Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-27-2021, 02:53 PM   #1
Beescuz

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Scammer alert

Received the following private message from ridwesman8 Title: "OEM ZL1 1LE Wheels/Tires" Message: "a buddy has this for sale and he is asking $2k shipping via FedEx, you can reach George at gerbuckzp@gmail.com if you're still interested.

When I look at the three posts ridwesman8 has done, one is linked to Pro60modman that was scammed. See link. George was the scammer and similar gmail acct.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593639

Here is the email thread to gerbuckzp@gmail.com
1:39pm Me; Hello, Was told thru private message you have a set of rims for a 6th gen Zl1 1LE. Is that correct? Thanks

2:15pm Response: Yes, that is correct. Including OEM tpms sensors and no rash or scratches on any of them, where are you located?

2:16pm Me: Fredericksburg, VA 2406

2:20pm Response: I'll be willing to do 2k including shipping costs via FedEx to VA, send me your shipping address and I can work on shipping.

2:21pm Me: Sounds good to me.

2:22pm Response: Got your shipping info and will ship as soon as payment is received, I have Zelle and Venmo, Let me know if it works so I can send you info to make payment.

2:23pm Me: How much is shipping?

2:25 pm Response: It cost $150 to ship via FedEx, and I'll be doing 2k including FedEx shipping costs, Let me know mate

So watch out for ridewesman8 and gerbuckzp@gmail.com
Attached Images

Beescuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
did you get any photos or more info? i never reply or buy anything from anybody that has no photos and low post #s
Old 08-27-2021, 07:50 PM   #3
Beescuz

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
did you get any photos or more info? i never reply or buy anything from anybody that has no photos and low post #s
No more info. Blocked the email.
Beescuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:00 PM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Appreciate the heads up and glad they didn't get you.

On a separate note, you could benefit from the ublock origin extension Then you won't see lamps when you visit the car forums
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote