Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Live View Camera

My newest mod was adding that nifty new Live View Camera to the car. My main reason for adding it is because I think it will be easier to see what’s behind me on track, rather than having to look through and see my rollbar, tint, and wicker bill. It is SUPER clear. I was very surprised with the quality of it all. Very impressed. Couple things to note, if you want to piece the parts together, the mirror is from a 2020 Silverado/Sierra that we need. NOT a Camaro. I originally sourced one from a 2020 Camaro and Gen5DIY told me that was not right. As for install, it was kind of a pain. I have my interior torn apart quite a bit in the back from my roll bar and rear seat delete, and I don’t know if that made it worse, but it was a pain back there. The antenna does not sit completely flush, as Gen5 points out on their website, but it’s not terrible. I thought about trying to get it to be more flush, but was under a time crunch at first. So I was trying to have it painted and everything. Now that I have time, I might try to source a non camera one and do some modding to make it fit better. Other than that, it seems to be a great upgrade and can’t wait to use it on track.
Attached Images

Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Cool and nice work, Had all the parts to do this to mine for a couple years now but still havent taken the time to do it...seems I have lost a bit of interest in the ole Z
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:13 PM   #3
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Yeah it’s pretty cool. Oh and the other thing is that the cover to hide the wires doesn’t work since it’s not made to fit the video cable. So I am going to try to get one from the Silverado to see if that fits better.
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:17 PM   #4
MontanaZ28

Drives: 2015 Z28
I installed one last summer on my Z and i like it for parking lots. Still not used to it while driving. let me know how the silverado cover/trim piece works because i need to do one on mine too.
MontanaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote