Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Actually, that setup will be interesting. I just realized you are talking about doing it without cam and headers, right? That means you will be running more boost at any given pulley size.

The cam and headers lowered the boost level by 2-3psi comparing my car and Laynlo's ride before he went to the dark side. The cam also has the bigger fuel lobe which is why I considered a cam part of my fuel upgrade.
Yea stock cam but I do have CA primary cat delete pipes which gets rid of the biggest restriction in our exhaust.

Far as guages, I am just installing a AEM 30-0034 wideband with obd2 suppport, then will use a Bluetooth obd2 dongle and the Torque Pro app to monitor everything else with my phone.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #16
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I'm thinking, based primarily on drsag's data that I'll be good at E-seventysomething at 8 psi. I haven't seen any reports of E content greater than high seventies. I'm hoping that I still have enough headroom in the 70's to still be safe in the unlikely event that I get a tank of full-up E85
I think you will be fine as well.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:16 PM   #17
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Yeah. For sure my advice would be to hang out where you are because the difference between 550-600whp is nothing on street tires. You could add alky and get 600+ easily, but why add the risk?

I recommend upgrading the fuel system and then decide if you want to get a cam too. For me, the cam adds a bunch of strengthened parts and that is also the best time to think about forged options for cam, pistons and ARP studs. The question will be, is 700whp enough or are you going higher, if 700whp is enough, you can skip forging as long as the tune is right on. . .I added the pistons and decided I wanted 800whp and came up just short with e70.

On my build, I feel like that was my only mistake so far. Instead of drop in pistons, I should have added pistons, rods and studs at the same time. Now I may get back into the motor to do what I should have done the first time. I think I am running completely safe at 12 PSI, but just like the peace of mind in case I want to push just a little more.

On the other hand, for my goal, I wanted to have a car that is completely street driven and by adding tires can go to the track and run 9's (with a convertible that can get 20mpg and cruise around with the AC on in 100 degree temps).
Haha man I don't think I could handle 700! It'd be more than enough
Your build has really taken off and is a fine example of extreme fun and functionality. Props to everyone who is making big power reliably. It's amazing how far things have come since the cammed LS1 days
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #18
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
Your build has really taken off and is a fine example of extreme fun and functionality. Props to everyone who is making big power reliably. It's amazing how far things have come since the cammed LS1 days
Cam, heads, LT, lid, LS6 intake, converter with Nitto 555R, take on all customers like a Cobra 4.6
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #19
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
If 700whp is the goal, then I would look at the thread for the JRE super Street Brawler. I would go with the exact configuration from Ted and you will run 700whp+ on an A8 running 8psi with pump e85...it just doesn’t get any better.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote