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Boy i am glad it came it looking so good for you. so nice to hear a success story, even after 6 months of waiting
Old 05-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #301
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Oh boy I would lose my shit if some deliveryt guy says cracks are normal. Neither one of us would be having a good time after that.

I hope his spoiler is flawless and they finally figured out what was wrong with all the ones that did crack.
Haha I wanted to have a few words with him but I decided to let it go. I didn’t understand why he didn’t want to deliver another wing. It’s not like they don’t get paid to deliver things
Old 05-04-2021, 12:41 PM   #302
AZIROC

SSallday, lmk if these work. idk why they keep loading sideways.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #303
AZIROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Boy i am glad it came it looking so good for you. so nice to hear a success story, even after 6 months of waiting

Same here. The closer it got the more worried I was that SOMETHING was going to be messed up. More-so when I got home just to see 2 holes in the box. Lol. I am still surprised on how thick the wrapping was on this. Specially in the corner.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #304
SSallday

Quote:
SSallday, lmk if these work. idk why they keep loading sideways.
Thanks for the pics. It looks like they kept the same design. To fix the picture problem, you have to trim any photo that was taken in portrait mode. It took me forever to figure out why my pictures would upload sideways haha.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:27 AM   #305
FalconerOneSeven

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Well, got home and finally had a free few minutes and unboxed/unwrapped the spoiler. I will admit, it was packed MUCH better than I've seen others packed. All that being said, thankfully there are ZERO issues. I will edit this post for pics once I'm done posting this.

I'll post some more pics alittle later. If anyone wants a specific shot or measurements lmk.
What did you use for gasket between the spoiler and the trunk?
FalconerOneSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:32 AM   #306
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconerOneSeven View Post
What did you use for gasket between the spoiler and the trunk?
My Anderson Composites spoiler came with some sort of soft felt like material with adhesive on one side. I had to cut it to desired shape.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #307
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Looking at these I have a tech question for you guys. Is the Andersen wing the same specs as the OE Chevy wing? what size are the sanctions? I see some others out there like C7 that have two sizes a 6+ inch size and a 4+ inch which is OE and which is the Andersen? can some one measure?
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #308
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
I was told by Anderson that the mold was taken directly from a 1LE wing, so the measurements are supposed to be very close. Take that for what it's worth...…...Lol
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote